• Schedule Events (one-time / recurring/ all-day)
• Set Reminder Email or SMS Alerts
• Set up Multiple Calendars for different teams
• Allow site visitors to comment on events
• Social BookMarks, Auto-post Events to Facebook
• Google Map Integration for Event Location
• Export / Import events using ICAL
• Create Group Events for multiple users
• Send invites to event participants
• Separate "Upcoming Events" widget to highlight future events. Customize widget icons to match with calendar colors to distinguish departments, resources [ etc]
• 6 different strikingly attractive Themes - Red, Black, Blue, Wood Texture, Grey, Dark Green
• 4 unique Event Views – Daily, Weekly, List and Monthly
• Upgrade JTAG Calendar without having to uninstall, thereby retaining the data of old events!
• Calendar search that aggregates past and upcoming events for easier search results
• Search results in interactive tool-tip for faster navigation
All of these features encapsulated in an apple ICAL- like interface makes Jtag calendar one of the most intuitive and socially aware applications available for Joomla.
Available in multiple languages - English, German, Spanish , French, Portuguese,Norwegian, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Catalan
We have looked at all the calendar components out there for Joomla and decided on Jtag Calendar for several reasons:
1. It's amazing look and functionality. You will not find another calendar that looks and feels like this calendar. I would rate the visual side of this calendar a 5/5 - it doesn't get better than this in a Joomla component.
2. Functionality! We loved how we could import our iCal files straight into the calendar because most of us use Macs. It was easy to do and it saved us alot of time.
3. Front-end functionality. Having different officers in the club with no Joomla experience, I had to find something that allowed for front-end functionality. JTag Calendar has a great front-end that is easy to use and has all the features we wanted. The few other calendars we looked at didn't come close in the front-end functionality.
4. I have to admit I was scared at first because usually flashy joomla components runner slower than plain ones, but I was wrong to have been worried. This calendar, even with it's visual flavor, runs and loads fast.
5. iCal export and PDF print. We LOVE this feature! This allows our members to import our events into their phones and macs and also allows us to print upcoming events in a PDF form for meetings. This is a good tool for groups and meetings.
6. I have Joomla experience but if you don't, this Calendar is absolutely easy to set up. You install it, and assign it to a menu and that's it. Creating events and calendars in the backend is simple and front-end is also as simple.
Overall, this is an amazing calendar, and above are a few of our likes regarding this calendar. If you want a clean, modern calendar that gives good features while also not looking like early 90's then I recommend getting this calendar. For $30, that is a good deal (most Joomla Calendar components are from 30-49). I would recommend buying Jtag's membership if you plan on buying their calendar because for $9 more, you can get all of their extensions and also their amazing support.
Their support is top notch - they will respond to your questions within hours usually and give you individualized support. For example, I needed my Members Directory to look differently - within a few days, they sent me a new version of their extension modified just for my needs.
You won't be disappointed and if you hit a problem, know that Jtag Support is there and they will fix it for you.
As for the extension itself, we were using free JEvents calendar before, which we really liked, in some ways better than JTag calendar, but those were more matters of personal preference. The big difference for us was the "show map" functionality built in to JTag calendar. That's so important for our organization. That option is available as an addon for JEvents calendar, but you have to have a Silver membership subscription, which cost almost double what JTag calendar costs. We're a non-profit so have to manage costs. I don't have experience with other calendar extensions (except some of the free/lite ones, none of which came close to meeting our needs (except JEvents Calendar). If you need a good calendar JTag is a great way to go, Jevents is good too, and has available some interesting sounding add-ons, but those require a subsription.
>> This is probably the best out there as far as functionality and design. I recommend it to everyone!
Awesome customer support!
>> I had a small issue to get started with the component and the customer support took care of it for me. Very competent and professional support!
As ever the calendar loaded quickly and looked great. Setting up this component and the module is very easy but don't think this means the functionality or style is basic because it isn't. There are plenty of options but the layout is highly intuitive.
Although an experienced Joomla installer with many years experience setting up commercial websites I found that I needed a little support with a frustrating front end problem and posted in the forum. Obviously you expect anything from cryptic clues to code edits and a bit of a wait. Not with JTAG support - within 12 hours one of their team had replied but rather than expecting me to fix the problem they logged onto my site fixed the front end issue and another they noticed in the back end to boot! This is by far the best support I've ever had the pleasure to receive.
Highly recommended and a must have for most websites.
The company is based in India which means after working on the site during the day and emailing problems after, my problems were resolved the next morning. Support personel were very easy to deal with, understood my problems and created a solution.
I have tried a few different calendars and this is the best one so far.
We are very sorry that you feel this way about our our Jtag calendar plugin !
We do all our development on a Linux environment, and use Firefox as our primary browser. We test all our extensions on multiple browsers, including Chrome and IE. Jtag Calendar component works fine in Firefox, Chrome and IE. This has been tested and validated by many live users of the calendar on a variety of browsers and Joomla templates.
We usually try our best to get the component working with your custom templates but if our support is unable to get the component fully working with your custom template, we are more than happy to offer a full refund of your purchase. (as per our refund policy)
We apologize once again for not being able to get the calendar plugin working to your satisfaction on your custom template on Chrome. We have initiated a full refund of your payment.
Wishing you all the best in designing your Joomla website.