* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
Unfortunatley this component generates erors when an attempt is made to publish an event and nothing gets recorded.
I cannot use this component as it doesnt work properly.
For my money this is the best of the bunch of the event management modules. The main issue that I have with it is that it does not function with SEO enabled.
The backend works fine with SEO, but it is impossible to save from the front end with SEO enabled (save button does nothing).
Turn off SEO and front end submissions work fine.
This is an excellent event/calendar extension for Joomla! I've tried some others, and they just aren't as comprehensive or flexible.
Easy to install and configure. Thank you and keep up the great work.
EVEN WITH ALL THAT - This is the best free calendar out there! It does everything I want. The color coding on the calendar, and the "Latest events" bot for showing the next events in the side bar was REALLY what the doctor ordered. Unlike some of the other event calendars, you can use images or other content in the event descriptions. Exactly what I wanted.
How they could improve:
The "latest events" display mode could be a tiny bit more intuitive.. I would like to have one field to show how many days in the past separate from how many days in the future. For example to show 30 days in the past but 90 days in the future.