* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.0 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.8) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
I have looked everywhere on the site, but there is no place to contact/interact before buying membership packages. This is the last resort.
I am planning to use Jevents and the addons offered in Gold membership package for an upcoming project. The site is based on Joomla 1.7, and therefore, I need to use Jevents v.2. To that end, I have the following questions:
1. Is it true that Jevents 1.5.5g does not work with J1.6.6+? Based on personal experience, I kept getting errors with installation on J1.6.6 until I tried version 2 which worked.
2. when do you expect the stable version of 2 to be released?
3. Specifically which of the addons currently work with Version 2?
JEvents itself gives you a powerful Events component right out the box. The best thing about JEvents is that you can customize every single thing.
Another great thing is that JEvents team listen to your requests.
Last but not least, they have documentation :D
Very proud about JEvents and the result.
It allows you to manage different kinds of events with lots of functions and option that can be used.
Full support for iCal and possibility to repeat events based on times or number of repeat times.
With some other plugins you can have on your site, a minicalendar, an upcoming events module and possibility to personalize the colore/layouts of single events.
A must have for anyone wants to have events and anniversary showed on the site.
I use it for upcoming events and for some type of anniversary on mysite, and was very simple to organize single categories, colors, layouts and othe format to obtain all I need.
Another important thing. The support is really smart, fast and will help you until you have solved your issue.
Geriant the developer provides over the top support of this product. He personally visited my website to determine some issues.
The only downside is being so configurable and having so many options, not many of them are documented.
Setting it all up the first time is pretty straight forward, customising the layouts needs a bit of effort from you to understand exactly how to bring it all together, but still simple.
I ran into some problems with my latest site (partially my fault, as well as coding issues), and this is the first time I needed more direction than I could find in the documentation/forums.
The response from Geraint (Developer) was right on, very quick to respond, and incredibly helpful. The service and product is first class.
If you want a simple event calendar, and/or the potential to grow into a full blown sales/reservation system then Jevents is the way to go.
The component itself is fine, powerful and with plenty features, I'd say its ease of use is 4 of 5 stars but support is definitively out of scale, 10 of 5!!!
If you go to their site for help, they'll make you purchase a membership before they tell you a fix or work around. This sounds like a scam. Either fix the issue or state the product as commercial.
Viewing the empty calendar worked fine.
But when it came time to add an event i got jeventsfilter not defined error... and the product is useless....
I tried to get support by registering on the website, but website registration doesnt work either. Plus they are SO worried about spam that you cant contact them via simple web form.
You will see during registration that you have to answer 3 different captchas.
Sorry to hear of your difficulties with registering for the support forum. If you try again and double check your spam folder for your forum confirmation email, I'm sure we would resolve your problem very quickly.
Only thing is that the module for front page seems to create a database error and crashes the page.
As we established in the support forum - your problem arose because your webserver is running a very old version of MySQL (4.0.27 which is >4.5 years old).