- Joomla 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5 / 3.x support
- Authorize.net, PayPal, PayPal Pro, WorldPay, Quickbooks (QBMS), Sage, eWay, Saferpay, PSiGate, PayFast, USA ePay, TransFirst, Korta, iDeal, Moneris, ePDQ,DPS PxPay, SagePay & offline payment options
- Paid and Free events
- Community Builder integration w/ plugin for showing registration history
- JomSocial Integration w/ plugins for showing registration history and activity
- Auto Joomla user creation options
- Built-in Calendar with OPTIONAL Jevents sync
- Frontend Management with extensive permissions structure
- Multiple Event Registration with one payment and cart feature
- Repeating event support
- Auto Email Reminders & Follow ups run via cron job
- Event image option for listing and calendar
- Multi-language support with JoomFish or Falang
- Frontend User Panel where users can view registration history, edit records, make payments, and cancel registrations
- UNLIMITED Fields giving more capability by far than anything else including fee changes
- Conditional custom fields - display dynamically based on other user field choices and configurable by event
- Auto-generated Confirmation Number with Barcode support
- Prerequisite Events - limit registration based on other events
- Attendance Check
- 4 Status options for each record: Active, Pending, Cancelled, Waiting
- Partial Payment/Deposit support with fixed amounts or minimums
- Archive Management
- Overlapping Date/Time Check to prevent users from double-booking themselves
- Timezone display options
- Private/Public events
- Discount/Coupon Codes
- Auto Tax calculation options
- Associate Joomla articles to an event for more details
- Location Manager w/ Google Maps
- Attach files to user confirmation emails
- Two-level Category structure
- Event Copy Function
- Event capacity w/ Waiting List
- Early Bird Discounts & Late Fees
- ability to allow users to upload files
- 8 Color packages of buttons
- Member Discounts ($ amount or %)
- Ability for setting up multiple pay options based on user selection of custom form elements
- Individual and/or Group Registration
- WYSIWYG editor for all customizable messages & emails
- Registration Cut-off / Open Dates
- Flexible discount code configurations with defaults for members and limits for events
- Multi-category support for events (3.x)
- Support for more than 1 event moderator
- Prioritize event moderators
- Terms & Conditions
- Custom Emails to registrants using tags to pull in data (global or event-specific)
- Manual Registration support for offline registrations
- CAPTCHA support
- Module for listing Upcoming Events
- Plugin for embedding registration links in articles
- Customizable CSV export of records by event(s)
- Translations provided for: Arabic, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German,
I am writing this review because last night I had a problem with the product, categories went crazy. I contacted the company, and within an hour Nathan had already responded to me. What a huge relief! Thank you Nathan! It turns out there was a bug, which they were aware of and had already fixed...all I needed to do was to update. Everything works perfectly and I did not lose any of the registrant records!
With every update, they continue to improve the product. I'm currently on J2.5, and from what I've read on the forums, am looking forward to J3! DT has even more enhancements on it!
Of course, my first investigation for a Joomla based Events System took me down the path of looking at the non-commercial offerings. My advice is dont waste your time looking at anything that is non-commercial in the area of Events Management. If you want a good toolset, then pay for it. DT Register is well woth the money and you'll save yourself alot of time and heartache.
I was using a nice mobile friendly Joomla template and on my first demo to stakeholders I had 4 different mobile and tablet devices at the table. Everyone was suitably impressed with professional look and feel.
For this particular project we had already mapped all of the business processes that need to be fulfilled before I went looking at components. DT Register met around 90% of the business process with simple configuration settings. Could'nt really expect that there would be enterprise data record matching features, if the architects really wanted it, we resolved to build data bridges at a later stage.
There were only 2 areas that took a bit of deeper consideration on how we handled them. We had up to 200 events happening on the same day accross 30 different sites, but after some tweeking of the search function plugin we had the user journey working the way we wanted. The other was the configuration and setup of all of the reminder emails but again some tweeking helped us get that sorted.
My only advice here is if you have this volume of events to setup, make sure you get the naming convention sorted out before setting up all of the events, otherwise in some config settings it is hard to determine which event your setting a config parameter against.
