* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.8) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Simple to install and set up, easy to configure and set categories. The one draw back is the need for iCal to make repeating events. When I tried to set on up there was no table in my database for it, and I'm unable to find the iCal that works with this. (I'm still looking for it, though.)
I'd recommend this to people that need to list events, with the suggestion that they find the iCal first, or be ready to input repeating events multiple times.
Did you follow the installation guidelines for 1.5 at http://www.jevents.net/content/view/32/5/lang,en_GB/
This will create the necessary tables for you.
When scheduling an event the repeating part only lets you specify repeating events if you have the start and end dates of the event span multi-day.
This results in the events showing up in the caledar as multi-day events even though they are only an hour long.
It also doesn't provide for true multi-day events that repeat (e.g. a 3 day event that happens every month.
It is trying to provide repeating capability with too little controls.
It should have controls for how long the event is and separate controls for how often the event repeats and for how long the repetition occurs (# of repeats or start and end dates for repeats).
JEvents 1.5 enables you to do all this and more.
Don't suppose anything like that is planned for the future?
Try Jevents 1.5 - it offers far more flexibility in the management of recurring events.
Two items that would help it get an 'excellent' rating in the future:
1. Enable RSS feed abilities e.g. DS-Syndicate can recognise content that feeds into Joomla Categories but because JSEvents has its own Category system, its not recognised for RSS feeds.
2. Enable links within the fields: Location, Contact and Extra Info.
Thanks for a great tool otherwise.
component appears to work well. However if you set up a weekly reccurance and then go back in to edit the details it seems to switch to a daily recurrance!
However this is not a huge issue and it is only an alpha for J1.5
One thing I have noticed (which i don't know if it is a bug or something that I have not done?) is that the Calendar module and the legend module both repeat themselves (i.e. there are 2 calendars appearing instead of the one I was expecting! (will submit this in the bug tracker too when I can log on)
Unfortunatley this component generates erors when an attempt is made to publish an event and nothing gets recorded.
I cannot use this component as it doesnt work properly.