Its main feature (and what makes it different from some of the existing countdowns for Joomla!) is that it handles browser suspend/resume events correctly. There is a wide scope of scenarios when browsers stop (pause) the scripts and timers: from putting a desktop in suspend state to switching mobile Safari tabs or even scrolling the screen on iOS devices while the module is displayed on the page. In all cases, after the browser resumes, Smart Countdown calculates the time the scripts were suspended and adjusts the values of its counter automatically (no need to reload the page).
Smart Coundown uses Mootools FX library for digits animation thus providing good cross-browser support.
Smart countdown includes translations for English (backend and frontend), Spanish and Russian (frontend only) and is well prepared for multilingual environments. It is aware of singular/plural forms of time unit labels it displays (Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds) for the majority of languages, including special cases – French zeros (that are singular) and Russian (third label form for values ending with 2 to 4 but not with 11 to 14), and can be extended with user-defined “plural suffices” methods for the languages that need their specific logic.
Smart Countdown package includes an optional plugin that helps maintaining the module on multilingual sites.
• Digits animation - virtually unlimited number of effects and styles using basic animation profiles (included), installable profiles addons and possibility to create/edit animations directly in module's settings with preview
• More than one countdown on the same page with individual settings
• Support for events import plugins (new in v2.1)
• Various module layouts
• Customizable module width, padding and background
• Independent font sizes for event text, counter digits and time unit labels (“Days”, “Hours”, etc.)
• Custom CSS styles for all counter elements
• Automatic redirection (may be disabled in options) to a menu item or an URL on countdown 0
• Option to set event time relative to current user's session ("Time left to confirm order..." scenarios)
I never thought I would find a countdown to give me the results I need but This did and works great when using Jevent.
Thank you Alex!
I had a problem displaying the module on my IPhone App. I contacted the creator of module (Alex) and he was really great! Answers in perfect time and overall he found the solution to my problem in less than 24hours. He sent me a file (done for me!) to add to module template and everything now looks excellent!!!! What should I tell more...If you are looking for a countdown module what works in any contents including K2 item description and on IOS mobile devices; if you are looking for an extra excellent support then you need to chose the Smart Countdown Module. Thanks again Alex!!
See you around