- Joomla 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5 / 3.0 support
- Authorize.net, PayPal, PayPal Pro, Google Checkout, WorldPay, Quickbooks (QBMS), Sage, eWay, Saferpay, PSiGate, PayFast, USA ePay, TransFirst, Korta, iDeal, Moneris & offline payment options
- Paid and Free events
- Community Builder integration w/ plugin for showing registration history
- JomSocial Integration w/ plugins for showing registration history and activity
- Auto Joomla user creation options
- Built-in Calendar with OPTIONAL Jevents sync
- Frontend Management with extensive permissions structure
- Multiple Event Registration with one payment and cart feature
- Repeating event support
- Auto Email Reminders & Follow ups run via cron job (J2.5)
- Event image option for listing and calendar
- Multi-language support with JoomFish or Falang
- Frontend User Panel where users can view registration history, edit records, make payments, and cancel registrations
- UNLIMITED Fields giving more capability by far than anything else including fee changes
- Conditional custom fields - display dynamically based on other user field choices
- Auto-generated Confirmation Number with Barcode support
- Prerequisite Events - limit registration based on other events
- Attendance Check
- 4 Status options for each record: Active, Pending, Cancelled, Waiting
- Partial Payment/Deposit support with fixed amounts or minimums
- Archive Management
- Overlapping Date/Time Check to prevent users from double-booking themselves
- Timezone display options
- Private/Public events
- Discount/Coupon Codes
- Auto Tax calculation options
- Associate Joomla articles to an event for more details
- Location Manager w/ Google Maps
- Attach files to user confirmation emails
- Two-level Category structure
- Event Copy Function
- Event capacity w/ Waiting List
- Early Bird Discounts & Late Fees
- ability to allow users to upload files
- 8 Color packages of buttons
- Member Discounts ($ amount or %)
- Ability for setting up multiple pay options based on user selection of custom form elements
- Individual and/or Group Registration
- WYSIWYG editor for all customizable messages & emails
- Registration Cut-off / Open Dates
- Multi-category support for events (3.0)
- Support for more than 1 event moderator (2.5 and 3.0)
- Terms & Conditions
- Custom Emails to registrants using tags to pull in data (global or event-specific)
- Manual Registration support for offline registrations
- CAPTCHA support
- Module for listing Upcoming Events
- Plugin for embedding registration links in articles
- Customizable CSV export of records by event(s)
- Translations provided for: Arabic, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Free updates for one year!
- Additional paid plugins available for: MailChimp integration; I
Support has been excellent - only a couple of glitches in all this time. This last one is a strange glitch, but Nathan got everything working again.
As far as the component itself it is very full featured with everything you would want with event registration including many payment gateways, ability to offer events free, e-mail handling, integration with several other components including jomsocial. I really like it because it is so very flexible - you can set things up various ways to meet your site and aesthetics needs.
I heard that it's going to get even better soon.
I thank them for continuing to support Joomla 1.5 as some of us have such large sites with so many extensions that upgrading has to wait until a better time of year to upgrade.
Thanks so much for creating and continuing to improve a fantastic component!
I had a couple of install issues and setup questions. Nathan made some simple suggestion and pointed me to the training videos.
Once the form was setup I had a server config issue with they promptly identified and helped me fix.
This user has been assisted in multiple tickets, mostly on the same day. In two tickets, there was a brief delay, which had good reason on our end. This was explained to the user, and more importantly, the question and issues were quickly resolved. Thanks.
This is by far the best event booking component I have seen, with so many options that cover everything you can think of for an event booking system. I didn't even have to contact the developer about some minor inquiries during the configuration, as they were solved by a five-minute browsing at the forum.
Highly recommended to anyone.
I work in a learning technologies office and use Joomla for various help documentation and online staff professional development. We were in need of an online registration solution for our In-Service Professional Development sessions so I suggested that we schmooze the Extensions directory and add something to our Joomla site. Our PD sessions are no-charge and on-campus events so really, this extension was a bit too much for our current needs; on the other hand, DT Register is so flexible and robust that we decided to buy it so we can expand our offerings in the future.
