* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
1) It would be good if there would be tool tip on the calendar module
2) the calendar module should show difeerent colors for defferent event categories. At the moment it defaults to the default color
The calendar module is designed to show if there is an event on a specific day. If there is more than one then it would not be possible to decide which tooltip to show or which category colour to choose.
However, I noticed that there are very limited date format options in the settings. And no one matches our Chinese people's tradition. For example, we want a date format as: %Y 年 %b 月 %d 日。I tried to define such a format in the language file but failed.
Hope the author will add full customization option to date format in next release. Thanks.
Can you raise this point (with a little more detail) in the Jevents 1.5 forum and we'll see what can be done.
One improvement, I reckon, would be to allow the option to choose a different editor to the default (don't know if that's possible) because a complex editor can take up a lot of real estate in the popup window and a lot of people won't really need the full editor functionality for events.
Google maps and geocoding is built into an addon that is available for JEvents. You can see this in action in the JEvents demo (see http://www.jevents.net/en/demo/all-events-150/icalrepeat.detail/2009/07/15/36306/-/MGJlZThhODBmMjA4NDY2MWE4NDdlNzI2YzJlN2M1NmY= for an example)
If you manage to be to allow integration with clients such as thunderbird (ical/caldav) it would make it almos perfect.
Not to thrilled about the templates and the categories, but all in all is great work.
I'm not sure I understand what your problem is about the iCal import functionality. Did you ask about this in the JEvents Forum?
The extension was easy to install and use, navigation excellent and overall performance fantastic! Thanks for making it free guys!