Easy configuration, CSS based customization and performance gains through AJAX and advanced caching mechanism are the main targets of this extensions.
The whole suite contains different extensions which are listed here:
* The component is the heart of the GCalendar suite and shows different kinds of calendars in the main part.
* The Upcoming Events module shows the next events of your calendar as a list.
* The GCalendar module shows the google calendar at a module position.
* The Next module shows a countdown timer till the next events starts.
* The search plugin adds the functionality to search for events.
* The next plugin embeds upcoming events into articles.
So feel free to give it a try. Don't hesitate to post in the forum if you have a question or open a new issue if you need a feature!!
How google himself sees his calendar service:
Organize your schedule and share events with friends. With Google's free online calendar, it's easy to keep track of life's important events all in one place.
Instead of giving us a bad review you should try to ask for help in the forum where our team does an excellent job helping people in trouble. We have over 15'000 downloads a month and you are the first one who reported that the whole site break down. We hope you are getting in touch with us to sort out the problem....
GCalendar is definetly one of my favourite extensions I recommend to everyone.
Negative is I have a problem with small preview mode which can use on top page does not show the date and time properly. Large calender was fine not preview one. (by Jul 2012)
Works on google calendar view but not gcalendar view and this seems to be a problem. Also was unable to registrar for owners forum so not able to report problem though it has been reported and nothing done to sort the problem out. Once sorted this would be rated as excellent
Due a bug in community builder login it was not possible to create an account. This problem is fixed now....sorry for the trouble.
- google calendar
- beatyfull frontend interface
- search through events
- nice modules (next events, mini overview calendar)
- tooltip on mouse-over
- events opened with lightbox effect
- to add/change events from Joomla you need the paid addon GCalendar Action Pack
- from Google Calendar you can enter only plain text descriptions (or use HTML if you know it). Buy the Action Pack for WYSIWYG editor.
- to change date and time format you need to look the date function in the PHP manual (but is quite easy)
- no docs for plg_gcalendar_next, very difficult to use (I have disabled it). A button editor and a wizard would be very useful.
Sorry to say but it is not an issue. Since version 2.7.0 the 12 hours am/pm time format is the default one and believe me it works on thousands of GCalendar installations :-)
I hope you will reconsider your review.
However, I cannot use gcalendar as it is now, as the site is slowed down while ggalendar is loading the calendars. This may not be a problem if you just are handling few google calendars. Thus, I use googles embeded calendar view as iframe. With this solution the site loads fast and the calendar shows up a while after. If gcalendar could do it the same way - I would be a happy man.
Anyway - thanks for a great extension!
First, i hope you will understant what i writte because my english is not very good so sorry before !!
I try to install gcalendar on my website joomla 2.5 and when i done it i've got this message :Installation d'un composant : La fonction DB ne rapporte aucune erreur
Coul someone help me to find the mistake because this component look fine and i hope i can install it on joomla 2.5
Thanks a lot for all extension and hope to read you soon
but when i work with my computer in my office. and at my office need ntlm authentication, this extension doesn't support..
please help for this problem
Please ask in the G4J forum for help. People there are doing a great job to help out....
GCalendar is simply the most versatile Event Calendar extension suite there is, hands down. You can either have a traditional calendar, or an agenda-like list of events, or a list of regular weekly events. You can have more than one module, with different events from the same agenda by using different word/tag filters (in a website I developed for a church, I can have two different "Upcoming Events" modules, one for the regular weekly events and other for special and unique events to come just using a word filter).
Just once I had a small issue with the spinning wheel of death, but after resizing the calendar to a slightly smaller size, it worked wonderfully (just a heads up if anyone else has this issue).
Anyway, I don't have enough words to praise such wonderful set of extensions.