For a list of features and screenshots, see the product description at http://joomdonation.com/components/events-booking.html .
1. Nested categories: Event Booking allows you to organize your events cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Events management: Event Booking allows you to create and manage events from back-end of your site. You can create both free event and paid events. Users will be able to browse for events and register themselves for this event from front-end.
3. Collect registrants information : Event Booking allows you to collect information of registrants (both individual and group registration ) when they register for your events. You can collect basic information (first name, last name,…..) and any information you want using custom fields.
4. Group and Individual Registration support: Users can register for an event by individual or for an group . For group registration, users will be able enter necessary information of all members in the group. Furthermore, with group rate setting for each event, you will be able to give discount for group registration .
5. Free and Paid event support: You can create free or paid events. For paid events, registrants can pay for it via Online Payment gateway : Paypay, Authorize.net, Eway….
6. Multilingual support: Events Booking support Joomla core Multilingual feature. So if you are building a multilgual site, you can create events, categories, locations, custom fields... in different languages. You don't have to rely on Joomfish, Falang.. anymore.
6. Registrants management : Event Booking allows you to manage all the registrants from back-end of your site. You can view, edit, or delete registrant . You can also export registrants into CSV format and view it is MS Office program .
7. Powerful custom fields feature.
8. Front-end events submission .
9. Support sh404 (the extension has sh404 plugin to generate SEF Urls).
10. Manage registrants from front-end.
11. Tax support
12.Waiting list feature
13. Captcha integration
14. Available in 7 different languages packages for front-end : en-GB, de-DE, es-ES, fr-FR, nl-NL, pt-PT, sv-SE.
And much more....
But if you like to make sure the component and modules fit into your design, you have to understand quite a lot of css and html codes. The Ossolution team is very helpful and a big THANK YOU for that. But still, a few extra´s in the configuration wouldn´t be a bad idea for a following update.
Thanks for taking time to leave my extension your rating and review (a nice review :)). I just want to correct one thing in your review :
You said "But if you like to make sure the component and modules fit into your design, you have to understand quite a lot of css and html codes".
I believe the extension by default can work on any templates without any modification. For some special templates, you might have to modify css alitle and in this case, if you need help, our template/css developers are available to help you with these small modification .
I was alitle slow on response the questions on forum because It was my wedding and I could not work much at the time. The wedding is over and I am now back to normal work, so all the questions will be answered very fast (in less than 24 hours) from now on !
I am missing functionality as
1) More flexible and different payment options (must be easy to configure)
2) All hours are in AM/PM in the backend. Must have 24H!
3) Better and "leaner" integration with CB (community builder) - it is not working as it should with own added fields etc.
4) Should be possible to display extra fields in the "view details" on events. Make them cofigurable.
5) Could be cool to have more templates on specially the calendar view. Rounded corners would be nice (like Google calendars ...)
6) Options to control the colors in backgrounds and textx etc via the backend for all the different layouts to avoid changing php and css files. Also here have a "template" approach ...
7) Make the language/translations options "shareable" and automatic when updates. Look how ACYMAIL have done it - that is top dollar ;)
8) Make it possible to use pictures in events
On the support side, it would be nice to see things moving a little faster - you reply to mails but not often on forum threads - and you seem to promise more than you can hold in your mails. Please be honest about deadlines - as much as you can. Let us know if you cant make a deadline - that is better than silence ...
The website is a little confusing. It is hard to see what version of the component is currently active and for what version of joomla it is for.
Would be nice to have a newsletter informing us users with news of "Event booking" and links to the new downloadable version (the current way to download updates is very confusing and misleading. It is always unclear if you get the right version… )
Please see the above as constructive criticism as I want this good project the very best - othervise I wouldn't take the time to write all this. See it as an opportunity to make things better. I am only writing this because I find the component good and would like to keep using it on many of my future websites.
Thank you for a good component and look forward to follow it in the future.
I would suggest it to anyone looking for a reliable event booking management system. The configuration options and flexability alone makes it well worth the small investment
Translation list with the ability to add additional translations is an excellent feature - great for when you need to make your own customised views
The CSS file is well thought out and just about everything on a given page can be customised quickly without fear of upsetting the layout of other extensions
Support is excellent with fast response and assistance even for the customisation and tweaks that i needed to make. The developer is also rather active in the support forums which is great.
Thanks for producing such a well designed and supported extension
There is only one small bug, but it is so insignificant I just couldn't bring myself to reduce the star rating for this tool.
Great job !!!
This is a paid for extension, but the modest cost together with the excellent support makes this very good value.
It's very intuitive to setup, very full featured and new functionality is being added all the time.
When I've had any problems or needed assistance, Tuan has always been available to bring about a resolution very quickly for me. He has also undertaken some custom development at a very reasonable price, given the amount of work which was required.
An excellent product at an incredibly low price, keep up the good work!
So don't believe what they say!
This user (he is not my customers) sent me an email sometime ago ask me to add a feature into Event Booking : Display list of registrants on event detail page. At that time, I thought it is useful, so I promised him I will implement it in future releases !
However, after spending more time to think about it, I found that this feature is NOT NECESSARY because It is AVAILABLE in the extension already but it is implemented in a different way: Customers can click on View List link which is displayed next to number of registrants to view registrants of an event.
I said sorry to Wilbert and explained the reasons I don't implement he asked into the extension. Please aslo that I didn't ask him to pay me his money to get this feature into the extension. I suggested him :
- Try to find a different extension to see whether it meets he need.
- If he wants to use my extension and want to have the feature implemented in the way he wants, we are available to customize it for him with a small fee (40$).
Wilbert refused my suggestions. He gave me this bad rating and review just because I don't implement a feature which is ONLY NEEDED BY HIMSELF. He also threatened to ask other Joomla users he knows to move away from using our products. This is an un-acceptable behavior and I believe "unfair people" which he mentioned here is himself, not us !
To all other customers: You can always suggest the features you want in our Features wishlish forum. I always listen to your suggestions, implement the features which I think is useful can can be used by other customers. That's one of the reason make my extension better from time to time. However, when you want a specific feature which only needed by yourself, not useful for my other customers, I am available to customize it for you to meet your need perfectly. But you will need to pay for our work in this case (usually small fee). That's fair for both of us !
I found one bug. It was fixed overnight. I do not want to exaggerate, but our cycle club paid over 200 times more for an IT-consultant to provide us with an event booking function for a cycle race we were arranging. This extension will do what we wanted, AND do everything else we need when it comes to keeping track of events (booking winter spinning passes, training rounds, meetings).
It is a dream to use. Everything is very intuitive. If you know what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it ... then just fill in the blanks.
I cannot recommend this too highly.
This is my first Joomla site. I've integrated our web-site with phpBB3 via JFusion. I'm learning Joomla, I'm not expert, but I am one happy trooper as a user.
You can't lose. Get it!