* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.8) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
My only problem was the first time I had installation issues, the support page told me to download and use the .TAR.GZ version of the file. A link to such a version would have been nice. Instead I had to download and install a packing program so *I* could create a .TAR.GZ version. I have no issues per se, however the language of the support page was very misleading since it implied that I could just download the packed file instead of having to unzip and re-pack all the files.
Thanks for the happy customers!
I basically needed a calendar which I could add events for over 50 companies. The issue I had is that I needed to be able to show a calendar on each companies page that would only show their events. JEvents (add on product needed I think) allowed me to create tags which allows me, when I create a new calendar, click on the tags I want to show. Above and beyond this there are so many other features I would find it hard to believe a site would require more or something JEvents does not have. I did have some issues (user based as always) and I had a response in the forums within the hour. So great support as well.
Even though there are several options and tweaks taht you can access. It really is at the level where a standard user or beginner can easily understand and use. No need to code or do anything at that level.
Its great to see such a good product out there and the addons I received with the membership were definitely worth it for my needs.
Awesome product guys, well done!
I read through many posts to see that I actually had to have my article being a jevent article for the big calender to show up in my Calender item... after that - was a blast !
Enjoy - keep up the good professional work - I might soon upgrade to a gold membership !
the only drawback for me is the templates it uses to display the moonth, week, day, style views.
Personally i would like them to work like a module and display CSS according to the skin or template of the site but otherwise
this is a really REALLY REALLY good peice of work.
I needed something that would allow me to add events quickly,
And so far this does the trick.
There is however ONE issue i didnt contact the owner about.
"If you create an event CATEGORY, and the name of the cat is too long, it gets cutoff at the base of the column in the BY MONTH view.
The module which shows the next 5 events is good on the frontpage as it helps to show that the club is active for the new visitor, and for our members provides a quick access to up comming events. All this on the free bit, I am sure if we need anymore than the basic facilities we will join up for membership.
This should be the 1st add-on installed after installing Joomla!