I'd also like to add that although we did'nt request support I did have some interaction with the Management at DTH Development. The communication was highly professional, courteous and very helpful. I highly recommend dealing with these guys and the component is easy and straight forward for anyone with Joomla experience.
Support is also great: I sent an e-mail on Sunday evening (about a certain setting) and got a reply before I was in the office on monday morning! Great.
Documentation could be a bit clearer; therefore 4 stars instead of 5...
While we did drop the ball on this user's ticket, this is not the normal experience with our support. We DID completely resolve this user's issue however, and it ended up NOT being a problem with DT Register. It was a configuration issue within Joomla itself that was crippling the session from being started for a registration. Hopefully this user will amend their review.
We initially had a few hiccups with the installation but this was QUICKLY rectified with support within 24 hours. Overall this program not only meets our expectations but exceeds it with flying colours and we will definitely be recommending it to all of our clients.
Over my 3 years using DT Register on live systems I have always gotten support through the ticket system and they are always improving the system. Since 2011 I can't tell you how many new features they have implemented.
I thought to write a review today because I put a ticket in yesterday and it was answered and fixed within a few hours!!! Nathan was very knowledgeable and helpful.
DT Register has been around for a long time and them making DT Register Joomla 3 compatible is huge! Take all the reviews with a grain of salt - we're sticking with them and we've tried many different registration systems over the years. Even after trying different components we always go live with DT Register - the other systems just can't cut it and don't have all the functionality that DT Register provides.
The support is lacking since we originally deployed this product years ago. Several days or in one case weeks before a response was received.
They will offer to install the product for you when they have problems, but I recommend checking the community forums for faster assistance.
If you need not DISAPOINT YOUR CLIENT OR USERSplease keep off from this extension
But here they start the issues. Too many features and many new are being added with each release, but each new release comes with many bugs (new introduced or older are not been resolved).
The worst is that the support has become unresponsive with Tickets or Forums posts stay unanswered for weeks, and for bugs that are affecting the basic functionality of the extension.
I find this to be very annoying and unacceptable for a product for which someones pays to get support - and this isn't the cheapest of the extensions.
I was patiently waiting for the support and the development team to come with a solution, but there is almost a month now and there is no solution neither responses.
My client is angry with this and I think I am going to loose him because his business is based on this extension and all they get are issues. They do not accept to pay me extra money to try to fix something that they already have paid for and expect to work.
As said, great product, great features with potential but stay away if you need an extension that will work with no issues out of the box or if you are expecting a responsive support when you need it.
It truly has a lot of potential.
That said i found a bug that stoops me from using it as i can't select events.
It has been reported but the support is not existing. No answers at all.
I am dissapppointed as it isn't the cheapest extension. Not recomended if you want to use it right now.
We started having issues with setting up events a few weeks ago, and while support started with a quick answer of "we need to have a senior developer look at it" there's been nothing since then. 2 weeks of no answer is not acceptable for a commercial product.
I work in the software industry and if we did this to our customers they would no longer be our customers. While I understand that a new company bought the product and are doing their best to move it forward, the lack of support is something that needs to be addressed first.
I am now having to look at alternatives because we are 2 weeks behind on offering registrations to our customers. For a small business like ours this is a disaster!
The product itself is really good once you get it going. It's the support when you don't have it running that's the issue... Hopefully they can clear this up and I'll be happy to append my review!
The customer was migrating from 1.5 and didn't follow the instructions that are in the readme file. They were supposed to upgrade to the latest 1.5 version before installing the 2.5 version. We repaired their database to add in the missing fields and they are running now. We also have modified our install on 2.5/3.0 to take into account situations where someone doesn't follow the upgrade instructions.
I would not use this on a tight deadline.
He has been a good client and I am disappointed in this review. He reported an issue with a 3rd party product called IE Tester. This product is supposed to emulate different versions of Internet Explorer. We tested his issues on actual different versions of Internet Explorer and couldn't replicate the problem and I told him that IE Tester has a bug.
His response was: "I hunted down an older machine and the error didn't show in that browser. I guess it is an issue with IE Tester."
This review was based on a bug in a 3rd party product and not on an issue with our software.