* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
In addition besides the monthly view, no other view actually worked. The browser error was always the same "the request is being done in such a way that it will never complete". There were search indexing problems, sef problems and events problems. In addition there was absolutely no support at the developer's forum, as anyone can see with a simple visit.
I had to uninstall it and chose JCal instead which actually works. What a waste of time...
Together with the existing features of links to articles and other things, this is on a very good way for becoming again an important extension for J! 1.5 - go on this way. Thanks for the hard work.
However, be cautious if you're not a confident self-hacker. There are unanswered requests for help on their support forum which are more than a month old.
Again, this is a great component but you need to be in a position to solve your own problems should they arise.
What I like in Jevents:
- The event creator's username appears (which was not an option in Event List!) and it links to his email, but I have made a modification and now it links to cb profile!
- Adding an event is much more easier and simple (it was more complicated in EventList, also the venues people adds in EventList can be used by other persons when adding an event!!).
- I could easily integrate it with jComments after adding some code. (note: EventList was already integrated with jComments)
- Very easy to customize.
After that it works awesome. I was able to change the output of the latest mod and I was able to do everything that it advertised. I would say that this is the best Calendar component out there for Joomla 1.5.
It is Jevents 1.5 that is Joomla 1.5 native. This version is currently in alpha release.
A breeze to use.
It would be handy if there could be a notification function / reminder function built in to the events, that could automatically be sent to subscribed users.
All in all simple software that works.
I've just installed 1.5alpha2 on a J1.5.6 site and it didn't work. I then read the installation instructions and lo-and-behold, it seems to be working fine! I do hope development on this continues; expect a donation when my next production site is complete :)
1. Install the component as a normal Joomla 1.5 component.
2. After installation change the config to replace the admin email address
3. You must then click the following links in the 'Development' tab in the JEvents control panel in order (VERY IMPORTANT)
1. Migrate admin menus and update databases (this will make sure your tables are up to date - the sql in the xml install file is more difficult to maintain during development and is therefore out of date!)
2. Migrate All Events to IcalEvents (this will copy all your existing events into the new format, if you have any - without removing them)
4. You MUST create at least one category before doing anything else
Up till now, I've loved this component. Have used it on our entertainment news website for our city, and one of the big advantages was allowing users to be able to add events to the calendar for approval.
Previously, users could upload their images by simply uploading a file via a Submit button. However, when we recently upgraded to the new version of this component, it defaults to a WYSIWYG editor.
And, the problem arises.
It came to our attention from one of our members that when they tried to upload their picture, they are actually using the same editor that we use on the backend, and they are able to directly access ALL of our website's image files with full editing capabilities.
All it would take is for one idiot to access our Media manager via this Calender and delete every single one of our images!
I've written to the developer's forum with no response, as of yet. However, based on comments from other users with this same dilemma, the developer states clearly they do not have any plans whatsoever to address this issue. And, all I can say is, "WHAT???"
To me, this is a HUGE security issue! Sure, we can remove the ability for users to Add Events to the calendar, but that completely defeats the purpose of why we liked this calendar till now.
Again, I used to love this component, but this security issue (and the apparent lack of concern from the developer) has led me to start looking for another option. I hope something gets done about this from the developer's side, because I can't believe they'd leave this issue unresolved.
Don't let the developers website confuse you, it is a demo and nothing else. His site is difficult to navigate and not the best selling tool in the world. Nevertheless his product deserves a mention from me as being highly recommended.
I was using the alpha product so keep working I would love this extension to work