* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
JEvents is quite large, and complex because it offers an enormous amout of features.
And every task is a lot of fun when you know there is a support team like the guys at JEvent. They offer to the point, pragmatic and clear support on any qustion you may ever have about the product.
JED stops at 5 stars, but this component deserve it twice, 5 for the product and 5 for their support team!
Some are prettier, and some integrate differently, but none have the support behind the extension that JEvents does. From Geraint the founder to Tony in support, I can always get a timley and clear answer to my inquiry. And better, they'll often help you with your modules to get things to display correctly.
If you're considering a calendar extension for your site, we manage over 600 events a month and have never had a MySQL slow down ever. JEvents has never bombed or produced anything but the expected results.
Invest in your site(s) with JEvents and you will be happy after the install, that you did.
- good choice of menu item types to display the events list
- good support for front-end events admin
- custom layout settings for individual event displays
- I found a minor bug, reported it on the forum, the JEvents team was supportive and helpful
This extension is alive with active development - well done to the JEvents team - I recommend this extension!
If you want some advanced parameters, like list of events base on location, maps view only, or events by monthes whatever the year, it is very difficult to find the adjusments for a non-developper user.
I lost 1 day trying to find the good options, but impossible to find the good one.
Support is very kind, but only in english, and you have not example to help you. Only technical responses, not made for usual users who are not developpers...
I am not conviced, sorry. Using a CMS is made for people who are not developpers, but such components forgot this point. It seam's that Jevents is one of them...
Its always difficult to balance ease of use with the ability to customise and configure a lot of options.
I'm sorry you found the process confusing.
The application is highly customizable and feature rich. High degree of integration with well known social networking platforms and other complimentary extensions.
Did I mention the support. For those us who have been burnt by awful support, this is a major blessing.
All the best
In terms of functions, the complete set of modules and extensions is very rich. (one possible point of improvement would be on the documentation aspect of the various modules due to the richness, may be under a wiki format?, but the support is very helpful on that aspect).
My next exploratory step is to look how to include a complete new template to some modules (but there already are the "custom css" and the "custom layouts" options which are included into the jevents component and which also palliate possible conflicting css between the template of your site and the integration of the component).
2) incredibly nimble component. Jevents can seriously do anything you want it to. (with help from the developer). if you are doing ANYTHING with events for your site, use this component. it is incredible.
3) wow wow wow. all developers should take notes from the jevents developer.
Then I found JEvents! it's truely amazing. Initially used the free component, the custom css allows me to customise it nicely and had it blended into my site. The client wanted to allow registrations to the Event which when I checked the JEvents site I saw they do RSVP Pro, which made me buy Gold and boy was it worth it! Client was so happy with the functionality. And when I asked for a few tweaks / improvements in the forum they were answered within hours. Other components need to take ideas from these guys!
As a programming newb, but experienced Joomla user, i relied on support to help me customize the layout, as well as correctly install the new automatic update function. I was missing a function, which was luckily included in the new update.
When it comes to functionality, i am impressed with the customizability as well as ease of use. I didnt encounter any bugs, which usually happens with other extensions. For me anyway :)
Supportwise, i learned a couple of new tricks just by reading the excellent paid documentation, as well as in the free forums. Also, i received personal assistance from the support team, which is responsive and willing to help.