You can build almost anything: Blog, forum, support desk or private ticket system, real estate or auto market, job board or product catalog!!!
Cobalt is a successor of Mighty Resources but all new, completely redone.
- Flexible CCK - Wide variety of fields text, textarea, html, image, select, multi-select, ... All fields are highly editable and will always give you more than you expect.
- Notification System - iPhone or Facebook style notifications system allows users subscribing to articles or section/categories and being notified on any occurring event.
- Multi-type - Allows you to submit, handle, search, display, order and filter different content types of data within the same section/category.
- Search & Filtering System – Smart and configurable FULL TEXT search system. Advanced search using filters by field values.
- Speed - High performance is one of our main concerns.
- Multi-Vendor - Users submit from frontend and can even create their own categories and have their own home pages.
- Comment System – Built-in comment system, along with the ability to use any other system like Komento.
- Rating System – 3 different calculating modes. Single or multiple property ratings.
- Moderator Manager – Set any users as moderator to any section, and fine-tune his permissions.
- Templates Powered - Every record list or record display uses templates which can be managed through a Template Manager.
There are much much more features in Cobalt than what we can describe within this short description. Try for yourself this incredible component and become addicted by the unrivaled power of flexibility, which no other JOOMLA CCK can provide.
Although the learning curve is hard - as said before - it has nearly unlimited features AND(!) the support of the developers is just great. Bug fixes are made within hours after the report of a bug and feature requests normally don't take longer than a week (fastest for me was one day).
One component that was really worth buying (although the free version is already very powerful).
But did you think about how visiters browse and search your extended content types?
In my humble opinion, these are the major reasons to use COBALT as your Joomla CCK:
- Advanced Search and Filters
(total results are shown before any search is made)
- Multiple Types per section
- Moderator Manager & Notifications
- Template-based in all parts
Definitely try it out – it's FREE!
Even more advanced modules and fields can be purchased seperately for lifetime! or accessed via club membership. Check them out as well!
- Parent & Child relations!
- SSI (Simple Sale Interface)
- Geo Field & Distance Search
If K2 is an extended com_content, and ZOO is the pretty iPhone of a content component... than MintJoomla COBALT is more like Drupal7 Fields and the exposed filters of Views ;-)
I have to repeat myself and I will use the same statement I used for its pre-decessor "ME Resources": This Extension makes Joomla! a full-fledged CMS and ContentBuilder.
Nevertheless the learning curve is quite hard at the beginning. Later on it is really easy to configure and use.
I would say the possibilities impress! Vast variety of fields and fine tune parameters is the paradise for someone who do not want to get into code.
What I like about new version is the speed. Thanks developers they really did a marvelous job on it. Aтв a lot of new interactive features.
I love Cobalt 7, and in fact I already love Cobalt 8 when I read roadmap.
Thank you MintJoomla for this wonderful experience.
By combining Colbalt with Emerald, the membership component also from MintJoomla I have a solution that improves on all of the best features from the previous MightyExtensions Components.
Colbalt is a fully blown CCK and as such is not for newbies who are probably better off sticking to the excellent but non-comparable K2. However if you have a bit of web dev experience with Joomla! then I recommend you give Colbalt a try.
The new pricing structure means the core Component, Plugins and Modules will always be free, allowing me to pay for only the premium features I need. The good news is that licenses are no longer restricted by domain and premium purchases can be used on infinte domains.
I believe that Joomla! 2.5.x has been a important milestone for the Joomla! community and a big step forward. Along with the recently announced roadmap for Colbat 8 with exciting new Enterprise features the future is looking very promising.
If you get COBALT, you dont need anything else anymore.
Nested categories, unlimited fields per article, flexible layout, comments, rating, etc etc ...
Only your imagination is the limitation what you can do with this extension.
Not only the product, also the support is outstanding. While experiencing some difficulties with my own import script, Sergey immediately went out of his way and fixed my problems within minutes. Free of charge. Thank you very much for your support.
The most incredible fact is that this high quality component is absolutely free as well.
I bought several add-ons just to support this extraordinary product -- worth every cent.
5 stars are not enough to rate this component.