- This extension inserts a backlink to the developer.
- Limited to 5 events.
• Multiple visualization modes: Daily View, Weekly View, Monthly View, Multi-Month View.
• Several configuration options from the Joomla backend.
• You can let users to edit the calendar information from the frontend.
• The information associated to a date can be shown in a floating panel over the date when viewing the calendar in the Multi-Month View.
• The dates can be linked to other webpages and optionally you can pass the related date as a parameter to those pages. This feature can be used only from the calendar Multi-Month View.
• You can select which of the calendar buttons you want to show/hide.
• It's available in the following languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese.
• Already includes 23 predefined color schemes. You can also edit the CSS files if needed.
• Can be setup to display only the weekdays needed (Ex: from Monday to Friday).
• Drag and drop feature added to move events between cells.
• Can be setup to use a 12 or 24 hour clock.
• Ajax-based administration - no need to reload the page.
• Includes User Permissions Management: You can select which users can add, edit and/or delete events in the front-end if the "Edition mode" is enabled.
• You can create, edit and delete color palettes. Color palettes can be assigned to calendars.
• Includes an optional "User Plugin" to automatically create a calendar each time a new user is registered. The calendar can be assisgned to the registered user so he/she can manage his/her own calendar.
• Uses the popular jQuery library to render the calendar.
• This free version is limited to 5 events and includes a back link to the developer.
So I have tested all the calendar’s functions and they pleased me completely. Off course that the free version is not supposed to be an option due to the 5 event limitation. Therefore I decided to buy the commercial version. Since I had to customize the calendar beyond the default adjustments to adapt it to my template and my own taste, I asked for technical support witch I received quickly and completed. Five stars!
In my opinion the great advantage of the free version of this calendar is to allow customers to test the full program before buying the commercial version. It is a company’s smart approach but requires a full confidence on the product. For me, the demos traditionally offered for commercial products conveying a number of functions, are not enough to make a comprehensive evaluation before buying. Thank you “Multi View extension” developers.
Support is A1, found a couple of challenges with "no military" times ie 12 hour clock. Fixed pdq with clear instruction on what to do. And put into down load from web. The 5 entry version is an adequate demo, well just about, to see if it suits. If suits your needs then very well worth the money. If not then it was worthwhile trying before buying.
In summary good product with professional support - might even try their forms offering!
That note is present in the product's page before downloading the extension. We have also included a note in this page according to your suggestion.
Thank you for your comments.
Thank you for your review and feedback. The support for the iCal format is already in our TO-DO list, I'll let you know when ready.