Post by Email for Joomla automatically post in joomla websites, retrieves all your emails from a mailbox and automatically place them as content in Joomla!
Post by Email allows sending content to your Joomla via email or cellphone and can work with many configured email addresses.
New options in Post by Email:
- Iphone mode setting (Joomla 2.5 only)
- Ignite Gallery integration category setting (Joomla 2.5 only)
- publish up date (Joomla 2.5 only)
- You have sender filter (allowed and forbidden emails filter)
- You can have single email parsed into multiple articles. It retrieves the articles author, title and intro for each article in email so that each article is published separately.
- Duplicate content protection function for com_content
- You may choose where to publish the emails content in JomSocial: on the wall or as status update. If you choose to publish it as status update, you can control whether the "Comment" and "Like" buttons are enabled or not.
- Supported are pictures and others attached files
- Option to configure when in content will be posted attachment. Post anywhere in content tag with name of attachment and attachment will be posted at this place in HTML code.
- Support for ssl encryption and base64 encoded e-mails. If received email is encoded, is automatically decoded.
- Strip HTML tags option - to strip or not html in email content.
- Allowed HTML tags - to strip only selected html tags.
- Subscribing email address for Kunena forum.
- Component can post in selected by id topic in Kunena forum. If email is with same subject (include Re:, Fw:, Re, Fwd, etc.) email going automatically to the same thread.
- Automatically subscribe to thread email poster (Kunena only).
- Allow posts by guests (Kunena only).
Post by Email standart features (every option is individual for every email):
- Associate email address with a specific section and category
- Where to put content: In Joomla content, in K2, on JomSocial Walls, in Kunena or in Agora forum.
- If post in forum, in which forum email will be posted.
- If is checked to post in JomSocial, on wall of which user content will be posted.
- In which content section email will be published
- In which content section email will be published
- Title of the content-subject line in email
- Set users with specific email addresses
- Specify specific Joomla section or category based on receiving email address or based on sending email address
- Default author alias of content
- Publish content automatically
- Publish content on Frontpage
- Option to delete processed email
- Cronjobs to automate
I will warn you, the developers website is half russian (I think) and you can get lost there. But the install is straight forward and it handles pretty much everything like a charm. Also the documentation isn't all that great, but most Joomla users will have no probs.
So you all know, I bought the pro version.
Tekno_boy, thank you! We alway listen our users and in this way is just added new integration of "Post by Email" with Ignite Gallery. We are not russian, our site is 50% on Bulgarian, 50% in English. For this extension not exist Pro version - this was a old title from Joomla 1.5 years, is very popular name and is added to product description to find them in Google. Now product name is only "Post by Email" for Joomla - this is actual product that support both J15 and J25. Older version is "Post by Email Old" - only for J 1.5 in combination with very old versions of Kunena and Jomsocial.
I wished they clean a little the site: many of the conditions are sparse and not immediate to go through - but all needed is clearly stated.
Support - rated 4 stars. At the beginning I was a little angry for download rules: only 2 download for the price paid instead of the usual 1 year. After discussion, team accepted to change and relax rules bringing this to 4 times, so covering a year. Considering reaction, I improved my ratings.
The idea was to have certain mails published in the forum using a certain user account.
Post by Email does exactly that. It is well worth the price.
Is there anything that could be improved? The component itself "just" works. A+
There is no documentation within the install package, while it does exist in their support forum. If you look for it, you will find it.
Our forum is a private forum, so the Cron Job needed a login to work. We contacted the support team who sorted the issue within HOURS! A+
So the only thing I would recommend the developers should think about:
Stop answering support mails on sunday and spend more time with your family :)
Thank you for your excellent job!
Now that's what I call support!
Thank you guys.
The developer tried for a full week to help but could not resolve the issue. Spent over 5 hours in correspondence, creating ftps, temp admin access, testing, playing with different configuration, etc. and at the end it still would not work.
No refund at the end of this and Paypal does not protect non-tangible items.
1- One email gets posted and the rest would not post anymore so i had to delete the account and recreate it only to pull another email
2- When the 1 Email was posted, the title did not make sense, even after after turning their recommended instructions on and off
3- Password field saved in is in plain text format!!! big security risk!
Stay away or look for another extension.
About point 1: You know that we test in your admin. Extension work with one of our email boxes, with other gmail based also, only with your email not. I dont know what problem have your host and email box. You can use other email, right?
About point 2: Subject of email going to title of content item. Joomla 1.6/1.7 have duplicate content protection based on titl alias. You have tested many times with only one message and only one title. Would not work in this way.
About point 3: Yes, you have right for this point, will be fixed in next week.
Thank You for Your good review! We work to make component more and more flexible and will add new features to him. I recommend You to try higher version that support SSL and attachments - version for Joomla 1.7 that have separate parsers for different site types pending in next week.
It not only supports HTML - I have full control upon which tags to allow in my content and which tags gets stripped (when importing RSS like e-mails). It supports attached files, so I am able to put some images on the right place in my articles! I do love this option!
Frankly I've never tested with Kunena or other joomla based forum engine. Nevertheless it does what I need it to do - it makes my life easier saving me time and efforts.
If you want plain text only article submission by email, this seems to do the job - it doesn't seem to handle html formated emails well, stripping the code but leaving a few random characters.
I had hoped you could control the category/section choices through codes in the email body or title, but it requires multiple mailboxes if you want to submit to different categories and sections.
The cron job set-up might be a stumbling block for some users...I don't think that's really the fault of this component though, Joomla itself probably needs a scheduling framwework...
The English in the support forums is pretty hard work though...as far as I can understand only the pro version supports collecting emails from Gmail mailboxes (because of the bespoke ports and SSL traffic encryption), but I couldn't get it to successfully import an email from a non-Gmail mailbox, when the email was sent to it from Gmail either...not even when using the developers own test mailbox - it inserted the title but stripped the body text. Gmail seems to encode (not encrypt!!!) the email such that the component can't read it properly. I couldn't seem to explain my issues in simple enough English to find a solution...just kept getting told that encryption wasn't supported and to read the product descriptions
Responses on the forum were quick though, but ultimately I personally found that the level of English was inadequate for my support needs.
It's also worth noting that their licensing policy seems to have changed since the comment below from "Seeraj" - once you've bought the component you're then only allowed two further downloads.
I think it has potential and if your needs are pretty basic, you probably won't be disappointed.
Personally, I was disappointed, but mostly with myself I guess...I could have avoided wasting my money by properly testing the component on the developer's demo site.
We answer of all questions in our support forum, but question about this is not received. You can post Your questions in support forum here: http://3dwebdesign.org/forum/index.php?showforum=24
About unsolicited email: extension can work with many email boxes. If you want to post only your own content, use secret name for mail box that is not known from another person. This work in exact way in wordpress and any other cms supporting post by email. Instead of this Your idea to import emails only from certain authors is good and will be included in next version.
Our extension post in three different extensions: jomsocial, kunena and agora. When some of these three extensions is updated, we update Post by Email.
Info about extension is here:
Support forum is here:
In latest 7 days we dont have support questions about this extension. This comment is fake and account of this user:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/reviews/susanjvv is created only to post this fake comment.
Seraaj, thank You! We keep develop component and adding new functions. All users that buy component receive all future updates for free.