* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
It may work for you, I am not blessed with infinite time or tolerance for poorly written code.
Did you try asking in the JEvents 1.5 forum? Most questions there are answered quickly.
The site has also a lot of documentation (especially for members, which is paid for but it is absolutely worth every 'penny').
There were a couple of queries I had and a number of modifications that I wanted to make, so I posted my questions on the forum. Within a couple of hours, Geraint had replied and given me the answers I needed. HE has been extremely helpful and he should be very proud of the product he supports.
I purchased JCal Pro a few months ago and thought it would suit my requirements but after spending countless hours and many uninstall/reinstalls, I finally gave up. Just the simple fact that you cannot add a custom field to JCal Pro is a major drawback. As for the support....
I would recommend JEvents to anybody who wants a calendar that they want to work the first time without any stress.
JEvents has become one of the few extensions that I install in nearly every site I develop. The only time I do not use JEVents is because my client did not need a calendar. The simple reason is that this extension JUST PLAIN WORKS as intended, right away. No tweaking, no messing around, just install and go.
The administrative user interface is very clean and easy to understand. You will have no trouble setting up a very robust calendar for your site without even reading a support doc. The configuration options are many, but the most standard options are already set, leading to expedites roll-out. An extremely helpful feature is the interface between the core component and the Latest Events and MiniCal Modules. You can set all display defaults for each of these modules in the configuration, making the addition of these modules on different pages very easy to manage. All of the basic display settings are already configured - all you need to do is choose which calendar categories to display. Simple! You can, of course, change the settings at the module end as well, overriding the config defaults. Another win!
While this core extension is free, the meager cost of a subscription with JEvents is absolutely the best money you will spend. The add-ons available to subscribers are extremely powerful and well worth the cost. Please, please support Geraint so that he can continue providing this necessary component!!
Speaking of Geraint, I would like to address support for JEvents. I would be surprised if you could find a more responsive, accurate, or KIND developer of any Joomla extension. At least I have not in 4 years. No matter what idiotic mistake I've made (and I've made my share), Geraint always guided me through a solution without condescension. If you think this is the norm, you have not been around the Joomla community long enough! My queries in the forums are answered so quickly that I am unsure if Geraint even sleeps!!
To sum up, this extension is the best of its kind you will find - PERIOD. The developer is extremely active and committed to this product, and is continually adding new features. Do yourself a huge favor and buy a subscription at the JEvents site. Download, install, and feel the love!!!
It seems like the development is moving ahead at a fast pace and nothing compares to it if you want TOTAL event management from a calendar. I cant find anything better.
With a single click team members can reserve a "seat or position" to attend the training! They can only reserve their own place and only one time. One can see a list of all the other attendees and positions for a specific training and/or team. There is a special "admin" view where an admin can add or remove all team members from a drop down list (regular can't do that, they can only add their own name).
I've search for this solution a long time and with the outstanding help of the head developer of Jevents, it was all done within 3 days! I am still amazed by that..
The developers of this tool have kept it free to download - even after continuing to toil over additional improvements and functionality. My hat's off to this group, and I will join their new club, so that I can get early access to whatever else they're cooking up.