When you delete a article out of the trashcan it will drop all versions of it except the last one saved. Then one will stay in the database. Maybe in the future I will make a function to show and restore does versions as well. Or there will be a a option to drop all versions when you delete a article.
In the configuration of the Content - Versions plug-in you can set the max number of versions that it has to save. It will drop the oldest version if maximum is reached.
In the configuration of the Button - Versions plug-in you can set the size of the pop-up window.
Really short explanation:
- Install the package that contains the component and the two plug-ins.
- Go to the back-end and publish the two plug-ins.
- Then open a article in the article editor and change it. It only saves when you did make a change.
- After saving it you can see that there is 1 version available in the button under the wysiwyg editor
- Click the button and discover your options.
Anyhow, think a Freemium pricing structure would go down well for this extension, so to fund your dev of a version that supports this to front-end editors could be based on a subscription/fee.
Great job & thinks on giving this free version to the community.
- Autopublish for the plugins
- If the editor is in text mode, the versions won't get pasted
- The preview doesn't match the correct output, I think, the template-paths and css is needed, so a direct output isn't possible. The preview function of tinymce run in the same problem. If you use an iframe, mootools-ajax and some know how, you can open the joomla frontsite-article in a absolute positioned div.
Keep going on,