* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
What impressed me the most is how responsive Geraint and the the team were to incorporate suggestions and develop new features so we are really getting close to have all the functionalities we want which are rather complex.
This extension is easy to use.
i ask for support for a problem of setup and i get anwser in less than 24hours and i get the solution. Very good relation from the support. I recommend this extension
The past few years I've been using the paid version, so I can offer my clients events subscription and all the other good stuff. It's well worth it!
The backend gives you endless options to configure and I am very happy with that because I'll avoid coding at any cost ;-)
The one thing that could be improved I guess are the themes, but with a bit of styling that's easy to fix.
I was ashamed to see I hadn't reviewed it yet; it deserves better, so I'll remedie that now :-)
Thanks guys and keep up the good work!
The software-developement, however, is a bit, let’s say: maverick. I mean, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, but the following aspects are huge drawbacks, when you want to customize the component:
* Heavy use of inline-CSS instead of offering a decent class system. It’s a pain to customize the standard-themes
* Not-native admin interface (in the backend.)
* Poor rights management: Support for the native usergroups is lacking at all. This approach is very confusing – in the end you have a completely separated and thus redundant rights structure.
* It’s a huge effort to unravel their file structure and naming conventions (e.g. for creating an override).
Like I said: for a free extension all this is fairly okay! – But I would not be willing to pay anything for this.
* We are constantly reducing our inline CSS and try only to use it for things like event specific colours. We are always open to suggestions in the support forums to add helpful CSS class and id selectors.
* We use the standard Joomla backend interface
* We offer full Joomla ACL support with an optional ability to manage permissions on a user by user basis if you prefer
* We use the Joomla MVC system for our presentation but with the ability to switch themes - so standard Joomla template overrides work. Because of the ability to switch themes there is one extra folder name in the template override path - we have free documentation articles that explain this and are always happy to answer questions in the support forum.
Thanks to the developers for their great work and support,always with a very rapid and effective response to each question or suggestion that sent to them.
The fact that I am using jEvents free version (over one I've paid for) speaks volumes for jEvents.
I just love the fact that I can tailor the output/layout/format to suit my site - and if/when I get stuck the support is second to none!
5 star product :-)
The support is friendly and quick, they really strive to solve whatever problem concerning jevents.
There are some very useful addons like "Managed Locations", the "Standard Image & File Uploads", some social features an other goodies which are not included in the free version. That's the reason why I subscribed and I don't regret it. But even in the free version, jevents works very well.
The layout / design... well, it is not quite up to date and need some "aesthetic corrections" which can be done by working directly within the style-sheets or by using the layout settings manager. That means if you want to adapt the design, it is better to know some css and to have some time to spare. ;-)
Jevents might not have the coolest design, but it is highly customizable and - apart from the excellent support - that is the reason, why I strongly recommend this extension.
They really deserve those 5 stars!
one (small)minor point. Maybe you can make europian likeable. by creating a 24h clock instaed of am and pm. And not the 12h checkbox.
But stil EXCELLENT (in capitals)
There are configuration options to choose 12h/24h time input and also for the display of times to site visitors.
Please follow up in the support forum at www.jevents.net/forum if you'd like assistance on how to configure this.
I'm very sorry to hear of your problems registering in our support forum. We are looking into the issue to see what may have been the issue.
We did have a problem on a couple of days last week with spammers/hackers hitting our site so hard that it became almost unresponsive - I wonder if this is when you encountered these problems.
Definitely encourage anyone looking for an events management extension to check this one out.