* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
I will always watch this canlendar work.
1. When add an event which happenes weekly or monthly, I can not define the end time. What is available is the end date.
2. Is it possible to add a new feature that the registered user can join the event which has upper limit number of attendees?
- Option to turn off WYSIWYG and have a plain text version.
- Ability to save venues for future selection.
- A specific entry for venue websites under extra.
- Option to turn off images.
- Ability to end an event at Midnight, without carrying the event over to the next day. An override that plugs in the word 'Midnight' perhaps?
- An available list view of the events from the current day forward. With the option of hiding events that repeat.
- Ability to copy an existing event, and then edit it as a completely separate event. A real time saver.
- An option to flag an event as featured, so that featured events get preferential listing under latest events.
good calendars are hard to find - this one is great
Great work with the search bot - makes it easier 4 sure.
1 gripe - doesn't work well with standard SEF enabled - Nor with open-SEF - redirects crash. Unable to run both Events and SEF + be able to edit from the front end successfully.
I will be looking out for your updates - Keep up the grand work!
There are no known problems with the Joomla builtin SEF - try out the demo site.
If you are having other problems please report them using the tracker (link above) and we'll see if we can help..
Also my client was annoyed that the events in the admin area were not sorted by date, so I fixed that as well.
But generally this is a high quality product. Nice displays. Esay to use.
But still. I haven't found any better component, so I live with the limts.
One other thing I'd like to see is the ability to make the frontpage calendar module have it's own ministylesheet. I'm using the NightMoves template by PixelBunniP and the background for the modules is by default transparent, resulting in an unreadable calendar module. Looking at the Events Style, I see no option to edit this, and doing a flat "all modules have this background" looks odd.
All in all, I highly suggest this module to anyone looking for a simple and easy to use calendar for their group.
I love the easy style sheet editing too.
This is my new calendar of choice!!
But, two bugs keep me from choosing it right now for production:
1. Repeated events don't display on calendar, only the first instance.
2. In the backend, when editing an event, all events revert to "daily" repeating, with no other option selectable, so you have to use front end to edit events.
Fix these bugs and I'm on this calendar!!
I also notice that when opening an event in the backend, the dates get switched to "daily" and the option to select anything but "daily" is greyed out.
When I change the option to 'Select by Month' or to 'Select by day' or any other item in all the selection boxes, the home page displays. If I disable 'Open SEF' URLs, then it works fine.
more info(in german):
Also in this new version: for the first time you can suspend regular events on single days without having the hassle of ending the publication for one event and creating another to cover the time after the day of the suspended event!