- Joomla 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5 / 3.1 support
- Authorize.net, PayPal, PayPal Pro, Google Checkout, WorldPay, Quickbooks (QBMS), Sage, eWay, Saferpay, PSiGate, PayFast, USA ePay, TransFirst, Korta, iDeal, Moneris & offline payment options
- Paid and Free events
- Community Builder integration w/ plugin for showing registration history
- JomSocial Integration w/ plugins for showing registration history and activity
- Auto Joomla user creation options
- Built-in Calendar with OPTIONAL Jevents sync
- Frontend Management with extensive permissions structure
- Multiple Event Registration with one payment and cart feature
- Repeating event support
- Auto Email Reminders & Follow ups run via cron job (J2.5)
- Event image option for listing and calendar
- Multi-language support with JoomFish or Falang
- Frontend User Panel where users can view registration history, edit records, make payments, and cancel registrations
- UNLIMITED Fields giving more capability by far than anything else including fee changes
- Conditional custom fields - display dynamically based on other user field choices
- Auto-generated Confirmation Number with Barcode support
- Prerequisite Events - limit registration based on other events
- Attendance Check
- 4 Status options for each record: Active, Pending, Cancelled, Waiting
- Partial Payment/Deposit support with fixed amounts or minimums
- Archive Management
- Overlapping Date/Time Check to prevent users from double-booking themselves
- Timezone display options
- Private/Public events
- Discount/Coupon Codes
- Auto Tax calculation options
- Associate Joomla articles to an event for more details
- Location Manager w/ Google Maps
- Attach files to user confirmation emails
- Two-level Category structure
- Event Copy Function
- Event capacity w/ Waiting List
- Early Bird Discounts & Late Fees
- ability to allow users to upload files
- 8 Color packages of buttons
- Member Discounts ($ amount or %)
- Ability for setting up multiple pay options based on user selection of custom form elements
- Individual and/or Group Registration
- WYSIWYG editor for all customizable messages & emails
- Registration Cut-off / Open Dates
- Multi-category support for events (3.0)
- Support for more than 1 event moderator (2.5 and 3.0)
- Prioritize event moderators
- Terms & Conditions
- Custom Emails to registrants using tags to pull in data (global or event-specific)
- Manual Registration support for offline registrations
- CAPTCHA support
- Module for listing Upcoming Events
- Plugin for embedding registration links in articles
- Customizable CSV export of records by event(s)
- Translations provided for: Arabic, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Free updates for one year!
- Additional paid plugins availabl
Product itself still greatly exceeds my continuously growing needs.
Developer's support via ticketing system is very professional and, I must say, the reaction speed with an advice "what and how" is almost unbelievable.
I am really very happy user of DT Register.
There support is amazing and quick responder and also ability to resolve any kind of issues in timely manner.
I have no other words to say Just Perfect and 100 out of 100.
God Bless u DTH Team!
- Although it is possible to strip down the frontend editing forms, you have to pay attention which tabs you are going to remove as some tabs are absolutely necessary for the use of DTRegister. And this then needs a lot of training for inexperienced clients (speak users).
- The major blow is, that this extension is ABSOLUTELY not multilanguage capable. Although you can use it in any single language environment you can think of, you will never be able to use it on a multilanguage site. (I am only speaking for the proper J2.5 multilanguage setting, as there is no need for joomfish anymore in J2.5). So be warned if you are going to use this extension in a multilanguage setting!
If the above points do not concern you, then it is absolutely the right choice: very nice, and feature-rich registration extension, easily configurable, and template overrides available for every single view!
1) You can modify layout of any page, you just can't remove vital sections of code :)
2) Multi-language support is now included in DT Register with Falang integration!
My favorite features:
- multiple and configurable display options
- connect register now button to articles or JEvent entries
- takes advantage of Joomla permissions to allow multiple users to manage selected aspects (like csv exports only)
- FRONT END management
- paid AND unpaid events, making DT REGISTER the only calendar you need
- video tutorials
- live webinars
- ongoing development
DT REGISTER is a snap to install and get running. I'm an experienced Joomla builder but no coder. When I was considering some coding for customization, support pointed out where I could change settings to get the display I wanted.
