* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
With a single click team members can reserve a "seat or position" to attend the training! They can only reserve their own place and only one time. One can see a list of all the other attendees and positions for a specific training and/or team. There is a special "admin" view where an admin can add or remove all team members from a drop down list (regular can't do that, they can only add their own name).
I've search for this solution a long time and with the outstanding help of the head developer of Jevents, it was all done within 3 days! I am still amazed by that..
The developers of this tool have kept it free to download - even after continuing to toil over additional improvements and functionality. My hat's off to this group, and I will join their new club, so that I can get early access to whatever else they're cooking up.
1) It would be good if there would be tool tip on the calendar module
2) the calendar module should show difeerent colors for defferent event categories. At the moment it defaults to the default color
The calendar module is designed to show if there is an event on a specific day. If there is more than one then it would not be possible to decide which tooltip to show or which category colour to choose.
However, I noticed that there are very limited date format options in the settings. And no one matches our Chinese people's tradition. For example, we want a date format as: %Y 年 %b 月 %d 日。I tried to define such a format in the language file but failed.
Hope the author will add full customization option to date format in next release. Thanks.
Can you raise this point (with a little more detail) in the Jevents 1.5 forum and we'll see what can be done.
One improvement, I reckon, would be to allow the option to choose a different editor to the default (don't know if that's possible) because a complex editor can take up a lot of real estate in the popup window and a lot of people won't really need the full editor functionality for events.