* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
Yes, it's very robust. And more mature than some others. But the UI is antiquated at best. My users all agreed: it's ugly. And none of them could figure out how to use it very well.
And I know the devs have been spending a lot of time just bringing it up to 1.5 Native. But 1.5 is not new. Other calendar/event extensions are moving way beyond such hurdles.
Otherwise works well and its the only extension we could find that still works on 1.0.
Good luck, would be nice to see some big improvements
On the down side, customization isn't very straightforward in some cases. Also, the repeating events functionality is a bit quirky.
All in all, however, this is an outstanding extension. Support through the forum is fantastic, and all of my questions have been answered quickly and thoroughly.
The issues I listed above are minor, and I expect they'll be resolved in future releases (development is active at the moment). Congrats to the developer for a great extension!
I thinks that some small enhancement will increase Jevents usability:
- For event edition/add in frontend, define which calendar to use in back-end (no more selection in the front end if used)
- For event edition/add in frontend, get in account the list of category defined in back end when displaying a full calendar
I also tried to translate Jevents in french, but some label seem missing in the english file (for repeating event). When the final version will be released, I could translate the language file in French for you.
Thanks a lot for your extension
Never had so many problems with a component. It's amazing how such a high ranking component can have such a poor support for non developers.
Installed : OK
But configuration is a disaster! No way to show events on front page and I've tried everything. "Not user friendly".
J.Events might be a great software but isn't intuitive at all, this should require some documentation.
Tried the forum but entire help and support forum IS Locked and everyone with the problem I have hadn't had any reply.
Otherwise, goodluck JEVENT!
The forum is NOT locked - See http://www.jevents.net/forum/
This component is not documented or supported in any acceptable way, and unless you have a few days to fugure it out I suggest you stay away. Far away.
You must be trying the wrong forum - the jevents 1.5 forum (http://www.jevents.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=17) is not locked and is very active.
We've been using JEvents in native 1.5 mode for awhile now and it is working fine. Thanks for the great calendar program. Integrates very nicely with Mozilla Sunbird ics calendar files! This is a big plus - now our client calendars and web calendars are easily synched!
Posts to the support forum (me and another chap having the same errors) go unanswered.
Tried the new 1.5 version and it is broken too.
I wasted far too much time trying to get this working.
1. it only runs in legacy mode
2. Repeating events cannot have exceptions
3. the instructions aren't great
I do need to say this that this extension is FREE and VERY powerful. I love that I can alter the colors and images, I wish it was a little easier, but that's okay. I had to pull it from one site only because of the problem of not being able to have exceptions in recurring events....that's IT. The client was freaking out about that. So, I am hoping this is addressed in the next release, and thank you, thank you for all your hard work.
Then I upgraded my site to joomla 1.5.8. Jevent never worked. I definately is not running in native mode as the button suggests.
Requests for help, in the forums went unanswered. So, I gave up and moved to jcal, and never looked back. I have better things to do than try and get a simple calendar working.
This is a _G_R_E_A_T_ extension.
I'm still using the "compatible" version for Joomla 1.5 (llegacy mode) and I'm looking forward the next release. I could have a glance at it... and I WANT IT. unfortunately I do not have a test site, just on_roductions sites. but if I could help in any way, please let me know !