* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
This component is not documented or supported in any acceptable way, and unless you have a few days to fugure it out I suggest you stay away. Far away.
You must be trying the wrong forum - the jevents 1.5 forum (http://www.jevents.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=17) is not locked and is very active.
We've been using JEvents in native 1.5 mode for awhile now and it is working fine. Thanks for the great calendar program. Integrates very nicely with Mozilla Sunbird ics calendar files! This is a big plus - now our client calendars and web calendars are easily synched!
Posts to the support forum (me and another chap having the same errors) go unanswered.
Tried the new 1.5 version and it is broken too.
I wasted far too much time trying to get this working.
1. it only runs in legacy mode
2. Repeating events cannot have exceptions
3. the instructions aren't great
I do need to say this that this extension is FREE and VERY powerful. I love that I can alter the colors and images, I wish it was a little easier, but that's okay. I had to pull it from one site only because of the problem of not being able to have exceptions in recurring events....that's IT. The client was freaking out about that. So, I am hoping this is addressed in the next release, and thank you, thank you for all your hard work.
Then I upgraded my site to joomla 1.5.8. Jevent never worked. I definately is not running in native mode as the button suggests.
Requests for help, in the forums went unanswered. So, I gave up and moved to jcal, and never looked back. I have better things to do than try and get a simple calendar working.
This is a _G_R_E_A_T_ extension.
I'm still using the "compatible" version for Joomla 1.5 (llegacy mode) and I'm looking forward the next release. I could have a glance at it... and I WANT IT. unfortunately I do not have a test site, just on_roductions sites. but if I could help in any way, please let me know !
First off, out of the box, everything installs quickly and it's Joomla 1.5 Native Ready!!! Big Plus these days...
Getting around in the new layout takes a few seconds, and you wind up with a few "what is this for?" thoughts, but as soon as you play, you have this thing figured out quickly and easilly...
Not sure what the other complaints about it is, as you can configure just about every aspect of this now, and it's pretty easy to do so. (Granted, having some CSS knowledge helps in making it look the way you want it to, but then again - you can't please everyone Hasslehoff!)
I highly recommend this to those looking for a fast and simple calendar system for their site... it covers just about all the bases... have a few suggestions for features, but this neither the time nor the site to post that...
Kudos Guys! Keep up the great work!
I strongly suggest that someone give this thing a new look...something more corporate or professional...to give it the boost it deserves. It would also be a great idea to provide a "skin pack" with the component which consists of a variety of stylesheets and graphic elements.
Have you looked at version 1.5 recently - see the demo at www.jevents.net or try out the alpha3 version (http://www.jevents.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1154&p=3083#p3083).
What are you supposed to download? At least give us a clue guys? You have to go here and then there and than back to here and then your presented to a list of files which mean nothing using you work for M15!
To say that I am frustrated with trying to get the necessary files (I didn’t even get to the installation stage).
So unless you like a challenge, I would suggest going for another Event extension that actually has all the files in the same place, or at least, tells you which files to download without have alpha/beta/1.01RC etc.
In addition besides the monthly view, no other view actually worked. The browser error was always the same "the request is being done in such a way that it will never complete". There were search indexing problems, sef problems and events problems. In addition there was absolutely no support at the developer's forum, as anyone can see with a simple visit.
I had to uninstall it and chose JCal instead which actually works. What a waste of time...
Together with the existing features of links to articles and other things, this is on a very good way for becoming again an important extension for J! 1.5 - go on this way. Thanks for the hard work.
However, be cautious if you're not a confident self-hacker. There are unanswered requests for help on their support forum which are more than a month old.
Again, this is a great component but you need to be in a position to solve your own problems should they arise.
What I like in Jevents:
- The event creator's username appears (which was not an option in Event List!) and it links to his email, but I have made a modification and now it links to cb profile!
- Adding an event is much more easier and simple (it was more complicated in EventList, also the venues people adds in EventList can be used by other persons when adding an event!!).
- I could easily integrate it with jComments after adding some code. (note: EventList was already integrated with jComments)
- Very easy to customize.