- Joomla 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5 / 3.1 support
- Authorize.net, PayPal, PayPal Pro, Google Checkout, WorldPay, Quickbooks (QBMS), Sage, eWay, Saferpay, PSiGate, PayFast, USA ePay, TransFirst, Korta, iDeal, Moneris & offline payment options
- Paid and Free events
- Community Builder integration w/ plugin for showing registration history
- JomSocial Integration w/ plugins for showing registration history and activity
- Auto Joomla user creation options
- Built-in Calendar with OPTIONAL Jevents sync
- Frontend Management with extensive permissions structure
- Multiple Event Registration with one payment and cart feature
- Repeating event support
- Auto Email Reminders & Follow ups run via cron job (J2.5)
- Event image option for listing and calendar
- Multi-language support with JoomFish or Falang
- Frontend User Panel where users can view registration history, edit records, make payments, and cancel registrations
- UNLIMITED Fields giving more capability by far than anything else including fee changes
- Conditional custom fields - display dynamically based on other user field choices
- Auto-generated Confirmation Number with Barcode support
- Prerequisite Events - limit registration based on other events
- Attendance Check
- 4 Status options for each record: Active, Pending, Cancelled, Waiting
- Partial Payment/Deposit support with fixed amounts or minimums
- Archive Management
- Overlapping Date/Time Check to prevent users from double-booking themselves
- Timezone display options
- Private/Public events
- Discount/Coupon Codes
- Auto Tax calculation options
- Associate Joomla articles to an event for more details
- Location Manager w/ Google Maps
- Attach files to user confirmation emails
- Two-level Category structure
- Event Copy Function
- Event capacity w/ Waiting List
- Early Bird Discounts & Late Fees
- ability to allow users to upload files
- 8 Color packages of buttons
- Member Discounts ($ amount or %)
- Ability for setting up multiple pay options based on user selection of custom form elements
- Individual and/or Group Registration
- WYSIWYG editor for all customizable messages & emails
- Registration Cut-off / Open Dates
- Multi-category support for events (3.0)
- Support for more than 1 event moderator (2.5 and 3.0)
- Prioritize event moderators
- Terms & Conditions
- Custom Emails to registrants using tags to pull in data (global or event-specific)
- Manual Registration support for offline registrations
- CAPTCHA support
- Module for listing Upcoming Events
- Plugin for embedding registration links in articles
- Customizable CSV export of records by event(s)
- Translations provided for: Arabic, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Free updates for one year!
- Additional paid plugins availabl
I understand that they have been backed up on support tickets, but it has been over three weeks and I have not received assistance. I have been delayed from going live and have wasted $75 and a month's worth of possible business opportunities.
This user had submitted a ticket that WAS responded to right away. Then after some additional replies by the user, the ticket did fall through the cracks admittedly. We're not perfect :) She did send an email asking about the delay, which resulted in us digging out the ticket and responding right away. Unfortunately, she posted this review at the same time before finding our reply that her issue had been fixed and announced on our site and forum a couple weeks earlier. She did not pay attention to the announcements which would have helped. We apologized for the delay on the notification, but as with any issue that arises, we address it quickly and update the component very frequently. Thanks.
This is the best Event Manager out their in my honest opinion, as we had trialled a fair few before ending up with DT Register . I have nothing at all bad to say about this component as it does everything you want and more . Once you learn your way around, the possibilities are endless and coming off the 2.6 version which has always been reported as one of the best , these guys had to keep the new version in the same stead .
These guys have been working flat out trying to keep up with all the fixes , but to their credit, every fix has been perfect . And there upgrade process is a simple . Un-install , re-install and re link your menus . Can't be simpler .
I would recommend this to anyone looking for the best event manager out . Don't waste your time with others , Trust me ...we did.
After a 2 day sign on event this weekend with over $100 000 taken in registrations going off without a hitch , Well , You can see why I am happy .
Great Software , Great forum Support and a Great Team :D
So why one star? The latest upgrade, version 2.7, is nonfunctional. Bugs I experienced included:
* public registration not working
* 'pay later' registration not working
* no email confirmation of registration
* registration records did not show up in the back end
I had assumed the paypal info we set up previously would still be good, but the test paypal address they use by default belongs to someone else – thankfully our test registrant could reverse charges.
This 'upgrade' has been nothing but a headache. Even so, if I had received a timely response to my support tickets, I wouldn't be writing now. With 2.6, I received an answer within 24 hours; now it's been three business days gone by with no answer. There's a message on their site that says, 'We are still backed up on tickets so your continued patience is much appreciated,' so obviously I'm not the only one with issues.
