Flexible yet powerful structure:
* Flexible security structured with different permission levels for both customers and support staff
* Complete solution including ticket, knowledgebase and task management plus other great value-add features
Contract based support:
* Limits based on years, months, days, number of tickets or labour hours
* Configurable per workgroup, allowing to use the same system to support ad-hoc and contract based clients.
Advanced ticket options:
* Dashboard view with filtering and search capability
* Support agents can build their own views
* Extensive ticket detail including ability to add replies, notes, time spent and task tracking to each ticket
* Timesheet reporting, allowing you to track time spent
* Pre-defined replies
* Custom fields
* Automatic and manual ticket assignment
* File attachments support
* Allowing explanation of technical terms
* Keyword auto highlight: any known keywords used in Knowledgebase are highlighted offering instant explanation
* Ability to export to csv format customisable set of fields
* History of exports are tracked and available for redownload (while records marked as exported)
* Categories support
* Support for usability rating by users
* Attachment support
* Comments support
* Ability to hide via publish/unpublish
* Workgroup analysis
* Client Analysis
* Support Staff Analysis
* and more...
Other handy features:
* Ability to stick tickets to appear at the top
* Ability to bookmark ticket(s) and knowledgbase article(s)
* Ability to post system-wide through to client specific announcements
* Email fetching, Support for replying and creating new tickets via emails (currently support POP3 and IMAP)
* and much more...
Integrations with JomSocial
MaQma Helpdesk integration with JomSocial is available in different ways:
* Show the customer status inside a ticket (when viewed by a support agent)
* Link to the customer profile inside a ticket (when viewed by a support agent)
* Post KB comments in the users wall
* Post KB creation in the users wall
* Usage of JomSocial avatars
Integrations with Stores
MaQma Helpdesk can be integrated into Virtuemart, Redshop and Digistore by using the component Store Integration available in our website.
Also integration with JoomFish, jomLike, SobiPro, ArtOfUser and MosetsTree
Love the Knowledgebase (I think FAQ could just go away, seems redundant) which is searchable from the joomla search as long as the plugin is enabled.
Wish the license was similar to Billets where you purchase it and are allowed to install on as many domains as you wish.
Nice product and will be keeping me eye on future releases.
And secondly, I just couldn't bare to see that poor rating be the first thing people see when evaluating this extension. I thought this product delivered excellent features, just as described. Give it a try, you will like it :)
Thank you! We don't get upset with lower reviews because in the end they are the ones that can help us improve our products.
What makes us humans in the end is the diversity in the thinking of each person. We accept low rates and hell, let's improve it further to convince them the other way around.
1. Cannot edit/delete knowledge base articles.
2. Same with tickets
3. Can add articles but thats it nothing else.
If this free version was mean't to be more of a trial/marketing/demo version for customers to try and get them to buy the commercial version, it failed in doing that. The commercial version is extremely expensive. Much better tools in the market place for that price. I would have paid the 35 or even 185 for it, but 635 is ridiculous.
hopefully, they can release a free version that actually works as stated and I would be happy to pay a reasonable amount for a commercial version. Also the documentation is actually mean't for the commercial version as none of the functions as related to the knowledge base and tickets it claims the free version has is in the software I downloaded.
Dear Bruno, in the free edition you can edit KB articles there's in fact a fault in the delete of an article which is fixed on version 3.3.5 that will be released soon.
Regarding the tickets it's not possible to delete so there's no lost record of a support incident, was done that way and thought that way, maybe it's not the best way but we're welcome to receive feedback to improve it.
As stated the free edition allows to have KB articles and tickets, we say that in here.
As we said, many people gave their opinions and we followed them when we agreed without any problem and if you have ideas for the free or even the commercial we're glad to receive them.
Version 3.3.5 should be released later today, so maybe you can give it a try to see if it's better.
By the way, what version did you had installed on your tests? Was 3.3.4? Let us know if possible [by direct contact]
There's a trial of the commercial edition where you can try the other features :)
The developers are very responsive and helpful and adding new features with regular updates.
