Project Management Features
* Unlimited Projects
* Time sensitive Milestones
* Tasks and Task Lists
* Lightweight Forum
* File Repository & Attachments
* Time Tracking & Reporting
* Comments on Projects, Milestones, Tasks & more
* Native Joomla ACL & Groups
* Configurable Email Notifications & Subscriptions
Projectfork consists of many extensions working together; but the streamlined interface will make you feel right at home as if you're using a regular, single component. Installing and uninstalling Projectfork is as simple as with any extension: A single package to install, and a single extension to remove from your site.
User Experience First
Projectfork looks and behaves like your average Joomla 3 extension for the most part so you can it pick up naturally. If you ever get stuck, we provide plenty of comprehensible documentation on our website.
Projectfork uses a Joomla-native code approach wherever possible and is written "by the book" and best code practices. There is no custom theme engine, no Zend or other framework - just pure Joomla MVC architecture. Looking to hire a developer to make some modifications? No need to find a "Projectfork specialist"!
Powered by Feedback
If Projectfork helps you run your business, please consider leaving your feedback below. Thank you!
Also a simple trouble ticket integration would be good that way things don't have to be duplicated.
All in all an excellent start. Lets not stop here though please!
1) Default display is 1024px width! Unless your Joomla template is full screen fluid width, you may want to think twice about this one as it will break your layout. There is a "business theme" at 800px width but it looks crappy and you have to edit your MySQL database to get it to work - kind of daunting if, like me, you have no experience with these kinds of things and are used to themes being installed automatically.
2) Developer is too busy to answer questions on the Project Fork forum. I've posted 2 or 3 questions weeks ago and still there is no reply.
However, I have some suggestion, hope that you 'll consider:
1. There should be some way to restrict Project's member not be able to delete or modify task & project!
2. There should be some way to restrict Project's member be able to access only the projects and tasks that they are responsible to!
3. There should be some way to restrict Client be able to access only the projects and tasks that they are relative to!
4. Ability to quick access to "My TODO" or Member's "todo list" should be displayed right after the toolbar after project's member logging in!
So far has all the good stuff we need for project management. I like it because it is just right. Some other software offers too much attributes for tracking project that we do not use.
Overall right balance of functionalities with nice visual. Good work.
One thing I've noticed and may also be beneficial in your future release, is that there is no easy way to track down listing of usergroups, their projects/tasks (-tasks-directories-files-comments)in a certain page tabulated of some sort so that group leaders can easily track/compare which usergroup/members have more task and who are performing well-->something like that :) I think it's really necessary and very vital specially in an output oriented group leaders and managers.
More power Project Fork staff!!! Looking forward to this promising extension.
2) The overall project completed percentage should have an option to be disabled because a project might never finish because it is active and always is going to tasks and by having the overall average of the tasks there might be confusing.
3) A proper way to add a project leader should be implemented and not by having to create a usergroup, make the appropriate permission settings, add the project leader and then make the group a Project Group.
4) Someone else said it but i will say it again that..Calendar is at the moment totally useless if it's not bound to tasks deadlines. Personally i would prefer not having it around making confusing than to have it and not be able to use it properly.
5) Importing a specific user at a website with more than 5000 members without a search filter is....very frustrating.
6) Proper notifications to the project leader by setting it at the Project options and not at each task individually. Automatically the project leader should receive a notification that a new task is added and the status on it each time is changed.
It definetely needs lot of work because things like the above are very basic stuff to project & task management.
Thanks for pointing out the weak points of the component :)
I'm quite aware of these, and I'm working on improvements.
Project Fork matches exactly my needs, its interface is clear and intuitive, despite a few little bugs that will need to be fixed (however they do not prevent the system to work).
An unexpected bonus is the Document Management ability that allows us to link current documentation with specific tasks. What a great feature.
The installation was a breeze, and everything is working perfectly. I would recommend this handy tool to anyone using Joomla who wants their team to be more organized.
No frontend access. This means you require all users to log into to joomla's backup. Not good idea
Whats the point in having the calendar if your tasks are not tied to it? Who wants to create tasks then turn around and post events for those tasks?
You're right with the calendar..pretty useless at the moment :D
Hydra is a huge thing and I can impossibiliy work on everything at a time.
On the roadmap you see that I've promised the task/calendar integration in 0.6.5.
It's not there I know but I'm working on it.
To this end, we are very impressed with Tobias Kuhn's Hydra Manager ! This software seamlessly integrates into our website and allows our board members to share tasks, documents and calendar events, even though they are scattered across two states! Tobias is friendly, responsive, and open to the needs of his user base. Although still in development (v0.6.1 is installed at the time of this writing), Hydra Manager promises a simple solution to our collaboration requirements. Thanks, Tobias!
CEO, First American Military, Inc.
Hydra goes beyond all my expectations. It is very comprehensive and it looks very slick indeed.
Congrats to the Hydra team, you have done a great job for the community!