Here is a list of features DPCalendar offers:
* Full responsiveness of all views
* ACL everywhere also who can view the content of events
* Nested calendars
* Ajax powered calendar with a smooth design
* jQuery UI theme support
* Google map integration
* Batch editing of events
* Coloring individual events
* Complex recurring events
* Upcoming events module
* Counter module
* Mini module
* Map module
* Downloading events to google calendar and Outlook
* Search plugin
* Social share buttons
* Inclusion of Facebook Comments, Google Plus COmments and JComments
* Native joomla language support
* SEO optimised with rich snippets (structured data)
* Integration/Import of external sources like Ical/Jomsocial/CSV/Google calendar/JEvents/JCalPro/Facebook events/MS Exchange/CalDAV
* Drag'n Drop and resize in the frontend
* List view
* Event view customization
* CalDAV access to the calendars
* Every user can have it's own calendars
* Visitors can attend events
* E-Mail reminders
* Attachment support trough DPAttachments
DPCalendar is inspired by the popular GCalendar extension and is a port to a native joomla calendar manager.
We asked for support and were told that they needed access to the private area of the site. We were hoping for a few helpful suggestions before we got to the point where we were giving out passwords for that.
Before we gave out a password for the private site area, we decided to uninstall it and re_install it. When we uninstalled the component, the site crashed. We had no access to the backend or the frontend, but it did throw an error message pointing to the fact that the uninstall was unclean and left remnants that was causing joomla to crash.
We had to open the database in PHP myadmin and find the remnants and disable them manually. Once we did that we were able to get to the admin side of joomla again. When we logged in, joomla saw that there was a bad un-install, pointed to faulty manifests from the component and cleaned itself up. (hurray for joomla). After all this we were able to get the front end back up and running.
Obviously we have decided to NOT re-install this software. Money Not Well Spent!
Sad to her that it went so wrong. Normally people are more than happy when we offer to fix the problem on their site directly to speed up the solving process.
We have a 30 day money back guarantee, to bad you didn't request refund it you are unhappy with DPCalendar.
I'd definately recommend this for anyone who wishes to show events on their site for any reason.
"Right out of the box" DPCalendar is a stunning solution, which solves almost all of the every day demands. There are a lot of aspects, which help to customize the software, the UI and the "look and feel". At start I was somewhat irritated about the few setup icons in the admin backend - but the power is hidden under the combination of these menu items, categories, calendar setup and options, the locations and the event database itself. All that is straight forward for the beginner.
But I would lie, if the setting up of the full power of such a mighty solution wouldn't need some knowledge in code editing. It's like driving a large car just out of the store - or tuning a car, which needs knowledge of the engine and the electric. But one doesn't need editing of deeply nested files via ftp in the site, the developer team has pulled out all that code and parameters into dialogues in the backend. That's a great help together with a good online documentation and a professional translated piece of software, too.
The support team is beyond any critique: fast and exhausting answers, patient if there comes not the fast solution.
Superb software, very good support.
DPCalendar has taken all the worry out of the process. Importing events is as simple as a click! A little bit of adjusting is needed once imported.. but well worth it as.. well, there just aren't any others!
Support is top notch and fast to respond. They really do a great job at communicating and even offer up friendly advice on issues that occur.
I am very pleased with their software and look forward to converting my site over to 3 once the LTS is released.
I can honestly say, you WILL NOT find this type of component anywhere on the market. It's not settling for the only one with functionality you need utilized... it's settling for the best. With this, I highly recommend this to anyone needing this type of component.
Thanks Digital-Peak, you guys rock!
With version 3.1 every part of DPCalendar will be fully responsive. How sounds that!!!
first of all I would like to point out that I am a rookie in terms of experience level with joomla. Started with J 2.5.
I do have some basic knowlege of html from years ago, ftp, configuration of my webspace using confixx and let my say an idea of what a database is. No real clue of PHP.
I am using this extension on my portal for information and to cluster events of seminars and trialogs related to psychoses and borderline personal disorder in northern Germany.
For purpose cluster events witch will be the main value I am using this delight extension.
