* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
And we have today not find out all the settings what jevents can do for us ;-)
it is for us the best extension.
After all, my Web site is running smooth with jEvents configured for 20 cities and 20 event categories and around 50+ events per day (and adding!).
I can only recommend jEvents to anyone in need for a good configurable calender.
The extension is extremely stable, very powerful and has many great features that make it function with any event you may need it for. Great Job and thanks for all your help the past year!
Support is available for non-club members but answers appear to be mostly plugs to subscribe to the club. After years of developing free add-ons/extensions for several open-source forum products, I guess I personally just hate to see someone trying to make a buck off the labor of those who created the core open-source product. A bit like carpet-baggers moving in after gold has been discovered.
Using the latest version for Joomla 2.5 & up... I noticed many irregularities and missing items in the admin interface that I would expect to be functioning in a commercial product. Minor things, but still annoying.
They may call this a free product... but be aware that it is "cripple ware" that likely will not meet your needs... which you will not discover until investing hours on trying to figure it out.
JEvents is a free and open source addon for Joomla that offers:
* complex repeat patterns and exception handling,
* many menu types for displaying your events,
* mini-calendar module,
* latest events module (with a large number of documented config options),
* 4 built themes,
* full Joomla MVC which makes it possible to customise the output
I'm not sure many people would describe these features as basic and it meets the needs of the vast majority of sites without any addons and maybe only some basic CSS tweaks to deal with site template specific issues.
We provide fast support in the free access forums.
Its a pity you didn't ask your support question in our support forum as we could have resolved this issue for you.
JEvents enables you to create complex repeat patterns and exceptions to these repeats, you can delete single repeats or all repeats following a specified repeat. You can also change the date, time, description etc. of any single repeat.