* Create multiple app instances - Each one manages its own content like items and categories.
* Create your very own custom content types to fit exactly your requirements.
* Choose from a rich set of elements like forms, images, videos, ratings and more.
* Arrange your content via drag 'n drop by assigning elements to layout positions.
* Extend categories with custom fields and sort them using drag 'n drop.
* The slick comment system supports Akismet, Gravatar, Twitter and Facebook Connect.
* Adding tags is a breeze with text suggestion, auto completion and multiple selections.
* Use our form builder to let your users submit content via the frontend of your website!
* Trusted authors can review and edit their created content directly from the frontend.
* Import your content from Joomla, CSV files and popular Joomla components
* Blog - Easily build your own weblog with features like comments, tags and social bookmarks.
* Pages - Need a static content page like a Copyright or Team page? Here you go!
If you're looking at the free version, and you need to make any customizations to the front-end, look elsewhere.
Sorry for your frustrating experience but we have a comprehensive documentation at http://docs.yootheme.com where you can also ask questions in the comments.
It also seems that you are using ZOO 1.0. Please upgrade to ZOO 2.0. There is only one free version for ZOO 2.0 and it is the same as for members who purchased the app bundle.
Besides this you doesn't mentioned any real issues you had...
Thank you YOO!
The price is nothing, compared to the application you get, and the support yootheme gives in their forum.
I was looking at alternative CCK's a while ago, but now there is nothing that matches Zoo2.
What is the sense behind a content construction kit? Exactly, a frontend submission/editing. You can build a predefined Contentstyling with various fields, so that can a not-webexpert submit his content and it looks allways in the same style. If this feature is missing, for me this is just a better templater for the backend, like the tiny "templater" from nonumber.nl on JED.
Now you have the same problem like flexicontent, but flexicontent will add this feature very soon. And if you compare your extension with the jSeblod solution, then you are very far away from it. And jSeblod is totaly free, without any commercial components and more powerful.
I say absolutly nothing against the quality of this product, but i can't see a sense behind a "Ferrari with three weels".
I do not work for jSeblod :-) . But I know all the CCK's for Joomla
It is clearly stated that ZOO 2.0 has currently no frontend submission. See the IMPORTANT note in the extension description above.
Why you are complaining about this and giving a bad review when it is clearly stated? Why don't you just go with another extension which fits your requirements?
The other thing I thought was kind of lame was the 'Free Release' with only Blog and Pages, and you have to pay 99Euro (Same Price as Zoo 1) to get anything useful out of it (the Apps). They should really sell the apps individually since 99% of purchasers are only going to use one, maybe two of them.
I know the CCK was the clue but no one solution feet all my initial seek but anyway ZOO 1.0 was the best choice. A few months ago they anounced ZOO 2.0, a few weeks ago I could test and FINALLY my seek ended.
I found the combination of Joomla! with ZOO 2.0 an natural choice, I'll never could use Joomla itself anymore, ZOO 2.0 and the YOOTheme are the best thing I discovered since started.
Get your ZOO app bundle and change your joomla day by day, you won't regret.
The bundle package is well worth every penny as is anything YooTheme!
I don't think "what limitations do I have?" anymore, but "what challenges will I overcome next?"
Amazing release - Jan, Sascha, Mustaq, Malte, Bob and everyone else that helped make this release possible, thank you!
Go get it now!