My requirements are fullfilled in terms of easy to:
-edit events in frontend in daily life
-have native joomla structur according to categories, article,..
-higly customize apperance of single event view, list view, zoomlevel of integrated google maps and a very lot more
-setup recurring events by using PHP rules (yes even I made to understand that)
-improving by updates
In addition to that this extension has a clear represented backend interface. I cannot stress this enough!!
There are much more options which I am not using in my live environment but tested local like google map with sum of events.
All features are working and I do not have the feeling that preformance has gone down using dpcalendar.
So far I do not have any cons.
A question related to cutomize the singel event view which I placed in the forum has been successfully answered in just like no time.
Overall after trying three other paid extensions this one is my choise in terms of easy usage and deployment.
Support is great and definitely marvelous value for the money.
I do recommend it!
i was looking for a calendar extension, which would be working as much as possible like native joomla extension - creating category tree, writing events like articles in categories, using native ACL system. Also had to be as much easy as possible, but still offering a lot of features. Its frontend display looks user friendly and its really easy to start using it, without studying documentation and trying to find out how to use it. At last, support works great. Had a problem with subscription and when i used ticket system, my problem was solved in an hour.
For such money is just great, no reason to spend own time developing some some calendar extension when you can buy readymade solution for such money.
although it took few days to find the solution, the bottom line is that the technical guy's are professional! with patience and good will they fixed my issue.
I recommend to buy this extension. great service!
I've nearly tried out every calendar extension for Joomla...
- Calendar extension must be able to display a huge amount of events at the same time (performance!)...
- ...without confusing the users -> i.e. multi-day events have to be displayed (on the same "line") as ONE entity, WITHOUT having to buy additional templates or creating/implementing new sourcecode lines first
- Calendar must be able to display events in different categories (or: different calendars in the same view). These categories can be displayed/hidden through user-interaction
- Additional information like links, images, descriptions can be added individually for each entry
- Users are able to copy events and directly integrate them into their own calendars, i.e. Google Cal, Outlook Cal, etc.
- Different views are available by default -> day, week, month / a separate "print-view" is integrated
- Calendar design is fully customizable (in my case: background had to be set to 'transparent' -> corporate design)
- As there are hundreds of entries in my specific calendar: Extension is able to automatically display ALL events using a minimum of space in the frontend (optimized for a perfect overall-view!)
- Lightbox- and geotagging functionalities are already implemented
- Extension is available in multiple languages
- Additional modules are available -> complete solution for one site -> i.e. display upcoming events separately, show smaller calendar on frontpage, etc.
- Events can be added/updated/modified also through frontend-access
- Backend: Entries can be displayed in categories/in different views, in order to retrieve a certain entry as fast as possible
- Recurring events only have to be edited once -> entries can be future-dated/re-used or directly set up as 'recurring'
- A list of events can be implemented in one batch by using import plugins (i.e. csv-plugin)
You'll find all of these and even more useful and helpful features in DPCalendar by default! I'm quite sure, that you won't be able to find a smarter, more powerful Joomla-Calendar extension!
In order to suit your and your site-visitors needs perfectly, experienced users, coders and the developer can be asked for support/help in the DPCalendar forum. I use DPCalendar on a site where hundreds of classic car-/oldtimer-/racing-events are displayed; thanks a lot to Laoneo/paulohio/dhaller for their help in customizing DPCal!
I'd strongly recommend the Joomla extension DPCalendar, because it is...
+ fully customizable
+ easy to use
+ contains additional modules
+ well supported, updated regularly AND its pricing is fair!
When I found DPCalendar, I wasn't quite sure it was what I needed for the site I'm currently developing, but they answered all my Pre-Sales questions so fast and clear that I decided to purchase the Subscription. Let me tell you, best choice ever.
Working with DPCalendar is great, simple, and the results are amazing! And if you happen to get into some trouble, you have absolutely nothing to worry about cause the support they give is clear even for beginners, and must importantly FAST! So you wont lose time waiting for their response, which means, no time lost working!
If you have doubts, simply dont, you'll love DPCalendar.