For a list of features and screenshots, see the product description at http://joomdonation.com/components/events-booking.html .
1. Nested categories: Event Booking allows you to organize your events cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Events management: Event Booking allows you to create and manage events from back-end of your site. You can create both free event and paid events. Users will be able to browse for events and register themselves for this event from front-end.
3. Collect registrants information : Event Booking allows you to collect information of registrants (both individual and group registration ) when they register for your events. You can collect basic information (first name, last name,…..) and any information you want using custom fields.
4. Group and Individual Registration support: Users can register for an event by individual or for an group . For group registration, users will be able enter necessary information of all members in the group. Furthermore, with group rate setting for each event, you will be able to give discount for group registration .
5. Free and Paid event support: You can create free or paid events. For paid events, registrants can pay for it via Online Payment gateway : Paypay, Authorize.net, Eway….
6. Multilingual support: Events Booking support Joomla core Multilingual feature. So if you are building a multilgual site, you can create events, categories, locations, custom fields... in different languages. You don't have to rely on Joomfish, Falang.. anymore.
6. Registrants management : Event Booking allows you to manage all the registrants from back-end of your site. You can view, edit, or delete registrant . You can also export registrants into CSV format and view it is MS Office program .
7. Powerful custom fields feature.
8. Front-end events submission .
9. Support sh404 (the extension has sh404 plugin to generate SEF Urls).
10. Manage registrants from front-end.
11. Tax support
12.Waiting list feature
13. Captcha integration
14. Available in 7 different languages packages for front-end : en-GB, de-DE, es-ES, fr-FR, nl-NL, pt-PT, sv-SE.
And much more....
I was given no indication that there were plans to support on going classes beyond having the user sign up for every day the class occurs, which is not practical.
I like the Event Booking extension for all that it has, but I am hoping that the author(s) will think about providing the enhancement to support on going events like a class or once a week clinic that goes on for n weeks.
If you don't require on going event capabilities then them I believe this is a product worth trying.
I just want to clear some points which Tom reported here :
1. The extension does support on-going classes (events). You can create Daily, weekly, Monthly or Yearly recurring classes (events). However, each occurrence of this recurring event will be treated as a separate event and you will have to register for all of them manually (if you want). Tom is correct, no recurring billing feature is supported in Events Booking (and I believe none of available events registration extension can handle recurring billing).
2. To Tom (author of this review): Your requirement in this case is so special, none of our customers has asked for it before, so we haven't integrated it into the extension yet. You emailed us at 5:52am our time asking to return the product and I replied you at 8:54am asking for your Paypal account so that we can refund you the money of your purchase. It seems you haven't checked your email before submitting this review, so saying "was unable to return it and it's unusable" is incorrect in this case. Please do reply our email so that we can send you the refund !
The only thing I'm missing is a good guideline to explain all the features as I'm sure there are many I'm still not aware of, and not sure how they work.
I only use this extension on my websites now and can recommend it to others.
Thanks O solutions
It was also great to see an update posted just after I purchased this, responding to a feature request from a user so shows developer listens to customers! Good documentation and support you can view before you buy the product (why do some people hide their support pages until you hand over cash!)
But most importantly, the service and documentation is great - the support is really fast and extremely helpful.
So much value for a small price.
I have been using this extension for years and have renewed my support multiple times. Support is responsive and friendly, and what can I say, I love it!
We use its events calendar and reservations system heavily, and we are looking forward to using its new front-end features so I no longer have to export information from the back-end for the members of our organization. In general, this is a forward-thinking piece of software, and worth its cost.
He is always very busy but still finds the time to answer all the support issues, respond on the forum, add new features and continuously update his components!
Great work and absolutely worth the very small price for a quality component.
Although this is not the place for an in depth review of all three, I will say that no matter which one you choose, unless you are just using it with its default settings, be prepared to spend some time creating support tickets to get your answers instead of saving days of time being able to read in depth documentation.
I had a problem getting the forum to accept my reply so I emailed him.
What I did not expect was for him to track down my Skype name and contact me direct.
Despite the fact that it was past 10 in the evening he collected data from me, analysed it and updated the php. He sent me the file, I uploaded it to the site and the problem was resolved.
That is service of a very high order!
Initial set up takes a while, mainly configuring the text of the messages and emails sent to users when they register.
Messaged the developer shortly after purchase to ask about a particular functionality... replied immediately to say it didn't currently exist but would be considered for a future version... about a month later received another message to say the new functionality had been added - Super!
I felt it only fair to in this case because it is a far larger extension than normal (so I was expecting some disappointment) but it is outstandingly good.
I had one small issue which in fairness, was a problem with my template more than with 'Event Booking'. I posted a ticket and received a very fast reply which I assumed would be a 'Your ticket has been logged' auto-message but it was a perfect solution.
Great product, great service and amazing value.