- Changes MySQL database to MySQLi.
Highlighted key features: Custom registration, ticket selling, payment gateway, event listing, modular architecture, self adapting template, geolocation, multilanguage. Restful APIs, full Mobile app included, at the door capabilities, HTML5 microdata, communication tools, MailChimp integration, frontend event creation, editing and moderation.
In a nutshell:
Ohanah app installs directly into a Joomla (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0!) website and fully uses its module architecture and template engine to automagically adapt and style. Events can be created in few seconds, with custom registration forms, ticket selling through payment gateways, email & attendees management and much more. Ohanah app is fully equipped with strong REST APIs, produces JSON for you to integrate further, comes with a full HTML5 mobile web app that gives you the basis for developing your ultimate mobile event experience. Built around leading technologies like HTML5 semantic web markup to rank your events higher then using any other solution without having you to write a single meta description or keyword! HMVC to bring MVC code on the next level. Available in more then 30 languages Ohanah app has everything packed to get you covered even on your toughest events needs. A fully dedicated support team will take care of your needs to never let you down.
Learn more: http://app.ohanah.com/index.php?src=com_ohanah
I'm honest with you guys, you should seriously start thinking about increasing your price tag as what you are giving away for that price is ridiculously amazing, the calendar view, the module injector technology, the auto skinning feature, the full mobile app that work side by side the etension, the awesome support and such a dedication for creating products that solve real people problems and are not a bunch of feature thrown together.
again...thank you soo much for delivering this to us, and for such a ridiculous price for the value it brings, u saved me hours in setting up a complet kick ass event solution, and my client just loved it...if only i can tell you how much i charged my client...you will understand why i would have been so happy to have given you much more.
keep it up! you rocks!
- installs fine
- the extension does not require url_fopen
- the front end look and feel out of the box is pretty good
- as long as one doesn't change anything it works more or less
- after getting familar with the unconventional back end it is easy to handle since there are not many features to manage
- support is quick, although not always helpful
- one gets a refund easily when asking a bit deeper about some major issues the software has, but that does not bring back the lost time
- the front end look and feel can not be changed easily and sometimes not at all since things like " | @" are hard coded into the core files without any surrounding elements so one can not even hide it with e.g. display:none, not to mention changig colour or font-size
- they even use line breaks for design purposes which is at first an embarressing rookie mistake and secondly requires the designer to fiddle around with negative margins, only chance to get around this in a decent way is to code template overrides - how many Joomla users have skills to do that? but at least it is possible
- no front end editing
- right now it does not work with https (hopefully they applied my fix in the next version)
- front and back end are very very buggy with the German language installed
- prior to purchase I aksed explicitly for a German translation, they said it is there but forgot to mention that the translation is incomplete and the backend falls apart
- its quite expensive for the features it offers compared to the freely available event managers
- it is in a late alpha status with not too small bugs but their marketing slogan states "bleeding edge" code ...
- Ohanah is an event registration extension hence obviously requires the website visitors to login which involves on many websites a SSL connection. But the "bleeding edge" coders simply forgot to test the extension with https ... at least the supprt can tell the customer where to digg into the core files of this extension to correct this bug
- the support forum is closed for non customers, one can not read the complaints of their customers prior to purchase
- instead of solving bugs the support reminds customers to stay calm and friendly, IMHO it is already very rude to take money for alpha versions
- customers are abused as testers
- right now it does not work with the Joomla standard editor CodeMirror
- the front end does not really adopt the template style, needs a fair amount of tweaking to blend in nicely
- the backend is utterly counter intitive
- emails to website customers are allways send in html mode, no option to send plain text
- no html editor for the html emails available, so you need to write html code into the email templates
- the backend does not use the Joomla controls and buttons which is very confusing and bad for usability
- the skills of the programmers are a bit dubious since they haven't got a clue what e.g. a "protocol independend link" is, I as a designer had to teach them how to solve their https bug with that
- the "feature request" section of their forum has more threads than the sections regarding other stuff ...
- they dont care about privacy, you can not have a nick name in the forum
- many HTML errors in front end and back end, even their own public demo throws 171 errors (in firebug)
- it is built on top of the nooku framework, which at first I thought is a good thing but now obviously isn't and maybe that is the reason for the buggy status
I din't expect Ohanah to be bugfree but I found around twenty bugs within two days past installation. After a while I just couldn't afford to spend more time on bug reports than actually getting my customers project to work. But do not expect any appology for the countless bugs you have to solve in that paid extension. They take your suggestions and time for granted and still cancel your account when ever they feel it suits them. And one more hint: Do not question their business practice or rise your tone to express your disappointment. They simply close your account with no announcement and your stuck in the middle of your project. It happend to me despite I never used any offensive language although direct wording and now Im in the Ohanah trap. I lost a good amount of reputation since my client trused me when recommending Ohanah for his website. Luckily this specific clint of mine is a tecky and after a look at the code he agreed to take Ohanah off in favour of a decently coded extension.
This experience brings the idea to one's mind that companies who offer commercial extensions should go through a certification process to protect Joomla users from wasting time and money. Unfortunately this is probably not manageable.
we tried our best to help fix the issue you where having, and after you asked for a refund, we did it straight away, that's why you didn't have access to the support anymore as this is tight in with our sales system.
