* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
The product is free, the service costs a little but is worth every penny.
Currently we are using the modules “Latest Events” and “Calendar” and the menu item types “View by Month” and “Date range”. Registered users are allowed to download the calendar via the menu item type “ICal Export” into .ics-files.
The calendar is maintained by several users using the menu item type “Create JEvents”. Access is granted with different authorisation levels steered via user groups and categories.
JEvents integrates seamlessly with the TinyMCE-Editor. All of the automatic updates worked flawlessly. The language support for the German language is brilliant.
Finally JEvents comes with a lively forum where our questions were answered within a day often even quicker.
Great Job to the Jevents People!
Looking forward to using the calendar and learning more! :)
JEvents is quite large, and complex because it offers an enormous amout of features.
And every task is a lot of fun when you know there is a support team like the guys at JEvent. They offer to the point, pragmatic and clear support on any qustion you may ever have about the product.
JED stops at 5 stars, but this component deserve it twice, 5 for the product and 5 for their support team!
Some are prettier, and some integrate differently, but none have the support behind the extension that JEvents does. From Geraint the founder to Tony in support, I can always get a timley and clear answer to my inquiry. And better, they'll often help you with your modules to get things to display correctly.
If you're considering a calendar extension for your site, we manage over 600 events a month and have never had a MySQL slow down ever. JEvents has never bombed or produced anything but the expected results.
Invest in your site(s) with JEvents and you will be happy after the install, that you did.