For a list of features and screenshots, see the product description at http://joomdonation.com/components/events-booking.html .
1. Nested categories: Event Booking allows you to organize your events cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Events management: Event Booking allows you to create and manage events from back-end of your site. You can create both free event and paid events. Users will be able to browse for events and register themselves for this event from front-end.
3. Collect registrants information : Event Booking allows you to collect information of registrants (both individual and group registration ) when they register for your events. You can collect basic information (first name, last name,…..) and any information you want using custom fields.
4. Group and Individual Registration support: Users can register for an event by individual or for an group . For group registration, users will be able enter necessary information of all members in the group. Furthermore, with group rate setting for each event, you will be able to give discount for group registration .
5. Free and Paid event support: You can create free or paid events. For paid events, registrants can pay for it via Online Payment gateway : Paypay, Authorize.net, Eway….
6. Multilingual support: Events Booking support Joomla core Multilingual feature. So if you are building a multilgual site, you can create events, categories, locations, custom fields... in different languages. You don't have to rely on Joomfish, Falang.. anymore.
6. Registrants management : Event Booking allows you to manage all the registrants from back-end of your site. You can view, edit, or delete registrant . You can also export registrants into CSV format and view it is MS Office program .
7. Powerful custom fields feature.
8. Front-end events submission .
9. Support sh404 (the extension has sh404 plugin to generate SEF Urls).
10. Manage registrants from front-end.
11. Tax support
12.Waiting list feature
13. Captcha integration
14. Available in 7 different languages packages for front-end : en-GB, de-DE, es-ES, fr-FR, nl-NL, pt-PT, sv-SE.
And much more....
I've never used Joomla before, but this component is user-friendly, well-designed, has lots of options, and best of all, Tuan, the developer offers excellent and fast support. He is constantly seeking to improve his products and Event Booking is truly a shining star.
EB allows the admin to create custom fields for the registration forms - a critical feature that makes this extension flexible and powerful.
A stroke of genius is an integrated editor for the language file -- enabling me to customize the screen prompts and labels without having to edit via FTP.
As an experienced Joomla! developer, evaluating many extensions every year, I have found this to be one of the best-coded extensions I have ever used. The developer has been very fast and responsive to inquiries. Support is superb!
I replaced dtregister because it was unstable. The support was slow and frankly kind of annoying.I paid $75 for that component. My customer (saddleupva.com) immediately complained of students not being able to buy classes and zero-dollars where they had been set to $295.
I had already reported several bugs to dtregister. Switching between individual and group registration had created a set of $0 priced records (ack!). The discount code is part of registration rather than billing. Support was slow to non-existant, at one point I waited weeks and only got a response when i threatened to ask my credit card company for a refund.
On the other hand, Event Booking was only $25. It worked the first time with no issues except one. That issue was the failure of joomla to default to the "default.php" view on credit card failure. I found the author on Yahoo chat. He found and fixed the problem within an hour.
The code itself has been solid and done what it says it will do.
I would like to see event_date included in all communications to admin and customers. I mostly made the changes to the code myself. So I got a chance to see the code. Unlike the competitor's code mentioned above, the Event Booking code is solid. It follows standard operating code rules. (For instance, the dtregister issue is obviously a problem with data integrity, it's just sloppy). Event Booking code that I read follows solid academic coding conventions.
I highly recommend Event Booking. It's a good value with well written code and exceptionally good support.
I just want to correct the review alitle. The extension is not free like in the review said, infact, It is a commercial extension with price 28.68$.
Fazit: The supreme support I've experienced pays off a 100% for the really small price. I'm completely satisfied, beeing aware of the fact Event-Booking is growing according to Joomla's 1.6 development, and the team really tries to cover webmasters needs in a most convenient and flexible way.
Related to other products I've tested .. it's excellent. That's why I gave 5 stars, although I think the extension could be even better. There were some small issues to solve (I bet in future releases this won't be necessary ;-) - but nothing was dropped in Tuan's 24/7 forum support!
I'd just like them to get rid of some constructs here and there, and use CSS elements and properties instead.
I'm giving this 5 stars because I forecast that this extension will only get better and better!
Keep up the good work Tuan!
This week, I decided to try Event Booking, and I was amazed. This product is far superior to the other solutions. Yes, I did have some configuration questions, and I found one bug, but I got answers and a fix for the bug within 24 hours.
If you need a product like Event Booking, don't waste your time and money on the others. Get this product now. You will not regret it.