* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
The module which shows the next 5 events is good on the frontpage as it helps to show that the club is active for the new visitor, and for our members provides a quick access to up comming events. All this on the free bit, I am sure if we need anymore than the basic facilities we will join up for membership.
This should be the 1st add-on installed after installing Joomla!
Despite having less than satisfactory support from other paid products, I rolled the dice and went straight for the commercial version of JEvents.
I have never been happier with the quality of the support from a Joomla Extension.
I sent lists of needs and problems and I received succinct, clear solutions and fair comments as to why the product is configured the way that it is.
Ultimately, I have an phenomenally useful calendar and a few hundred very happy users.
It doesn't get much better than this.
This component is an example of the excellent work done by hundreds of hard working people from every nation. And it shines as an example of how to get things done. Great work!