Easy configuration, CSS based customization and performance gains through AJAX and advanced caching mechanism are the main targets of this extensions.
The whole suite contains different extensions which are listed here:
* The component is the heart of the GCalendar suite and shows different kinds of calendars in the main part.
* The Upcoming Events module shows the next events of your calendar as a list.
* The GCalendar module shows the google calendar at a module position.
* The Next module shows a countdown timer till the next events starts.
* The search plugin adds the functionality to search for events.
* The next plugin embeds upcoming events into articles.
So feel free to give it a try. Don't hesitate to post in the forum if you have a question or open a new issue if you need a feature!!
How google himself sees his calendar service:
Organize your schedule and share events with friends. With Google's free online calendar, it's easy to keep track of life's important events all in one place.
I had a couple of questions about how best to proceed and each was answered within minutes with clear, consise and infomative answers - keep up the good work!
The support as always been very efficient and quick. I can only recommend you this tool.
Instead of giving us a bad review you should try to ask for help in the forum where our team does an excellent job helping people in trouble. We have over 15'000 downloads a month and you are the first one who reported that the whole site break down. We hope you are getting in touch with us to sort out the problem....
GCalendar is definetly one of my favourite extensions I recommend to everyone.
Negative is I have a problem with small preview mode which can use on top page does not show the date and time properly. Large calender was fine not preview one. (by Jul 2012)
Works on google calendar view but not gcalendar view and this seems to be a problem. Also was unable to registrar for owners forum so not able to report problem though it has been reported and nothing done to sort the problem out. Once sorted this would be rated as excellent
Due a bug in community builder login it was not possible to create an account. This problem is fixed now....sorry for the trouble.
- google calendar
- beatyfull frontend interface
- search through events
- nice modules (next events, mini overview calendar)
- tooltip on mouse-over
- events opened with lightbox effect
- to add/change events from Joomla you need the paid addon GCalendar Action Pack
- from Google Calendar you can enter only plain text descriptions (or use HTML if you know it). Buy the Action Pack for WYSIWYG editor.
- to change date and time format you need to look the date function in the PHP manual (but is quite easy)
- no docs for plg_gcalendar_next, very difficult to use (I have disabled it). A button editor and a wizard would be very useful.
Sorry to say but it is not an issue. Since version 2.7.0 the 12 hours am/pm time format is the default one and believe me it works on thousands of GCalendar installations :-)
I hope you will reconsider your review.