- Changes MySQL database to MySQLi.
With 99% of satisfied customers, premium support & powerful options, Ohanah is the right choice for you when it comes to deal with events. Fully compatible with any Joomla! version.
Over 1 million events have been created using Ohanah in just 3 years. People from all over the world are using Ohanah every day to organise their seminars, community gatherings, music shows and any type of event that you can imagine.
EASY TO SET UP AND A JOY TO USE
Ohanah will let you fully manage all aspects of your events.
* event management (recurring events included)
* venue management (geolocation included)
* attendee management (notifications included)
* and much more…
All at your fingertips, easy to use also for your clients, and with a beautiful interface. A great user experience is guaranteed.
BEAUTIFUL OUT OF THE BOX
No need to be a CSS expert in order to have an amazing looking site. Ohanah will automagically blend in with your existing layout and design, and your events will have the same look & feel of your site.
PACKED WITH A MOBILE EXPERIENCE
Let your visitors browse and access all your events on their smartphones. With Ohanah you get a fully customisable jQuery based Mobile app, which can even be converted into a native app.
Ohanah truly speaks your language. Translated into 36 languages and used in more than 100 countries, Ohanah is one of the few extensions on the JED that is really multilingual. Check the list of available languages (http://demo.ohanah.com/index.php/features/powerful-options).
Ohanah is developer friendly and provides a full REST API and a JSON output that let you take control over its customisation.
Have additional questions? Visit our website (http://www.ohanah.com) or check out our demo (http://demo.ohanah.com).
First of all, on the developper side, it is very easy to fit it in the template and to override the out. With small efforts you can really get something nice (I am not a professionnal web-developper).
On the user-side, the admin interface is very very easy to use for non-expert webapps users (Drag'n'drop interface and clear template) and it will be very complete and efficient for more expert people.
Concerning the support, the team has been very helpful and all my question were answered in a short time.
All in all, it is really the best event extension for joomla: nice looking, easy to use, easy to adapt and the support is great.
Often enough the support for some of the extensions lacks to say the least. Not this time!!! The best support I've experienced in a long time. I had a few questions about functionality and got them resolved in no time. Very timely replies and detailed explanations. Both Bojan and Romano were very helpful and professional. GOOD TEAM and a GOOD PRODUCT.
Definitively would recommend to others.
The few problems I’ve had have been dealt with quick enough by their ticketing system and any additions you think of will be considered for future versions.
There are a features that I’d like this component to have, but doesn't yet, but apart from that I’d recommend this to anyone looking for an events manager.
Works great with PayPal as well.
Flavio - the developer/programmer, is very nice and very quick to grasp and fix a problem. He is the guy to talk to.
Extension is sweet but there are few things that need to change or fix here and there. Like,
- Third party plugins and mods from Nooku framework, etc. They need to get handle on this vendor. It has some non-standard method of naming an extension which you may have deleted and caused you errors, and some problems during uninstall. Name in the manager area is not publish and I did remove it once but my extension died. Flavio said that was needed by Ohanah. So I reinstalled and its food again.
But the bottom line, Flavio can fix and give you answers. That is what I want for support. He is great and hopefully stays with them for a while.
I would give this extension an excellent except for those few snags and some threatening words from their supervisor.
Out of 5, 5 being the highest.
Extension - 4
Support - 4
Overall rating = 4
thank you so much for your nice review and words, and especially pointing us in the right direction to keep improving ohanah and our services!
I highly recommend this software due to a large part on the people who support it.
Thank you very much!
I've tried and use different ones, and ohanah is just working well and is very easy to use.
I've been using it almost since it came out and the latest version (v2) shows some really great features and improvements.
The support has been good. Questions are answered pretty quickly and they seem to listen to their community which is also a great sign.
The ohanah team has some smart developer who made some nice features (dynamic module, easy template integration etc...). And giving a mobile ready version is just plain awesome.
And from what i can see, there are so great improvement and feature coming up.
I'd recommend this extension to all people who wish to manage events on their Joomla! website.
Easy installation and less problem with J1.7 and J2.5.
Back-end is easy to use and really intuitive.
It's a bit bad in the front-end: I like the graphic of the V. 1.02, poor (my taste of course) in the V.2
The modules are very less flexible to combine them in the front-end and imo a bit with nonsense.
Support trough mail is very good, the documentation online is poor.
v1.02 is almost a 1 year old version you should update to the latest 1.20 version (see http://app.ohanah.com/release-notes) as a tons of things have been improved over it as we release almost once per week. Same apply to the new ohanah v2, since 2.0.3 (now 2.0.8) you can use the composer to adjust the layout and recreate even the v1 badges layout! Just go ahead and get all the benefits of the newer releases, you'll find them in our support system under downloads :)
Thanks for using ohanah, and sharing your thoughts about it.
Ohanah is not an event review system, but you could easily achieve this by entering whatever code for the review system you would like to use on the comment snippets system (therefore also being able to use other joomla review extension together with ohanah). You can even create providers profile and attach them to events, by using some simple logics , some simple html module and our module injector technology.
For anything else, don't esitate to open a ticket on our support system so that we can guide trough it :)
easy to use, stable, great features, very usable and amazing user interface.... and what i most appreciated is the great support team behind, got one or two questions and they helped me out solving the few small issues i had directly on my site within 24 hours!
just amazing guys!! absplutely worth the money, this should be the standard for every joomla application and support team out there!!
