For a list of features and screenshots, see the product description at http://joomdonation.com/components/events-booking.html .
1. Nested categories: Event Booking allows you to organize your events cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Events management: Event Booking allows you to create and manage events from back-end of your site. You can create both free event and paid events. Users will be able to browse for events and register themselves for this event from front-end.
3. Collect registrants information : Event Booking allows you to collect information of registrants (both individual and group registration ) when they register for your events. You can collect basic information (first name, last name,…..) and any information you want using custom fields.
4. Group and Individual Registration support: Users can register for an event by individual or for an group . For group registration, users will be able enter necessary information of all members in the group. Furthermore, with group rate setting for each event, you will be able to give discount for group registration .
5. Free and Paid event support: You can create free or paid events. For paid events, registrants can pay for it via Online Payment gateway : Paypay, Authorize.net, Eway….
6. Multilingual support: Events Booking support Joomla core Multilingual feature. So if you are building a multilgual site, you can create events, categories, locations, custom fields... in different languages. You don't have to rely on Joomfish, Falang.. anymore.
6. Registrants management : Event Booking allows you to manage all the registrants from back-end of your site. You can view, edit, or delete registrant . You can also export registrants into CSV format and view it is MS Office program .
7. Powerful custom fields feature.
8. Front-end events submission .
9. Support sh404 (the extension has sh404 plugin to generate SEF Urls).
10. Manage registrants from front-end.
11. Tax support
12.Waiting list feature
13. Captcha integration
14. Available in 7 different languages packages for front-end : en-GB, de-DE, es-ES, fr-FR, nl-NL, pt-PT, sv-SE.
And much more....
The developer (Tuan) has been a busy bee all this time adding new options and refining everything on this extension. I've witnessed this extension grow from a small new addition for events handling for your joomla installation to a full featured power horse controlling almost all of the things I need.
I use it for a seminar type of event handling and it does its job flawlessly.
A couple of customizations that I needed were met with immediate and friendly manner from the developer.
Job well done Tuan! 5 stars awarded! Highly recommended!
Installation is as easy as any Joomla component. You need to know what you want to use to complete the detailed configuration, because almost everything is adjustable, starting with the various messages to customers, admin etc..
Thanks to the "translation" fields it is easy to replace the standard text with one more suited to particular type of event.
The only aspect that could be improved is the documentation to eventually customise some tables.
I have tried a few Booking extension I find this one the most versatile and usable.
I highly recommend this extension to all of you!
I had a small issue and posted a support ticket to ask for advice. Tuan was prompt in responding and he even fixed the problem for me.
This is definitely worth a 5 start review. Well done JoomDonation!!!
The component installed quite easily and was functional within a few minutes. It offers all the functionality I was looking for -- allows single and group registration, allows users to register for multiple events at the same time, allows users to submit a deposit for events, and allows users to pay using a variety of payment sources.
More importantly, however, is the customer service I received after installation. The component had a "bug" which Tuan corrected and resolved within 48 hours. He logged into my admin system and took care of it in a timely manner. He also took time to clarify another issue I was experiencing -- which turned out to be a problem created by one of the settings I had chosen.
I cannot recommend this highly enough. If you purchase, you get a great project and fantastic customer service.
The developer is very supportive. Among others, He went out of his way to hack the application to fit my site when I complained that the form width was too wide for my site.
Great component that has proved extremely helpful. Please keep-up the good work.
I've never used Joomla before, but this component is user-friendly, well-designed, has lots of options, and best of all, Tuan, the developer offers excellent and fast support. He is constantly seeking to improve his products and Event Booking is truly a shining star.
EB allows the admin to create custom fields for the registration forms - a critical feature that makes this extension flexible and powerful.
A stroke of genius is an integrated editor for the language file -- enabling me to customize the screen prompts and labels without having to edit via FTP.
As an experienced Joomla! developer, evaluating many extensions every year, I have found this to be one of the best-coded extensions I have ever used. The developer has been very fast and responsive to inquiries. Support is superb!
I replaced dtregister because it was unstable. The support was slow and frankly kind of annoying.I paid $75 for that component. My customer (saddleupva.com) immediately complained of students not being able to buy classes and zero-dollars where they had been set to $295.
I had already reported several bugs to dtregister. Switching between individual and group registration had created a set of $0 priced records (ack!). The discount code is part of registration rather than billing. Support was slow to non-existant, at one point I waited weeks and only got a response when i threatened to ask my credit card company for a refund.
On the other hand, Event Booking was only $25. It worked the first time with no issues except one. That issue was the failure of joomla to default to the "default.php" view on credit card failure. I found the author on Yahoo chat. He found and fixed the problem within an hour.
The code itself has been solid and done what it says it will do.
I would like to see event_date included in all communications to admin and customers. I mostly made the changes to the code myself. So I got a chance to see the code. Unlike the competitor's code mentioned above, the Event Booking code is solid. It follows standard operating code rules. (For instance, the dtregister issue is obviously a problem with data integrity, it's just sloppy). Event Booking code that I read follows solid academic coding conventions.
I highly recommend Event Booking. It's a good value with well written code and exceptionally good support.
I just want to correct the review alitle. The extension is not free like in the review said, infact, It is a commercial extension with price 28.68$.
Fazit: The supreme support I've experienced pays off a 100% for the really small price. I'm completely satisfied, beeing aware of the fact Event-Booking is growing according to Joomla's 1.6 development, and the team really tries to cover webmasters needs in a most convenient and flexible way.
Related to other products I've tested .. it's excellent. That's why I gave 5 stars, although I think the extension could be even better. There were some small issues to solve (I bet in future releases this won't be necessary ;-) - but nothing was dropped in Tuan's 24/7 forum support!
I'd just like them to get rid of some constructs here and there, and use CSS elements and properties instead.