- This extension requires registration to download.
Despite being a relatively simple system, nTicket boasts the following features:
* Open source (GPL) allowing full customisation and use on an unlimited number of websites
* Tickets can be assigned to helpdesk operators (unlimited number of operators)
* Tickets can be categorised (unlimited categories)
* You can set up custom forms which enable you to capture whatever data you require (eg. login details)
* Different forms can be used for different categories
* Self service support: You can define keywords which when used in a ticket will prompt the client to check relevant knowledgebase or help articles
* File attachments are supported
* BBCode is supported for formatting text without the security risks associated with HTML
* Urgent tickets can be copied to a separate e-mail address
* All tickets can be copied in to an administrator e-mail address
* If an additional reply is made while you are typing, you are given the option of amending your response
* Response headers are colour coded so you can easily see whether a message is from the client or an operator
* Optionally collapse long tickets to only show the last 2 replies
* Operators can quickly see other tickets raised by the same client
* Operators can use the website front-end or the Joomla administrator back end
* Search and filter tickets (in the back end only)
* Operators can make private notes on a ticket
* Tickets can optionally be accessed by a token in the URL so that the client does not have to login to reply
* You can choose whether to allow guests to submit tickets to a category
* Broadcast feature allows you to publish a message to clients (for example to warn of delays during a busy period or a known issue that you are working on)
* Operators can have a default signature that is automatically added to all of their replies
* Tickets can be closed and/or deleted en masse by an administrator
* Tickets can be split in two (for example if a client starts a new question on an unrelated subject and you want it to be a separate ticket)
* Tickets can be locked (so the client can no longer add any response - useful if you have split a ticket and you want to prevent the client replying to the old ticket)
Whether it can be fully translated?
Thank you for your kind review. All of the text that comes with nTicket can be translated by creating a new language folder. English and Dutch language folders are supplied with the extension.
If you create custom fields for your category forms, you may define some content yourself (such as the captions or help text on your fields), and although there is no facility in the standalone edition of nTicket to translate this content directly, you can use PHP 'constants' instead of plain text, and write the translations into the language files (so the short answer is, yes, it is possible to translate it fully). Things are a little easier with nTicket for nBill, as you can then use nBill's translation feature for translating the content you have added yourself, rather than needing to amend the language files.
If you need further assistance in understanding how to carry out a translation (or indeed, any other issues), please submit a support ticket on the nTicket website.