- Joomla 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5 / 3.1 support
- Authorize.net, PayPal, PayPal Pro, Google Checkout, WorldPay, Quickbooks (QBMS), Sage, eWay, Saferpay, PSiGate, PayFast, USA ePay, TransFirst, Korta, iDeal, Moneris & offline payment options
- Paid and Free events
- Community Builder integration w/ plugin for showing registration history
- JomSocial Integration w/ plugins for showing registration history and activity
- Auto Joomla user creation options
- Built-in Calendar with OPTIONAL Jevents sync
- Frontend Management with extensive permissions structure
- Multiple Event Registration with one payment and cart feature
- Repeating event support
- Auto Email Reminders & Follow ups run via cron job (J2.5)
- Event image option for listing and calendar
- Multi-language support with JoomFish or Falang
- Frontend User Panel where users can view registration history, edit records, make payments, and cancel registrations
- UNLIMITED Fields giving more capability by far than anything else including fee changes
- Conditional custom fields - display dynamically based on other user field choices
- Auto-generated Confirmation Number with Barcode support
- Prerequisite Events - limit registration based on other events
- Attendance Check
- 4 Status options for each record: Active, Pending, Cancelled, Waiting
- Partial Payment/Deposit support with fixed amounts or minimums
- Archive Management
- Overlapping Date/Time Check to prevent users from double-booking themselves
- Timezone display options
- Private/Public events
- Discount/Coupon Codes
- Auto Tax calculation options
- Associate Joomla articles to an event for more details
- Location Manager w/ Google Maps
- Attach files to user confirmation emails
- Two-level Category structure
- Event Copy Function
- Event capacity w/ Waiting List
- Early Bird Discounts & Late Fees
- ability to allow users to upload files
- 8 Color packages of buttons
- Member Discounts ($ amount or %)
- Ability for setting up multiple pay options based on user selection of custom form elements
- Individual and/or Group Registration
- WYSIWYG editor for all customizable messages & emails
- Registration Cut-off / Open Dates
- Multi-category support for events (3.0)
- Support for more than 1 event moderator (2.5 and 3.0)
- Prioritize event moderators
- Terms & Conditions
- Custom Emails to registrants using tags to pull in data (global or event-specific)
- Manual Registration support for offline registrations
- CAPTCHA support
- Module for listing Upcoming Events
- Plugin for embedding registration links in articles
- Customizable CSV export of records by event(s)
- Translations provided for: Arabic, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Free updates for one year!
- Additional paid plugins availabl
It installs easily, works right out of the box, works with Joomfish to translate everything, and it is easy to use on the back end. You an customize it to fit your needs (additional fields, email to participants, etc)
What is decisive is the top-class support of the developers (both in the Forum and in the individual support), that leaves no questions open and they do this within a reasonable time. Even if you have something urgent, you can always send an SOS message and they will take care of it.
The developers are also sensitive to suggestions from users, and in my short time as customer they have incorporated several features of the wish list on their website.
Excellent service and an excellent component, in permanent improvement. One can hardly ask for more.
I had the DT team build me a custom gateway to my bank and it is working flawlessly. If you need an event component that works without fail. You will not have to waist your time anywhere else!
The quality of the extension, the support and the features are of the highest quality. I will be using DT Developments tools everywhere I need what they offer!
However, regardless of the options the user chooses, the price of the trip displayed to the user does not change and always displays the baseline price. The new price is only reflected AFTER the use hits "next" and the confirmation page is shown. This is less than ideal because then users have no idea how the selection of these options changes the price of their trip, and many of our users are surprised by the increase in price and frustrated that they had to go through the process before the new price is shown.
I think DT Register can enable the price displayed to change interactively based on user selection by using Silverlight/AJAX, not sure why this is not done because it seems like something that makes a lot of sense and fairly straightforward to implement.
Still, overall a solid product and constantly improviing.