More importantly, we believe that often, you not buying a product -- you are really paying for the technical support. Nathan and his team have been absolutely amazing to deal with and have answered every single, random question. Yes, they have even politely pointed out the obvious things I shouldn't of missed. :-)
I have yet to run into an installation problem or issue with the GUI that wasn't related to the end-user not reading the screen (yes, me -- skimming not reading). And have not been able to find any "glitches" in the extension. Finally, this is the only extension I have worked with that did not require extensive modification of the PHP or CSS files. Which, I believe deserves a pat on the back.
My only word of caution to those who may be "new" to Joomla and the extension world -- is to ensure that you spend plenty of time, before implementing the registration module live on production, reviewing each tab and the configurations etc. The extension is so robust, if you are like me and only need it for free events there are a lot of items to turn off.
The only change/revision I would suggest for this extension would be to change the default font colour for calendar view to black. Alternatively, it would be nice to give the end-user a choice on font colour. In our site, when you review the calendar from the front end, each event appears with a coloured background based on it's respective category. The font in the calendar is white. Because of this, the events are hard to read.
Overall well done on this extension!
Note that DT Register doesn't use the "ticket" type system that other components (or event brite) use, but it has fee fields and conditional fields, which can basically take care of most needs (including a new conditional option where you can hide fields for groups of X number, giving you the ability to hide things like fee fields when your group rates kick in). In addition, the developer will add features at a reasonable price and (if you are okay with it) roll them into the commercial release (the benefit being that you aren't stuck with a fully custom build, you can keep on upgrading as other new features are added-AND you help the community as a whole).
One of the newest additions is the ability to put registrants of certain events into groups-this allowed us to sell premium webcast access per event (older versions used 1 joomla group for the entire system).
New features are in the pipeline and this component will continue to get better and better. If you're looking for a solid event system with the option to purchase customizations at a reasonable price then look no further.
I did have a tiny problem which was related to my template. I raise an enquirey on the DTH forum and got a fast response which was very helpful.
I feel confident in totally recommending this extension.
Many thanks to DTH
I was very happy to discover that DTRegister handled all my requirements out of the box. It is VERY full-featured, I don't think there are any other extensions out there that have as many features.
Because there are so many features, it may take a little more work to understand how it all works at the beginning but in their most recent version they have cleaned up the interface, so even that is easier.
Also, I have not attended one yet, but I see on twitter that they regularly host workshops for training on the extension and also in the extension interface have links to video tutorials. So even though it is a fairly complex system they have made lots of training options available.
I was impressed when I ran into some limitation with the formatting of the dates that when I submitted that as a request they first gave me a workaround option and then included my requested feature in the next version. They release new versions on a fairly regular basis so it is obvious that this extensions is under active development and constant improvement.
Since the extension uses MVC structure it does allow you to heavily modify the output which adds a lot of flexibility to an already very flexible extension.
So if you need a full-featured events extension that has a lot of configuration options, I think this is the best one on the market.
This component is very flexible and easy to use. I am pleased to find something that will serve our sports association well.
I placed support tickets for my issues and the pattern seemed to be that the "easy" ones were answered (selecting-deselecting feature buttons for example) and the others that apparently required a bit more on their part were not.
Based on what I have read here in the review section, any negative responses in this area are immediately answered and defended somehow, so maybe these comments will get someone's attention.
I've since abandoned DT Register in favor on another extension that so far has had great support and even though it isn't everything "out of the box" as is true with DT Register, I am able to implement it more smoothly that the DT Register product.
This user had 4 support issues. Three of them were responded to the same day and dealt with. ONE of them fell through the cracks and did not get answered. It was certainly not intentional. A 1-star for this does not seem fair at all. We have contacted the user and are trying to resolve the remaining issue for them.
I asked some questions regarding how to create certain tiered prices on an event. The developer responded right away and mentioned that we were in need of upgrading the version of DT Register. We did that and immediately after we could no longer access the events portion of the DT Register.
I contacted the developer on 01/24/2012 and have continued to leave desperate messages for help along with the error code that keeps coming up on my site. After 5 messages to him I still have not had a single response.
I would appreciate some response, such as, I'm trying to figure it out...something. But I have not heard anything.
