* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
Well done guys :)
Moreover I appreciate the outstanding support by the developer in helping me to implement the brand new version of JEvents for Joomla 3.0. Quick, friendly and VERY competent. Commendable!
Many thanks to Geraint & Team for this great work!
I've used it in several ways on a few different sites and am impressed as I learn more of its features each time.
Support has been great as well, the community forum is active and responsive to suggestions and issues, with frequent updates to their downloads.
I gave it 4 stars because little more work could be done on back-end UX but do not be mistaken this is a great calendar component and I highly recommend it!
The backend configuration could use a little clean up and organization, but for something that is free it is really superb and a great pice of work.
It is built properly allowing language & template overrides to be easily done!
I need the front page summary public but the detailed body page secure.
Hi Bob - there is a JEvents Club member addon that allows you to have the title/time of an event public but the details hidden from unlogged in users.
It can be updated from front and back and is easy to use for website visitors and registered users.
The modules for displaying events on other pages are very simple and easy to configure and fit nicely into the theme of my sites.
Suggestion would be to add an option to automatically re-size the mini calendar without actually having to modify the CSS file. Otherwise, it's a great addition to my site. Thanks to the developersdevelopers
Auto resizing the mini-calendar is not that easy given the huge variety of style settings from template providers. But it would be possible to set a config option where you enter the size you want in the module parameters.
We'll look into it - thanks for the suggestion.
Where I have requested additional little features, they have been forthcoming and worked first time!
Whilst I have used another events extension, which was also good, my future is with JEvents.
Well done Geraint!