Hello and thanks for the review. I wanted to point out that the 2.7 series of DT Register added a feature where the event price above the form changes dynamically through the registration process as any field selections are made that modify the price. Also, the confirmation page can now display a full breakdown of all included fees and discounts. Thanks!
The customer support is excellent! And they are constantly putting out updates and fixes to make this the best program! Highly recommend this component. I also purchased the Donate component!
Thanks and keep up the great work and support!
Payment processing is smooth and a bliss using it. Since component is in production we have neither received a single complaint of our client’s user nor of their administration.
Reporting is always an issue with most components and it will be because everyone has different requirements, still as mentioned earlier some basic reports accessible via front-end would give that component an additionally star.
On the other hand, some odd stuff comes along with it too. Likewise JEvent is required and uses only headline, date and time that increase administration steps unnecessarily at least as long as you are not using further JEvent functionality.
To overcome lack of front-end reporting we are using Logos Form and Report Manager ( LFRM ) to create all necessary front-end reports for our client. It turns out it might be the better choice anyway because of more flexibility and better professional services revenue.
Support forum is helpfully, ticketing services has some passion in case you overlooked functionality and opened ticket accidentally. Ticket response time is within acceptable time frame.
Then along came a high-profile, must-get-it-right, have-a-strong-admin-back-end event. I saw my career prospects dimming. I read good reviews of DT Register, did a lot of due diligence, bought the extension on Friday afternoon.
I had a test event mostly working by Tuesday morning. I hit a snag that led me to post on the forum. Nathan's quick response turned into a trouble ticket, turned into resolution by Tuesday afternoon.
We're still in test mode but so far both front end and back end are performing beyond expectations.
This extension is fantastic! Thank you guys :-)
From what I could tell, it was looking like I was going to have to look for another solution for online registration, but I shared my client's complex pricing structure with the support at DT Register, and Nathan spent a good amount of time giving me an in-depth response telling me multiple options I could choose to set up DT Register to work for this complicated pricing structure.
And in a few more minutes, I got everything set up and the client is very happy.
I highly recommend DT Register if you need to provide online event registration through your site.
Awesome software with top-notch support. It doesn't get much better.
I did have one thing I couldn't figure out and I had to email him and he got back to me right away with the solution.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to list their events.
THIS COMPONENT JUST ROCKS! As complex as my client's events are, I only had a couple minor questions. Both times, support received was fast and good from the community of users and the developers. Definitely the best registration component for Joomla.
Before I started I fired off numerous emails to the developer. Every one was answered with patience and clear responses extrememly quickly.
After a while I bit the bullet and paid for the extension.
I must say it is an excellently written extension with a number of add-ons to make it work just how I needed.
All questions emailed directly or even raised in the forum have been answered with impressive speed.
I am impressed with how the software integrates and some of the nice touches that simply do what you want them to.
DT Register is extrememly flexible and has many features I don't need yet but my customer has seen them and can see they will be useful for us in the future.
There is integration to Acajoom Newsletter and Community Builder.
NOTE : a helpful hint - install and set up Community Builder BEFORE DT Register to get the best installation route.
With Acajoom and the optional extra plugin ($15) every person registering for an event with automatically be added to the Acajoom newsletter list.
With Community Builder, every logged in user, when registering will have their details from Community Builder automatically filled in on the events registration form.
I am very impressed with the software and the support provided. Fantastic work.
Yes, there are some features that could be added (but will have to wait on the wish list) but overall, the product is pretty easy to use once you get acquainted to it. There are video tutorials so that helped out a lot and got me started right away.
And, the support is amazing! I've had my questions answered within the hour and all responses were super detailed.
I've done my research on the other event registration modules, and feature-for-feature comparisons, they're relatively the same...however, the technical support provided to clarify some of my site issues before I even bought the extension impressed me enough to buy. I definitely don't regret my decision.
Thanks Nathan for your support and providing me with a simple and effective solution.