We HAVE been working with this user. The problem they are having has come down to being caused mainly by a poor web host. We are working through some changes to help though. We had been helping this user prior to this review, then there was a long delay in response from their side, then they replied again on a ticket multiple times in the same day and we were not able to get back immediately.
I have found the developer extremely responsive to questions and there is an active support forum for those with questions and suggestions for future improvements.
For me, the product worked "straight out of the box" ... but I have chosen to make some minor cosmetic amendments in the back end to make it even more suitable for my needs.
Thank you for a great extension. I predict it will only get better in the future. :)
some great features that I love:
1. The ability to customize fields to be conditional, this works very well, you can have a drop down list, and based on the selections have other fields appear to give even more selection options.
2. Add price amounts to fields, this is a great feature that i think only DT Register has, so for an event to easily change the price of the event this can be done with one of the custom fields.
3. Great support, any time I have had a problem I have submitted either a help ticket or a forum entry, and if a bug was found a new release was available within days fixing the bug.
We are currently using DT Register on our joomlacamp registration.
I have also used it on synagogue sites, camp fair registration sites and more...
DTH advise the best way to ask for help is via their support ticket system but submitting the form returns "Forbidden Access". This seems to have been happening for a while now. It is very frustrating not being able to communicate with an extension author after they have taken your money.
After receiving no response in the forums for 12 days in regard to a post-purchase Joomla 1.7 plugin compatibility issue, I wrote a follow up post asking if a negative review in JED would help with getting some attention. The follow up post was promptly censored (not cool!) but it did elicit the required response. It turned out that the plugin was not compatible with Joomla 1.7 and the web page was updated fairly quickly to reflect this. DTH Development say they will update the plugin as soon as possible. Thank-you.
The form validation on some of the fields on the add event form was broken and it literally took hours pouring over the forums to figure out the mandatory fields and what was required just to successfully save an event. A new version has been released that apparently fixes these issues. Thank-you.
An event must have an end time and date. This may suit some clients but will not work for all events for my particular client.
To disable registration for a particular event, you must set the "Registration Open Date" to any date after the event. This works, but judging from the number of confused users in the forums, it's not just me that finds this unintuitive.
Installing the new version requires uninstalling the old version. Event data and configuration are preserved but most other extensions I am using these days are happy to be installed over the top of the existing extension.
I try to do my bit with supporting the extensions I use and have fixed broken code in some of the modules and shared the changes back on the forums. Unfortunately this has been ignored and the changes have not been included in the latest release. This means I have to reapply these fixes each time I upgrade the extension.
If you buy a DTH product in good faith expecting it to work out of the box and it doesn't, it would seem reasonable to ask for a refund. Unfortunately, the refund policy on the DTH website states that you have to give them up to 30 days to fix the issue before they will consider issuing a refund. This is not ideal if you want to try a competing product before your project deadline expires.
To be fair, DTH do offer a demo website so you can try out their products before you buy. I saw so many positive reviews here that I didn't try out the demo as thoroughly as I should have. Don't make the same mistake as me.
I suspect that some of these problems are teething issues associated with recent updates for Joomla 1.7 and 2.5. Hopefully the product will settle down again and reflect the majority positive reviews found here.
Hate to see this review, but I appreciate the attempt to be fair :) Couple of comments:
- the ticket system is highly active from both directions every day. Not sure why you are having problems, but we haven't had other reports of that recently.
- the plugin issue mentioned here was not updated for 1.7 as the user said... but to clarify, this is NOT talking about the component DT Register. This portion of the review really should not even be here as it's for a separate plugin. DT Register itself works just fine in 1.7/2.5.
- validation warnings were not showing in the version the user had when saving the event. There are no issues here. Saving an event is simple... issue for this user was not entering a valid start/end date for the event.
- DT Register DOES work out of the box. And whenever an issue comes up, it is quickly resolved. Is it a perfect fit for every site? Of course not. No extension is. However, no other events extension gives the depth that DT does and is as customizable, so it will fit just about any need. Thanks.
DTregister offers front end and backend event management-- which is great for my client, and they find it very intuitive, which makes my life easier.