- Joomla 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5 / 3.x support
- Authorize.net, PayPal, PayPal Pro, WorldPay, Quickbooks (QBMS), Sage, eWay, Saferpay, PSiGate, PayFast, USA ePay, TransFirst, Korta, iDeal, Moneris, ePDQ,DPS PxPay, SagePay & offline payment options
- Paid and Free events
- Community Builder integration w/ plugin for showing registration history
- JomSocial Integration w/ plugins for showing registration history and activity
- Auto Joomla user creation options
- Built-in Calendar with OPTIONAL Jevents sync
- Frontend Management with extensive permissions structure
- Multiple Event Registration with one payment and cart feature
- Repeating event support
- Auto Email Reminders & Follow ups run via cron job
- Event image option for listing and calendar
- Multi-language support with JoomFish or Falang
- Frontend User Panel where users can view registration history, edit records, make payments, and cancel registrations
- UNLIMITED Fields giving more capability by far than anything else including fee changes
- Conditional custom fields - display dynamically based on other user field choices and configurable by event
- Auto-generated Confirmation Number with Barcode support
- Prerequisite Events - limit registration based on other events
- Attendance Check
- 4 Status options for each record: Active, Pending, Cancelled, Waiting
- Partial Payment/Deposit support with fixed amounts or minimums
- Archive Management
- Overlapping Date/Time Check to prevent users from double-booking themselves
- Timezone display options
- Private/Public events
- Discount/Coupon Codes
- Auto Tax calculation options
- Associate Joomla articles to an event for more details
- Location Manager w/ Google Maps
- Attach files to user confirmation emails
- Two-level Category structure
- Event Copy Function
- Event capacity w/ Waiting List
- Early Bird Discounts & Late Fees
- ability to allow users to upload files
- 8 Color packages of buttons
- Member Discounts ($ amount or %)
- Ability for setting up multiple pay options based on user selection of custom form elements
- Individual and/or Group Registration
- WYSIWYG editor for all customizable messages & emails
- Registration Cut-off / Open Dates
- Flexible discount code configurations with defaults for members and limits for events
- Multi-category support for events (3.x)
- Support for more than 1 event moderator
- Prioritize event moderators
- Terms & Conditions
- Custom Emails to registrants using tags to pull in data (global or event-specific)
- Manual Registration support for offline registrations
- CAPTCHA support
- Module for listing Upcoming Events
- Plugin for embedding registration links in articles
- Customizable CSV export of records by event(s)
- Translations provided for: Arabic, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German,
I was pleased to see that all of my data was preserved, I went through a very easy process. I had a few questions that I submitted support ticket for to the developer and I had responses, with clear details on how to get things done, within hours and some within minutes!
Not only is it a great extension and does the job, getting help is just a breeze. And the video tutorials top it off and make it easy to follow the instructions for those, like me, who like to see the examples.
The developer listens to the users and adds feature, bug fixes and updates on a very timely basis. He also frequents the dtregister forum regularly and answers pressing but non-urgent questions accurately and provides detailed information .
When I experienced a glitch when I updated to the 1.5 native version from the legacy version the developer made sure I got back up and running with out any losses. I was down 3rd or 4th in the cue of a very few people experiencing that particular issue so there was a slight but reasonable delay, but he resolved the issue perfectly.
If they'll add barcodes so check-in at the event can become seamless, and implement % discounts rather than fixed rates so you don't have to define a separate discount category field for each price point, the component will be excellent.
If they then integrate event creation and end the reliance on jevents, the system would be near perfect.
The JEvents extension, with which DT Register works in tandem, is constantly evolving too and got a recent makeover of its calendar look, among other things.
DT Register is absolutely brilliant (as has been the level of support I've had on some techy issues I raised). Very well thought out. Very well executed. Effective. Simple. Professional. GREAT COMPONENT. Seems to be going places development-wise too. Recommended without reservation!
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Registration Pro. The folks there are extremely helpful and the product is a good one. It could be a bit less pricey for what it does.