DT REGISTER is so powerful and complex, I highly recommend reading the documentation, which is excellent. I've also viewed several of their video tutorials and participated in a webinar. That was the most helpful - Nathan was able to answer specific questions.
Simple events are easy to set up; complex events require more time, thought and study, but turn out to be a smooth experience for the end-user.
The only things DT REGISTER doesn't do are print the nametags, and walk the dog.
Well worth the very reasonable price!
I purchased DT Register 2 weeks ago for our new website of a non-profit making association. The installation was trouble-free, but I needed a lot of time to understand the complexity of this component and to understand how to configure my events properly. So, DT Register is nothing for amateurs. The price is outstanding and you get all the options you need to manage your events. And DT Register gives your website a professional looking design. This component simply works. The support is also superb.
But there are also some minor issues which cost's this component the medal of honor:
1. It's currently not possible for our publishers to manage the bookings for an event from the frontend. Hope that better frontend management for DT Register comes in future versions... What is definitively missing, is a printable list of the bookings for a specific event from the frontend. Or did I oversee something here?
2. More styling options for the fontsize/fontstyle or colors for the frontend output of the module/component would be appreciated for the future versions.
3. Our association has a very complex table of cancelation charges (storno) for canceling events for groups/single persons which depends on the week/day when the cancellation is submitted to us. I can only setup a single date for cancellation fees.
4. And lastly, if I could buy a mini calendar module for the component, I would be on the top of the moon.
Nevertheless, DT Register is the best event registration component for Joomla! I found on the net and worth the money you pay for it.
Stefan, thanks for the thorough review! I wanted to point out a couple things though...
1) Full frontend records management will be in the 2.8 version, to be released this week!!
2) You can already access customizable CSV exports via the frontend of records, which you can of course load and print from any spreadsheet program (Excel, Numbers, etc).
3. The styling of fonts, colors, etc can all be easily modified via the main CSS file of the component. Just ask if you need help with specific items or elements and we'll point you to what and where to modify.
However, the way that DT Register ties user field values to registrants prevents the successful execution of edits to live fields (notably drop down menus) and thus skews all existing registrant data. DT Register offered no support on this issue and instead told us that we would have to manually fix all existing records.
If you need to edit fields throughout the live registration process, this is not the software for you. Otherwise, it works.
We offered this user support for this issue by fully explaining the way things work, what they had done, and two routes to correct it. Unfortunately, the results of the changes they made were not something we could fix... it wasn't a bug or anything like that... just data that they had gotten mixed around.
To make this clear for others... DT Register DOES allow you to make changes to your fields and registration forms during a live registration process. The potential issue is when you do anything to modify the ORDERING of values in a selection field. You can ADD values during live registration, just don't re-order existing ones and it's a non-issue.
This has been discussed in detail in a few threads on our forum, so it's not anything new. The existing structure, as with anything, has pros and cons. This is not a con that would even be an issue for the vast majority of sites. Out of the many thousands of DT Register users, this has come up so infrequently that we could count the instances on one hand over many years. This is just a matter of gaining understanding of a structure and working within it. :)
If this is something you have a concern for, please discuss it with us as you look at setting up your event. Most likely there is a better way to structure your form where you could get around this potential issue. Our fields are multiple times more flexible and powerful than any other solution... so there is always more than one solution to any event setup!
The support team is really great and for $75, it's truly a steal. We tried other free event registration extensions before going paid and they couldn't do a fraction of what DT Register can.
On the rare occasion when I find something that doesn't work and have to contact Nathan for support, he usually responds the same day with the solution... to what so far has been my errors, not the component's.
If you manage events, this is the thing to use, very configurable, reliable and with a wide variety of payment gateways that make e-commerce easy.
I spend an enormous amount of time assessing many extensions both free and paid to better determine the needs of my clients and put my mind completely at rest whenever event registration is a requested add-on.
DTRegister is incredibly customizable with an enormous set of configurable features.
