* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.0 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.8) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Don't suppose anything like that is planned for the future?
Try Jevents 1.5 - it offers far more flexibility in the management of recurring events.
Two items that would help it get an 'excellent' rating in the future:
1. Enable RSS feed abilities e.g. DS-Syndicate can recognise content that feeds into Joomla Categories but because JSEvents has its own Category system, its not recognised for RSS feeds.
2. Enable links within the fields: Location, Contact and Extra Info.
Thanks for a great tool otherwise.
component appears to work well. However if you set up a weekly reccurance and then go back in to edit the details it seems to switch to a daily recurrance!
However this is not a huge issue and it is only an alpha for J1.5
One thing I have noticed (which i don't know if it is a bug or something that I have not done?) is that the Calendar module and the legend module both repeat themselves (i.e. there are 2 calendars appearing instead of the one I was expecting! (will submit this in the bug tracker too when I can log on)
Unfortunatley this component generates erors when an attempt is made to publish an event and nothing gets recorded.
I cannot use this component as it doesnt work properly.