The one thing you have, however, that the others do not is an intuitive group registration model. Registration for an event is not like putting something in a shopping cart. That's just the way it is. It was that group registration that proved to be the tipping point.
My site is up and running. Keep up the great work!
I had a bit of trouble running DTRegister after installing (I'm a new joomla user). I submitted a ticket and it was answered in UNDER ONE HOUR with what I needed to do. Which was to install the CURL library. After that it worked great.
Also, a feature I was interested in was added within days in the next release. I went to their forum and suggested it. It was a simple request/feature, but I was happy to see that it was added and taken care of so quickly.
DTRegister's support, whether through email or their forum, is top notch. Whatever questions or needs I have they are answered promptly and with instructions I can follow.
A good functional product at a great price, and fantastic support.
After extensive testing on their demo environment.
I purchased 2.4.2 and had a slight hiccup in installation which the support team resolved within 12 hours (overnight) very courteously and extremely efficiently. These changes were then rolled out in their 2.4.3 release.
The continual addition of features and bug fixes is great and they obviously listen to their customer base.
I would say the weak point for me is the need to keep payment records (apart from full payment) separate.
I had to scope a solution for a fairly big 2 day conference with concurrent sessions. Whilst the solution may not be as super slick as the bespoke solutions that charge you 3 bucks a head upwards (this can get into the $000’s) it really delivers. Our marketing guy went to a presentation for one of those types of softwares and came out with some high expectations – auto population of reg forms, email notifications and back end booking. All this is possible with Dtreg.
I had a few problems, mainly trying to get my head around how to present a multi day booking with concurrent sessions. This was done fairly obviously once I’d got the pointers from DTH. Their simple approach is actually an elegant and functional way of doing things. (I was thinking too complicatedly)
They’re releasing an update every month or so at the moment, so features are being added or refined regularly. I’ll give it five stars.
BTW the customer support is great. If you have any problems they come and sort it out for you – amazing!
1) members cannot cancel their registration or update the # of people attending. For free events, this is a must.
2) no way to see a list of registered attendees on the front-end. Many times more people will come if they see that is coming.
The only advantage I can see of this over the free attend_events module is that:
1) you can group events on the front end
2) you can see the # of attendees on the front end.
Is that worth $60? Relative answer, to some it is, to some it isn't.
1) The items you say mention as flaws are not promoted as being available features so if you needed that, you should not have purchased.
2) The only advantages of DT Register over the free Attend Events are not just the two things you mentioned... of course... there are MANY other advantages.
3) The "flaws" you mention are both things that we are including very soon. We are always adding new features to always keep DT Register as the best option for event registration.
A 2-star rating because it's missing a couple features that you want is not fair... particularly since these features will soon be there and you won't be able to change your vote :)
For $60.00, you get exceptional customer service, an exceptional product that is being continually updated to meet the needs of customers, and the ability to have a professional presence on the web that meets the needs of YOUR customers!
GREAT JOB DT TEAM!
My only complaints, and I have to play boths sides, is that the forms are built with tables and the design is not templated so that makes it tough to customize the layout for a less skilled developer such as myself. And I'm not too hot having to use Jevents (Beta for 1.5) and running Joomla in Legacy mode (why does this scare me?). I'm pretty sure all of these will be addressed soon. If your thinking, "I'll just wait" dont, buy the comnponent now, things work as they should once you understand how it all works. They also just set up a bunch of video tutorials for folks such as myself.
The bottom line is this Component has so much functionality its crazy. It turned a potential $10k project into a $60 project and brought some great functionality to a non-profit client trying to enrich a community.
Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to feature enhancements.
I submitted a ticket for assistance and was amazed at how quickly I received a response. Not only did I get a quick response, but it fixed my problem. I would like to point out that the problem was me :o) yet Nathan was extremly professional and helpful.
I can't say enough wonderful things about this product or the service. This is the only event registration software I will ever use.
Great work guys!