* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 2.2.7 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 1.5-2.5 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (1.5.6) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
JEvents 3.0 (compatible with Joomla 2.5 and 3.0) is now available for testing - see link on homepage of JEvents.net
- Lots (LOTS) of features
- Powerful event creation
- Robust. It does the job smoothly
- Look and feel could be better
- There are simplier solutions to help your users create events
- Lacks google maps integration
Thanks to the authors for this extension!
Lots of customization options, including its own CSS! That's impressive. A disappointing selection of attribute values though... odd non-neutral colors and a calendar that doesn't stretch to width.
Category management is sort of confusing, since it uses its own categories a user can get confused with jooma categories.
This would be a great component if it allowed frontend content manipulation.
Overall this calendar extension is better than all the others I've seen.
The look out of the box is terrible. The color scheme needs improvement.
The calendar is also missing many useful features. one feature it is missing is the ability to repeat events based on "x' number of days. ie. Repeat an event evey 3 days, 10, days or what ever variable you select. This would give the repeat events more flexibility.
Also some features like ical would be nice. Great work.
I got the colors looking better by editing the css file but had trouble positioning the main month calendar and getting it to expand 100% across the page.
If it looked at least decent I would have given it 5 stars.
If you're good at messing with css and other files that affect positioning, you should try it out.
I held a website of a dog club and frequently organize functions for our club members. JEvents allows members to see all our events and Attend Event make it possible for members to join our activities by submitting all customised information I need. This combination is much better than Akoreservation. Highly recommended.
With a little work, you can customize the color schemes of the modules and components to match your website, and you'll have a great calendar!
I will always watch this canlendar work.
1. When add an event which happenes weekly or monthly, I can not define the end time. What is available is the end date.
2. Is it possible to add a new feature that the registered user can join the event which has upper limit number of attendees?
- Option to turn off WYSIWYG and have a plain text version.
- Ability to save venues for future selection.
- A specific entry for venue websites under extra.
- Option to turn off images.
- Ability to end an event at Midnight, without carrying the event over to the next day. An override that plugs in the word 'Midnight' perhaps?
- An available list view of the events from the current day forward. With the option of hiding events that repeat.
- Ability to copy an existing event, and then edit it as a completely separate event. A real time saver.
- An option to flag an event as featured, so that featured events get preferential listing under latest events.
good calendars are hard to find - this one is great
Great work with the search bot - makes it easier 4 sure.
1 gripe - doesn't work well with standard SEF enabled - Nor with open-SEF - redirects crash. Unable to run both Events and SEF + be able to edit from the front end successfully.
I will be looking out for your updates - Keep up the grand work!
There are no known problems with the Joomla builtin SEF - try out the demo site.
If you are having other problems please report them using the tracker (link above) and we'll see if we can help..
Also my client was annoyed that the events in the admin area were not sorted by date, so I fixed that as well.
But generally this is a high quality product. Nice displays. Esay to use.
But still. I haven't found any better component, so I live with the limts.