Flexible yet powerful structure:
* Flexible security structured with different permission levels for both customers and support staff
* Complete solution including ticket, knowledgebase and task management plus other great value-add features
Contract based support:
* Limits based on years, months, days, number of tickets or labour hours
* Configurable per workgroup, allowing to use the same system to support ad-hoc and contract based clients.
Advanced ticket options:
* Dashboard view with filtering and search capability
* Support agents can build their own views
* Extensive ticket detail including ability to add replies, notes, time spent and task tracking to each ticket
* Timesheet reporting, allowing you to track time spent
* Pre-defined replies
* Custom fields
* Automatic and manual ticket assignment
* File attachments support
* Allowing explanation of technical terms
* Keyword auto highlight: any known keywords used in Knowledgebase are highlighted offering instant explanation
* Ability to export to csv format customisable set of fields
* History of exports are tracked and available for redownload (while records marked as exported)
* Categories support
* Support for usability rating by users
* Attachment support
* Comments support
* Ability to hide via publish/unpublish
* Workgroup analysis
* Client Analysis
* Support Staff Analysis
* and more...
Other handy features:
* Ability to stick tickets to appear at the top
* Ability to bookmark ticket(s) and knowledgbase article(s)
* Ability to post system-wide through to client specific announcements
* Email fetching, Support for replying and creating new tickets via emails (currently support POP3 and IMAP)
* and much more...
Integrations with JomSocial
MaQma Helpdesk integration with JomSocial is available in different ways:
* Show the customer status inside a ticket (when viewed by a support agent)
* Link to the customer profile inside a ticket (when viewed by a support agent)
* Post KB comments in the users wall
* Post KB creation in the users wall
* Usage of JomSocial avatars
Integrations with Stores
MaQma Helpdesk can be integrated into Virtuemart, Redshop and Digistore by using the component Store Integration available in our website.
Also integration with JoomFish, jomLike, SobiPro, ArtOfUser and MosetsTree
Trouble is, some of the modules don't work correctly (the latest articles in the knowledgebase for instanse - very important to us).
I submitted a support call and set the priority to urgent (10 days - very slow).
After 2 weeks I hadn't had a response, so I added to the ticket asking for an update.
It's now 5 weeks later, and I've got no response.
This is one of the more expensive components (my version cost me £120) so the lack of support is not just completely unacceptable but also makes this component unusable in a corporate environment.
I am an experienced Joomla installed. I have installed more than 40 different extensions in the different webs I maintain.
I installed a demo of this program and the only result was to transform my web site in a blank page screen.
After some attempts to contact with the support, I was able to have a reply, asking me to send the log file of the application install. I insisted several times to get a solution, and silence was the only thing I got.
Finally, I got tired to insist, and I found the Flyspray application that suits my needs.
I think that the Component Labs people should take a better care of incidents with their own product, in order to obtain more satisfied users.
1. There is no public access to Support Center so that outside customers can enter or view their own support tickets.
2. One of the updates broke Support Center. When I notified SC of the problem they were quick to correct with a subsequent patch, but it left me wondering about their QA.
3. Another subsequent update left me unable to update or save a ticket, which basically rendered the product useless. I was still testing the product, so I waited patiently for 30 days, hoping for another update, after the suggestion offered by SC failed to work. I declined an offer to grant the SC author admin access to my site, so perhaps the problem is my own - I was appreciative of the offer, but felt uncomfortable having to grant such access for what appeared to be such a basic problem.
My basic sense is that Support Center Helpdesk simply does not have a large enough user base to ensure that problems such as the ones I described above are adequately vetted during a QA process. I think the support offered is adequate, but this product is not ready for anything close to a mission critical piece of software.
It was one if the few support programs (including non-Joomla!) that allows for client companies each with a set of users and managers. another highlight for us has been the ability to have multiple workgroups hence we can provide a customised ticketing interface for each client company.
Definitely worth the cost and for us its provided a very good ROI.
We purchased the 10-client license and launched our new site this week. We expect to upgrade to the unlimited license version in the next few weeks.
We also purchased the support option, which has included many personal communications with Components Lab's most technical advisers. They even spent a day on our site re-installing a new version for us!
It is clear that this Company is keen to establish itself as a strong player to be depended on who will continue to produce better and better systems as time goes on!
Thanks Components Lab!
A very polished and professional component, with good support. There's nothing else for Mambo/Joomla! that comes close in terms of features. I looked at integrating free alternatives like Eventum, but couldn't justify the time, and this one looks infinitely better, is very flexible and perfectly integrates with the rest of my support website.
All in, a joy to use - I love it!