* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.0 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.8) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
This is an excellent event/calendar extension for Joomla! I've tried some others, and they just aren't as comprehensive or flexible.
Easy to install and configure. Thank you and keep up the great work.
EVEN WITH ALL THAT - This is the best free calendar out there! It does everything I want. The color coding on the calendar, and the "Latest events" bot for showing the next events in the side bar was REALLY what the doctor ordered. Unlike some of the other event calendars, you can use images or other content in the event descriptions. Exactly what I wanted.
How they could improve:
The "latest events" display mode could be a tiny bit more intuitive.. I would like to have one field to show how many days in the past separate from how many days in the future. For example to show 30 days in the past but 90 days in the future.
The greatest disadvantages for me are:
1. Usability - very difficult to explain to average internet users how to administer the calendar.
2. (the bigger one for me personally) - Unable to delete single occurances of repeating events. My palm did this 8 years ago, I created a PHPNuke Calendar 6 years ago that did this, why can't I find a Joomla calendar that does?
If a group has an event every Wednesday, and it is cancelled on week, you cannot delete that week's event. You have to end the repeating event the week before, and start a new copy of the exact same event to start repeating again the week after.
For now, looks like I'm just switching to the embedded google calendar for Joomla.
This component also works excellent with Joomla Fish.
So as a conclusion can I say that my respect for those how built the component is very high. Many thanks
Extremely easy install, nice clean configuration and allows no end of configuration without hacking any code or fudging something else to make it work.
I can seriously recommend this Calendar for Joomla.
Simply the best yet.
Thanks for making my life that bit easier.
1) Drop down lists in the backend for each entry, this would make multiple entries for the same location much better. For example, if you could select a location from the list and it would autopopulate address info, phone number, etc..
2) Support for custom display on Component page. Right now you are limited to displaying the title of the event and the category of the event on the component page, there is no way to add other categories (like location, contact info, etc.) to the list.
Other than those two issues I have no complaints. It has good support for repeating events, which is really nice, and you can change the way it looks through css.
Thank you, and I look forward to updates!