The support could successfully assist me with another two quarrels I had so for that part, I should give 5 stars.
In the end, I only distribute 4 of them, because I want the ohanah guys to get even more out of this high potential component. (Layout adjustments e.g. in filter module not easy to handle for average joomla admins like me. Or providing installation abortion routine if server is not correctly configured)
If only joomla was built by this guys we will live in a better cms today!(aka module injector)
Thanks guys for everything and for bringing real UX/UI to a joomla extension. Keep rocking hard!
I'm honest with you guys, you should seriously start thinking about increasing your price tag as what you are giving away for that price is ridiculously amazing, the calendar view, the module injector technology, the auto skinning feature, the full mobile app that work side by side the etension, the awesome support and such a dedication for creating products that solve real people problems and are not a bunch of feature thrown together.
again...thank you soo much for delivering this to us, and for such a ridiculous price for the value it brings, u saved me hours in setting up a complet kick ass event solution, and my client just loved it...if only i can tell you how much i charged my client...you will understand why i would have been so happy to have given you much more.
keep it up! you rocks!
- installs fine
- the extension does not require url_fopen
- the front end look and feel out of the box is pretty good
- as long as one doesn't change anything it works more or less
- after getting familar with the unconventional back end it is easy to handle since there are not many features to manage
- support is quick, although not always helpful
- one gets a refund easily when asking a bit deeper about some major issues the software has, but that does not bring back the lost time
- the front end look and feel can not be changed easily and sometimes not at all since things like " | @" are hard coded into the core files without any surrounding elements so one can not even hide it with e.g. display:none, not to mention changig colour or font-size
- they even use line breaks for design purposes which is at first an embarressing rookie mistake and secondly requires the designer to fiddle around with negative margins, only chance to get around this in a decent way is to code template overrides - how many Joomla users have skills to do that? but at least it is possible
- no front end editing
- right now it does not work with https (hopefully they applied my fix in the next version)
- front and back end are very very buggy with the German language installed
- prior to purchase I aksed explicitly for a German translation, they said it is there but forgot to mention that the translation is incomplete and the backend falls apart
- its quite expensive for the features it offers compared to the freely available event managers
- it is in a late alpha status with not too small bugs but their marketing slogan states "bleeding edge" code ...
- Ohanah is an event registration extension hence obviously requires the website visitors to login which involves on many websites a SSL connection. But the "bleeding edge" coders simply forgot to test the extension with https ... at least the supprt can tell the customer where to digg into the core files of this extension to correct this bug
- the support forum is closed for non customers, one can not read the complaints of their customers prior to purchase
- instead of solving bugs the support reminds customers to stay calm and friendly, IMHO it is already very rude to take money for alpha versions
- customers are abused as testers
- right now it does not work with the Joomla standard editor CodeMirror
- the front end does not really adopt the template style, needs a fair amount of tweaking to blend in nicely
- the backend is utterly counter intitive
- emails to website customers are allways send in html mode, no option to send plain text
- no html editor for the html emails available, so you need to write html code into the email templates
- the backend does not use the Joomla controls and buttons which is very confusing and bad for usability
- the skills of the programmers are a bit dubious since they haven't got a clue what e.g. a "protocol independend link" is, I as a designer had to teach them how to solve their https bug with that
- the "feature request" section of their forum has more threads than the sections regarding other stuff ...
- they dont care about privacy, you can not have a nick name in the forum
- many HTML errors in front end and back end, even their own public demo throws 171 errors (in firebug)
- it is built on top of the nooku framework, which at first I thought is a good thing but now obviously isn't and maybe that is the reason for the buggy status
I din't expect Ohanah to be bugfree but I found around twenty bugs within two days past installation. After a while I just couldn't afford to spend more time on bug reports than actually getting my customers project to work. But do not expect any appology for the countless bugs you have to solve in that paid extension. They take your suggestions and time for granted and still cancel your account when ever they feel it suits them. And one more hint: Do not question their business practice or rise your tone to express your disappointment. They simply close your account with no announcement and your stuck in the middle of your project. It happend to me despite I never used any offensive language although direct wording and now Im in the Ohanah trap. I lost a good amount of reputation since my client trused me when recommending Ohanah for his website. Luckily this specific clint of mine is a tecky and after a look at the code he agreed to take Ohanah off in favour of a decently coded extension.
This experience brings the idea to one's mind that companies who offer commercial extensions should go through a certification process to protect Joomla users from wasting time and money. Unfortunately this is probably not manageable.
we tried our best to help fix the issue you where having, and after you asked for a refund, we did it straight away, that's why you didn't have access to the support anymore as this is tight in with our sales system.
Anyway we went further trying to reach you out by email and updating you account so that even after being refunded you still have access to our support, but with no lack of answer from your side. We still there waiting to help you out so just get in touch on our support system, we are more then happy to help you out.
Since the support is better than you can probably imagine, I would still recommend using Ohanah and if you run into troubles, ask the support.
My questions / error reports have been answered and even fixes within 24 hours.
Therefore, I still rate Ohanah as excellent, although there are some todos for the Ohanah team.