I cannot recommend this highly enough!
we are open to accept recommendations to make it better, regarding the buttons of Apply/Save you mean all of them? Just create a ticket or drop us a mail and we'll gladly help you to set it up :)
Thank you for your comment. With the help of all MaQma Helpdesk will always have a free edition now besides the commercial ones.
Thank you for your review. We had our up-and-down during the years but the team is very good now. Stay tuned for what's coming ;)
I think their just a bit overwhelmed with the success of their product. If I ever get really stuck, calling them (rather than logging a ticket) normally gets the problem resolved quickly.
I would suggest that componentslab start a forum for customers so they can support each other with the easy stuff.
That might take the strain off their support team and allow more time for them to do development work.
The product itself is VERY flexible and suits our needs completely.
It has loads of editable templates for each screen and email and can be configured very easily.
Comparing this product to the other Joomla ticket systems out at the moment is easy. This one knocks socks off all the others in terms of functionality.
However, most of the code is compiled and is not editable.
Because of this you will need ioncube installed. It's pretty easy to do on most servers, but something to bear in mind before you purchase.
Lastly, I always wait a couple of weeks before installing one of their service patches (with the exception of security fixes) to make sure they've tested it properly. IMHO they're a bit too quick with patch releases and they may not be as stable as they could be.
Hopefully, the J1.5 native version will be out soon as I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Support should not be a problem anyone since I believe the team currently working is very good :)
Their support was always fast and we have no complaints at all. We are resellers from them and already implemented the system in a couple of our customers.
A professional and powerful solution. I recommend it for all companies that really care about customer support.
The component installed easily and while the documentation wasn't the best, I still figured it out. Unfortunately, there are a number of serious bugs that make the customizable features unusable. What is more frustrating is that, as other reviewers wrote below, the support is pretty much non-existent, quite an irony for a company that builds support desk software.
Even more frustrating is that I paid 300+ Euro for an upgrade and they have yet to deliver release the software to me. I'm beginning to wonder how "real" this company is based on my experience and the experience of the other reviewers.
This is all terribly unfortunate. Were the component to work as described and their support sufficient, I would give this component an Excellent rating. As it stands, however, anyone looking for something more advanced than a simple ticket system should keep looking.
The support from this company is next to non existent. I have to agree with the previous comment that this drastic lack of support leaves this product incapable of performing in a corporate environment.
Trouble is, some of the modules don't work correctly (the latest articles in the knowledgebase for instanse - very important to us).
I submitted a support call and set the priority to urgent (10 days - very slow).
After 2 weeks I hadn't had a response, so I added to the ticket asking for an update.
It's now 5 weeks later, and I've got no response.
This is one of the more expensive components (my version cost me £120) so the lack of support is not just completely unacceptable but also makes this component unusable in a corporate environment.
I am an experienced Joomla installed. I have installed more than 40 different extensions in the different webs I maintain.
I installed a demo of this program and the only result was to transform my web site in a blank page screen.
After some attempts to contact with the support, I was able to have a reply, asking me to send the log file of the application install. I insisted several times to get a solution, and silence was the only thing I got.
Finally, I got tired to insist, and I found the Flyspray application that suits my needs.
I think that the Component Labs people should take a better care of incidents with their own product, in order to obtain more satisfied users.
1. There is no public access to Support Center so that outside customers can enter or view their own support tickets.
2. One of the updates broke Support Center. When I notified SC of the problem they were quick to correct with a subsequent patch, but it left me wondering about their QA.
3. Another subsequent update left me unable to update or save a ticket, which basically rendered the product useless. I was still testing the product, so I waited patiently for 30 days, hoping for another update, after the suggestion offered by SC failed to work. I declined an offer to grant the SC author admin access to my site, so perhaps the problem is my own - I was appreciative of the offer, but felt uncomfortable having to grant such access for what appeared to be such a basic problem.
My basic sense is that Support Center Helpdesk simply does not have a large enough user base to ensure that problems such as the ones I described above are adequately vetted during a QA process. I think the support offered is adequate, but this product is not ready for anything close to a mission critical piece of software.