* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.8) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
If you go to their site for help, they'll make you purchase a membership before they tell you a fix or work around. This sounds like a scam. Either fix the issue or state the product as commercial.
Viewing the empty calendar worked fine.
But when it came time to add an event i got jeventsfilter not defined error... and the product is useless....
I tried to get support by registering on the website, but website registration doesnt work either. Plus they are SO worried about spam that you cant contact them via simple web form.
You will see during registration that you have to answer 3 different captchas.
Sorry to hear of your difficulties with registering for the support forum. If you try again and double check your spam folder for your forum confirmation email, I'm sure we would resolve your problem very quickly.
Only thing is that the module for front page seems to create a database error and crashes the page.
As we established in the support forum - your problem arose because your webserver is running a very old version of MySQL (4.0.27 which is >4.5 years old).
I have purchased the Silver subscription to gain the extra features I want, but the core is free and I was able to see if it fitted my requirements before shelling out money. Highly recommended
I had a rather specific function request, discussed it with the developers on the free forum where they gave me help and then when I upgraded to being a club member they made the edits for me, I'm genuinely gobsmacked at such fantastic support.
I'm currently trying to wedge JEvents it into every site I build because it's such a joy to use. Easily the best calendar and events component out there.