Flexible yet powerful structure:
* Flexible security structured with different permission levels for both customers and support staff
* Complete solution including ticket, knowledgebase and task management plus other great value-add features
Contract based support:
* Limits based on years, months, days, number of tickets or labour hours
* Configurable per workgroup, allowing to use the same system to support ad-hoc and contract based clients.
Advanced ticket options:
* Dashboard view with filtering and search capability
* Support agents can build their own views
* Extensive ticket detail including ability to add replies, notes, time spent and task tracking to each ticket
* Timesheet reporting, allowing you to track time spent
* Pre-defined replies
* Custom fields
* Automatic and manual ticket assignment
* File attachments support
* Allowing explanation of technical terms
* Keyword auto highlight: any known keywords used in Knowledgebase are highlighted offering instant explanation
* Ability to export to csv format customisable set of fields
* History of exports are tracked and available for redownload (while records marked as exported)
* Categories support
* Support for usability rating by users
* Attachment support
* Comments support
* Ability to hide via publish/unpublish
* Workgroup analysis
* Client Analysis
* Support Staff Analysis
* and more...
Other handy features:
* Ability to stick tickets to appear at the top
* Ability to bookmark ticket(s) and knowledgbase article(s)
* Ability to post system-wide through to client specific announcements
* Email fetching, Support for replying and creating new tickets via emails (currently support POP3 and IMAP)
* and much more...
Integrations with JomSocial
MaQma Helpdesk integration with JomSocial is available in different ways:
* Show the customer status inside a ticket (when viewed by a support agent)
* Link to the customer profile inside a ticket (when viewed by a support agent)
* Post KB comments in the users wall
* Post KB creation in the users wall
* Usage of JomSocial avatars
Integrations with Stores
MaQma Helpdesk can be integrated into Virtuemart, Redshop and Digistore by using the component Store Integration available in our website.
Also integration with JoomFish, jomLike, SobiPro, ArtOfUser and MosetsTree
The configuration settings are an illogical mess. Even the most complicated Joomla extensions shouldn't require a manual to set up, but this one does. Things are oddly grouped and organized in a way that only makes sense to the developer, not to a support that has to use it daily.
Upgrades from previous versions to the newest version are not stable yet (mine needed manual repair for a missing table column). Ironically, support of the extension is slow. It took over a week to get a response from the developer. Updates are few and far between, which is not a good thing considering how many UI bugs there are. As I said, it looks good at first, but it doesn't take much of a pounding by support tickets for things to go haywire.
I hope the developer fixes this because it looks like it has promise. And if you have a few tickets a month, you'll live with the "quirks" (if you can live with the price). But I'm migrating to another extension for our needs.
Hi Ron, this comes like a surprise for me
* No one in all this years of this extension complained about being a "illogical mess" so I don't know why you think that, I really would like to get that feedback from you.
* One issue in one update for which we provided a solution.
* Regarding UI bugs would like to have known about them, sometimes we have to do overrides because of the thousands of templates out there.
* Regarding being good when having a few tickets, we have customers dealing with 1.000 and 3.000 tickets a month, having now in database more than 50.000 tickets and no one ever complained about this.
* You are free to request a refund for it.
THEN i took the plunge and bought Maqma helpdesk. Since then i happily work with it, It even expanded my visions of what can be done. The product is well designed meets exactly what is needed and much much more, the developer is nice and motivated and helps you solve your problems quickly. Price is very reasonable, too
Facite: See Review Title
full of options makes this extension very useful.
All question asked were replied very fast. even better i asked to support Ajax register component with helpdesk and Pedro did it very kindly.
The quality of this extension and very good. One of the best extension i recommend to everyone.
thanks for making this available and keep it up.
Individual support tickets. To enter the time spent for a ticket is very complicated. The support member must add a 'Task' and enter a time-frame of when they worked on the ticket. This task is not editable once completed from the Front End thus if the support member goes back to the same ticket they have to create a new task and re enter a new time-frame. Please note that one cannot just enter the minutes, or hours, spent trying to resolve a support ticket as the ticket progresses. For a good example of time tracking please see RSJoomla's RSTickets!Pro or BILLETS by Dioscouri.
Reporting. Last is the ability to export reports. This needs a lot of work to be presentable to a customer. Having better functionality and options to export in a CVS file, like that of component jDBexport by Schultz IT Solutions, is highly recommended.
Hi, thanks for the feedback, if possible sends the navigation difficulties you had to help us improve it :)
For the times, you dont need to add a task, you can enable activity times per message and support agents can reply and add times. The concept of tasks is not for that.
For the reports, there are some reports with export and there is also an export tool where you can set columns and filters, not sure if you saw it.
For both the times and export just contact us and we will guide on it, it's our job to do it :)
The only problem with this extension is the technical support that is almost non existent. Also, the documentation is not that good, but can be improved.
If you buy this extension, you are on your own if you face problems with it. This is the reason I give this extension 4 stars instead of 5.
Allowing "employees" from the same "company" to be able to share "tickets" submitted by their colleagues.
Helpdesk did it!!
This extension is huge yet easy to use once you read the docs and understand how you wish your helpdask to work.
There a lot of features, dynamic tickets, Departments, Custom Fields, Mail Notification, FAQs, knowledge base, as so much more.
Allow your "staff" to create tickets for your customers, assign the ticket to other staff, automatically change status based on the previous state, add attachments, view ticket logs, create new users, this list keeps going on an on for the feature that are available on the front end.
Set specific departments for users to add tickets to, even create a staff department that only staff can view. Just blown away by how powerful this is.
As for the extensions support, it works, they use this extension themselves, the developers respond timely and are proactive regarding feature requests and any minor issues I have found.
Do not be put of by the price, what you get in comparison to other solutions is a well designed, smart looking, feature packed professional helpdesk solution.
I have not been as excited by an extension since I started using K2 all them years ago.
However I will warn you, this component is not for the newbie or impatient type of user. This has a lot of features and it is a MONSTER to set up. If you only need basic ticket functions I would say go with some other generic system. But if you need robust ticket, department, and user management that includes automation, then THIS is your new baby.
For anyone needing a very professionally built ticketing system that is damn near enterprise level software I would highly recommend this extension.
Otherwise, it looks in a class of its own.
Sorry, the 5 days of traveling for JandBeyond with strikes of air controls in Portigal screwed up our timings but we are catching all up already. Probably you already were answered.
It is very comprehensive and has a lot of options to configure. Got stumped a couple of times. But submitted a ticket to developer and he responded quickly.
Encountered a couple of bugs and these have been fixed in the next release.
So glad I found this product.
The documentation needs work, but maQMA states clearly that they are continually working on it. I can only imagine that they've had such a huge devotion spent to development rather than documentation. I would rather have a great component and try to figure it out myself than one that doesn't work but overly documented.
The support team is great! They responded to me within 2 hours to a "low level" question.
This component is HIGHLY recommended. I've spent more for components that do far less. There is another help desk component out there for twice as much that doesn't nearly do as much. I've researched them all thoroughly before I purchased it too.
Setting up the system can be quite detailed but that depends on the level and type of support you wish to offer.
Support from the Developers is excellent. Well done and highly recommended.