Spider Calendar supports Joomla! 1.5, Joomla! 1.6, Joomla! 1.7, Joomla! 2.5 and Joomla! 3.0.
• Spider Calendar can be used as a component and as a module as well.
• Spider Calendar allows you to change the colors of the calendar and fit it to the colors of your website.
• Spider Calendar has 5 standard calendars themes included in extension package for the module.
• Spider Calendar has 11 standard calendars themes included in extension package for the component.
• You can set the height and width of the Spider Calendar in the module and in the component as well.
• With a simple click on the date on the Calendar you will see the events and their descriptions recorded for that day.
• Spider Calendar supports events that last more than one day.
• Possibility to set the month and the year initially displayed on the calendar (option to display any particular month instead of the current month on the calendar).
• Possibility to create as many calendars as you need. The design of each calendar is configurable.
• You can show multiple calendars in one page.
-Important : The releases since 2,2 are "Security Release" and those who use the extension in version under 2.2 should upgrade Spider Calendar immediately to the last version!-
• You can create events for each calendar separately.
• Parameter by which you can include a Facebook "like" button in each event of calendar.
• You can change calendar date color, font size and font family in the
• Possibility to change arrow color and background color in the popup in the Spider Calendar.
• Possibility to change popup background color in the Spider Calendar.
• Possibility to define the height and width of the popup in the Spider Calendar.
• Possibility to define the number of displayed events in the popup in the Spider Calendar.
• Possibility to select calendar date style in the popup.
• You can create events in a calendar which will not repeat (and use a single time).
• You can create an event in a calendar and repeat it by any number of days.
• You can create an event in a calendar and weekly repeat it.
• You can create an event in a calendar and monthly repeat it.
• You can create an event in a calendar and yearly repeat it.
• Possibility to choose month display format in the Spider Calendar in component.
• Possibility to chang
When I suggested that the events displayed didn't have an AM/PM time selection, I was surprised to see in implemented in the next upgrade, eventhough the developer indicated that I could have it done for a fee.
Multiple calendars are supported out of the box. You can have one calendar for example teachers and one for students, another for janitors. etc.
There's one minor thing that it doesn't have which is standard with most modules. When saving events it has Save and Save & Close, but it doesn't have a Save & New. That causes an extra step when inputting multiple events to a calendar.
All in all, this is a great calendar.