* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
2) incredibly nimble component. Jevents can seriously do anything you want it to. (with help from the developer). if you are doing ANYTHING with events for your site, use this component. it is incredible.
3) wow wow wow. all developers should take notes from the jevents developer.
Then I found JEvents! it's truely amazing. Initially used the free component, the custom css allows me to customise it nicely and had it blended into my site. The client wanted to allow registrations to the Event which when I checked the JEvents site I saw they do RSVP Pro, which made me buy Gold and boy was it worth it! Client was so happy with the functionality. And when I asked for a few tweaks / improvements in the forum they were answered within hours. Other components need to take ideas from these guys!
As a programming newb, but experienced Joomla user, i relied on support to help me customize the layout, as well as correctly install the new automatic update function. I was missing a function, which was luckily included in the new update.
When it comes to functionality, i am impressed with the customizability as well as ease of use. I didnt encounter any bugs, which usually happens with other extensions. For me anyway :)
Supportwise, i learned a couple of new tricks just by reading the excellent paid documentation, as well as in the free forums. Also, i received personal assistance from the support team, which is responsive and willing to help.
And we have today not find out all the settings what jevents can do for us ;-)
it is for us the best extension.