Anyway we went further trying to reach you out by email and updating you account so that even after being refunded you still have access to our support, but with no lack of answer from your side. We still there waiting to help you out so just get in touch on our support system, we are more then happy to help you out.
Since the support is better than you can probably imagine, I would still recommend using Ohanah and if you run into troubles, ask the support.
My questions / error reports have been answered and even fixes within 24 hours.
Therefore, I still rate Ohanah as excellent, although there are some todos for the Ohanah team.
Ohanah is very easy to use. The submission of events is easy and straigtforward. My client immediatly fell in love with the clean and short form for adding events at the frontend.
There are some whishes I have, most of them are allready asked for in the support section and scheduled by the team.
Support is excellent! I have had five questions, which were all answered within 24 hours. The one thing I wanted to have modified and was not supported by the team was fixed within a couple of hours, due to the clear code.
Ohanah is unfortunately not meeting all my needs at the moment, but the developer is releasing frequent updates with new features implemented.
In the support section you are allowed to suggest new features and vote for those you wan't implemented. This is nice, but I feel that maybe the product has been released a little bit early.
All in all, I am satisfied with the product and very satisfied with the support and response time of the developer.
I recommend this extension for it's clean and nice user interface and the support of the developer. But be sure to check the feature list before buying so you won't be disappointed.
The support is also quick and great, so yes:
a big five stars for this great component!
Hello grohl39, if ohanah wasn't fit for you you could have just asked for a refund straight away 8 month ago and we will have just refunded you :) ...we aren't about the money, we just are about gr8 products and gr8 support.
The v2 is a completely new product and come packed even with a full mobile app that work together with the extension and just this alone is worth every penny. We appreciated you as a customer of the old version and therefore kindly offered you a super discount offer if you needed or wanted to upgrade. There are plenty of awesome website out there made with the v1 and upgrading is not mandatory, as stated we will keep giving you lifespan support and fixes for the old version you bought, we just won't stop supporting it!
We are sorry to hear about you being disappointed What we can suggest you is to please open a ticket on the support system and if money is everything that matter to you, we will be more then happy to refund you even now after 8 month.
V2 astonishingly easy to use.
Very clean admin layout, very little clutter and the way it integrates with your template is amazing. You really need to check out the neat Module injectors.
Support has been super quick with some questions being answered same day. Amazing.
Check out the Mobile App, very clever though I have yet to find a reason to use it. But trust me I am looking as its a cool feature.
Only think I would like to see is a way to download and export your events, contacts, venues etc. in a CSV formsat would be nice.
Never the less if your looking for quick and simple component that has everything you might need to manage events then look no further than Ohanah.
Cons: There is no function to purchase tickets at varying prices. Example: If you want to charge a price for a single person but a lower price for multiple tickets. There is also no function for a coupon code.
Unfortunately, that is a major flaw that I missed when purchasing this extension (I bought the 12 months support too.) It's a feature that is really, truly needed on my site and is available through comparable extensions. When discussed with support, I was not under the impression that these features would happen any time soon, despite multiple requests for them on their support message boards. Please be advised of this if those features are important to you.
If that feature does not apply to you, this extension could really work.
Lastly, support is really on it for current features.
Wrote to Ohanah, they insist on backend access to resolve the problem. I asked them to remote on my computer to view the backend instead as I would never trust someone on my backend access with access to all root folders. Then they ask for info on my site, i gave all the php info, system info, turn debug on and everything, found out their module injector is in conflict with other modules. Then they replied "Can you send me a backup of the site using Akeeba so I can find out which extension is causing the conflict? "
All these bugs has been going on for a week, I uninstalled from my site, very rude customer service says "I'm being difficult for not giving back end access"
What's so difficult in remoting on my PC and solve the problems? They claim they need developer tools to resolve it. Hey I'm a web developer and i should have all the tools you need
Now obviously my problems with module injector is not working fine and I have uninstalled it from my site and when I ask for refunds, they said NO because they claim I didn't cooperate to resolve the problems. Hey guys, this component is not a BETA release! We are not here to become your tester!! To become your tester to test bugs, we are supposed to be paid instead!
Here's their reply on not giving me a refund
"The module injector is a feature no other Joomla extension has, and it could create conflicts with some of them given it is 10 days old.
Our beta phase has lasted 2 months, we can't possibly test every Joomla extension and see if it creates incompatibilities."
Well, if you are patient enough to install this component and willing to give your backend access to them to solve this problem, and you not knowing what they do to resolve the problem, then you may buy it? If you ever need to reinstall your site, and if you are no longer in support subscription, then you are doomed. This guys are really difficult to deal with. Alternatively I suggest you wait couple of months before their stable release!
I like the extension, but have paid far less for others out there and have received far superior support.
If their support were better I would give the extension a higher score.
Hello Fishez, thank you very much for your review and for pointing us where to improve.
While forums are open so that the community can help each other, tickets are replied on a 24h basis. Even if for us is a very very busy period as we are finishing the v2 of ohanah (more then 1300 code commits have been made) we strive our best to give the greatest support.