The message for the latest patch says, 'As many of you know, the initial 2.7 release was a bit bumpy for many users. I think we fell to the massive pressure from so many users to release it and ended up releasing just a little too early.' Unfortunately, it still has issues and 'bumpy' is an understatement: this release does not work, period. I now have to find another solution and do not recommend DT Register at this time.
This review is completely false. I'm addressing it with the user and suggested that they contact the JED team to get the chance to fix it. The only part that was true is that it had been 3 days to reply to her ticket. True, we are behind currently, but working non-stop and have been addressing known 2.7 issues in a very quick manner. The package is definitely stable as seen by the many other people using it just fine. The user's ticket has been answered and it was a list of showing her that none of her problems were actual bugs. She just did not have anything configured.
1) She was not even using the latest package. We've released 3 bug release packages since what she had, yet she failed to update. We post all updates in our forum, Twitter, Facebook, Joomla People's site, etc. The forum shows full details of what is addressed in each update.
2) She clearly did not take advantage of our updated video tutorials which clearly describe all of the items that she has failed to setup. Everything she named in this review is due to HER mistake. Not bugs. This equals a completely invalid review.
3) Even the paypal issue she mentioned is false. DT Register does not ever load a default email address into paypal settings. Obviously, that would be bad practice. The address she said was there is totally unfamiliar to us and in no possible way came from us. Someone on their end would have had to have changed it.
This user clearly has made no efforts to learn about the many improvements in 2.7 which are provided in tutorials or our regularly offered live training webinars. I'm helping her through, but this review has no basis.
The relationship between JEvents and DT Register gave me just that, in a highly integrated yet very separate interface. (NOTE: 2.7 no longer requires JEvents, but it's what I need.)
When my needs became far more complex and I began to require complex pricing options for groups and individuals, I turned to the new 2.7 version with outstanding success as the Extra Fields revamp allows Change Fee fields.
PROS: Complexity and Flexibility. And amazing Support Ticket system. I got a response at MIDNIGHT ON NEW YEARS EVE!!! Two days later they fixed a bug in my install.
CONS: Complexity. This is tricky to explain to a client. 1. You can set up variable fees in the fields but the fee format is x|x|x|y, where x and y's are fees for different options. It's VERY complex, but must be for it's power. 2. Having to categorize events twice - once in JEvents and once in DT Register, why not sync?
Pros: Ease of use, very stable, great new features. Great support.
Cons: Can't really think of any - if I had any issues I guess I would list them here - but it's been very reliable to date.
The developers at DT keep their ears finely tuned to customer requests and are continually adding new features and updates.
Customer support from DT is FANTASTIC!!! Most of the time I'm able to maintain and update our system on my own (I'm a new-ish/intermediate joomla! user), but I really messed things up with the most recent upgrade. The developer directly went into my site, brought things back up, and fixed the upgrade.
I've also sat in on his webinars before - he takes such care to make sure that users will have a great experience with the product.
DT Register is very user friendly and allows for very flexible custom field management. I just can't say enough good things about DT Register. If you have questions - help is available from the friendly DT folks. If you would like to see a specific feature, they listen and work on getting things into future updates.
Two thumbs up!
The upgrades keep on coming, look no further!
If all Developers coded to this caliber, Microsoft would be out of business!
There have been a few rough edges here and there, but it is actively being developed and moved forward all the time.
Due to the sheer volume of options you have, it can be a little daunting to configure at first, but I'd rather have those options and go through setting it up than not.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone that needs an event registration system on their site.
Also, the cost is minimal for what you get. A year of support and updates and almost instant responses to your trouble tickets. Awesome stuff.
After reviewing the features with my client, we decided to give it a try and it has been a very worthwhile experience.
The installation process is clean. Configuration is simple to follow. We linked to the calendar without any issues.
A server glitch on our end caused a problem during an upgrade and within hours we had the answer to our questions and were able to get the site operational again within a day.
For the cost of this component, the value is superb. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to V2.7.
Thanks for the kind words. Glad all is working well for you! Yes, we put out updates about once per month on average as we are highly active with adding new features and improving anything we find that needs it! You wouldn't have to upgrade every time though unless you need or want something in the newest releases. ;)
I need to allow parents to RSVP for luncheons, and optionally buy lunches, I need parents to register for seminars, etc. DT Register is perfect for that.
I have had some parents have issues with other form tools on our Joomla site, but DT Register has been very solid.
Its only flaw is that it could use some improved layouts, and graphics, but in terms of functionality, it's great.
I am three quarters of the way through a site build and realised i am now using extra functions I hadn't initially thought of.
Great flexible functionality. Smooth set up.