Project Management Features
* Unlimited Projects
* Time sensitive Milestones
* Tasks and Task Lists
* Lightweight Forum
* File Repository & Attachments
* Time Tracking & Reporting
* Comments on Projects, Milestones, Tasks & more
* Native Joomla ACL & Groups
* Configurable Email Notifications & Subscriptions
Projectfork consists of many extensions working together; but the streamlined interface will make you feel right at home as if you're using a regular, single component. Installing and uninstalling Projectfork is as simple as with any extension: A single package to install, and a single extension to remove from your site.
User Experience First
Projectfork looks and behaves like your average Joomla 3 extension for the most part so you can it pick up naturally. If you ever get stuck, we provide plenty of comprehensible documentation on our website.
Projectfork uses a Joomla-native code approach wherever possible and is written "by the book" and best code practices. There is no custom theme engine, no Zend or other framework - just pure Joomla MVC architecture. Looking to hire a developer to make some modifications? No need to find a "Projectfork specialist"!
Powered by Feedback
If Projectfork helps you run your business, please consider leaving your feedback below. Thank you!
We would consider Projectfork a top a component and really prominent, but no application is good without appropriate support. We have installed this app, with the hope it would help our tasks, but it has a problem making conflict with Joomla templates, and it seems we are not the only ones having this problems. We reported the problem in Projectfork forum and someone came immediately saying it would provide a quick fix, but so far nothing and it has been already more than a week without any reply..zero! Not a word! Very strange and so, we only can tell by experience that support is really bad. We’re glad we didn’t buy immediately the buddle, otherwise we would throw away $99... so we just lost $19. Maybe we were unlucky! Hope you’ll be luckier, but watch out if you consider support important as we do.
I'm currently using the free version to enable me to collaborate on projects more effectively with an associate. We'd been emailing one another and it was getting out of hand. This extension solves that issue.
The two things I'd look for in an update are:
1. greater functionality around date filtering - extending the utility of the tool into task / time management.
2. A printable reporting system for the various viewable formats.
But as it stands, for free, it's already an exceptional extension so it gets full marks from me.
Add estimates and invoices options, and it would conquer the market IMHO.
I've used almost all of the paid services, and many of those don't even come close to what this component can do, right out of the box, for FREE!
Good job Developers!
The use of visuals and a workable consistent user interface makes training a breeze and compliance for project updates easy.
I tip my hat to the development team. Very nice product and I am still dumb founded that is free.
With a little more control it would be 5 stars without a doubt.
It's good it works in iphone/ipad. Makes sellers look very pro. Thanks ProjectFork!
1. An option to prevent users who aren’t assigned to a certain task see/receive emails about that task
2. Feature to display the completed tasks on the calendar in different color than non-completed ones
- main component is free (though it really shouldn't be)
- easy install
- wealth of configuration settings and options
- stable behavior and good integration with Joomla
- extendible - I ended up purchasing the full bundle and was pleased with modular nature of upgrades. Additions were easy to install, integrate and control. File management pro extension was well worth the money.
- Partial documentation. Available documentation is excellent, but is incomplete. It did seem that was something that was actively worked on though.
Be patient with this component as ACL is a complex and messy concept by nature and isn't straightforward to set. Plan out carefully what you want done. Allow time to play with settings to figure stuff out and then start from scratch if needed.
I am certain to stick with this extension for a number of projects. Kudos to the developer for a job well done.
Overall this is a great extension and works well using V3.0.3
Note: strength is a permit and safety management
Definitely the most advanced free project management extension for Joomla I've seen. Very well made with a great professional GUI. Email notifications and tasks are my favourite features. Give it a try, but be smart and backup your site first (as you should do before installing any extension)!