Nathan and his team have updated this extension on a regular basis, kept up with Joomla's versions and listened to users feature requests. Case in point was adding automated email reminders during its last update.
Support is fast and the forum is actively monitored. They have some useful video tutorials and periodically run webinars!
My only minor gripe is the front end calendar view. I wish it could adopt the look and feel of the websites' template more or have other templates to choose from. CSS tweaking is the only choice for the time being. Hoping to see this tackled soon.
Overall great product - Keep up it up!
I simply love this component. It has more features than anyone could ever need, and improves and expands with the constant upgrades. Support is superb and I struggle to find any negatives.
Keep up the good work, you're worth every penny!
Support has been excellent - only a couple of glitches in all this time. This last one is a strange glitch, but Nathan got everything working again.
As far as the component itself it is very full featured with everything you would want with event registration including many payment gateways, ability to offer events free, e-mail handling, integration with several other components including jomsocial. I really like it because it is so very flexible - you can set things up various ways to meet your site and aesthetics needs.
I heard that it's going to get even better soon.
I thank them for continuing to support Joomla 1.5 as some of us have such large sites with so many extensions that upgrading has to wait until a better time of year to upgrade.
Thanks so much for creating and continuing to improve a fantastic component!
I had a couple of install issues and setup questions. Nathan made some simple suggestion and pointed me to the training videos.
Once the form was setup I had a server config issue with they promptly identified and helped me fix.
This user has been assisted in multiple tickets, mostly on the same day. In two tickets, there was a brief delay, which had good reason on our end. This was explained to the user, and more importantly, the question and issues were quickly resolved. Thanks.
This is by far the best event booking component I have seen, with so many options that cover everything you can think of for an event booking system. I didn't even have to contact the developer about some minor inquiries during the configuration, as they were solved by a five-minute browsing at the forum.
Highly recommended to anyone.
I work in a learning technologies office and use Joomla for various help documentation and online staff professional development. We were in need of an online registration solution for our In-Service Professional Development sessions so I suggested that we schmooze the Extensions directory and add something to our Joomla site. Our PD sessions are no-charge and on-campus events so really, this extension was a bit too much for our current needs; on the other hand, DT Register is so flexible and robust that we decided to buy it so we can expand our offerings in the future.
More importantly, we believe that often, you not buying a product -- you are really paying for the technical support. Nathan and his team have been absolutely amazing to deal with and have answered every single, random question. Yes, they have even politely pointed out the obvious things I shouldn't of missed. :-)
I have yet to run into an installation problem or issue with the GUI that wasn't related to the end-user not reading the screen (yes, me -- skimming not reading). And have not been able to find any "glitches" in the extension. Finally, this is the only extension I have worked with that did not require extensive modification of the PHP or CSS files. Which, I believe deserves a pat on the back.
My only word of caution to those who may be "new" to Joomla and the extension world -- is to ensure that you spend plenty of time, before implementing the registration module live on production, reviewing each tab and the configurations etc. The extension is so robust, if you are like me and only need it for free events there are a lot of items to turn off.
The only change/revision I would suggest for this extension would be to change the default font colour for calendar view to black. Alternatively, it would be nice to give the end-user a choice on font colour. In our site, when you review the calendar from the front end, each event appears with a coloured background based on it's respective category. The font in the calendar is white. Because of this, the events are hard to read.
Overall well done on this extension!
Note that DT Register doesn't use the "ticket" type system that other components (or event brite) use, but it has fee fields and conditional fields, which can basically take care of most needs (including a new conditional option where you can hide fields for groups of X number, giving you the ability to hide things like fee fields when your group rates kick in). In addition, the developer will add features at a reasonable price and (if you are okay with it) roll them into the commercial release (the benefit being that you aren't stuck with a fully custom build, you can keep on upgrading as other new features are added-AND you help the community as a whole).
One of the newest additions is the ability to put registrants of certain events into groups-this allowed us to sell premium webcast access per event (older versions used 1 joomla group for the entire system).
New features are in the pipeline and this component will continue to get better and better. If you're looking for a solid event system with the option to purchase customizations at a reasonable price then look no further.