- Includes visible advertising for developer. Free limited to 10 concurrent chats.
Four interfaces - Bar, Chat, Shout and Mobile.
Implemented as a Web 2.0 application and hosted on our servers, BlastChat delivers fast and reliable communication solution to your website without heavy load on your server, without worries about bandwidth and with no system level administration needs on your end.
You do not have to be a computer programmer or system administrator to implement professional chat. BlastChat installs in minutes, requires no coding on your part and your chat rooms can be up and running TODAY!
BlastChat is the perfect solution for general community chatting, online moderated interviews or teaching sessions, customer support or any other use you might need, whether you need to communicate with a single person or hundreds.
More about BlastChat features can be found at our homepage.
(Editor's note is incorrect)
I hope you help me or give me the optimal way to do transtaltion to the frontend interface of your awesome component !
Thanx in advance.
All the words available for translation are listed on our website under Support/Configuration/languages section.
The "members" or "guests" are group names and those can be adjusted in the groups.js file (detailed explanation in the Support/Configuration/groups.js), specifically the "bcgroup.name" parameter.
You get a 7 day Trial and after that you are allowed just 10 USERS ONLY CHAT LIMIT. You need to pay hundred to six hundred dollars per year for more.
10 user chat limit is useless for most users and is an eyewash.
The chat as such is good but they force you to accept while registering - "I will add a Blast chat link on my front page".
Summary - Chat is good but is too expensive. It would have been good if they increase concurrent chatters to 50 for free version then I would have given 5 stars. Limit of 10 users makes it useless for me so I have to give it ONE star.
NOTE: I have seen replies where they just deny it all. They might reply to this saying NO its totally FREE and all but check the product fully. I wasted my time installing this only to realize it not FREE.
- auto-integrate with your joomla users
- makes the chat private for guests (if you want to)
- gives you total moderation control
- looks very solid, and functions properly
- total controls over the logs
IMPORTANT: All the best words for Mr. Peter Saitz and blastchat crew, who provided me swift and detailed support on the configuration AND implementation of the chat into my site (although it wasn't that connected to the chat). All compliments to responding in less then hour on most mails.
I believe placing blastchat link on the site is quite a fair thing to do considering you can use it for free, considering the effort these guys put into it. Payed version is very fairly priced, and has great options too.
NOTE: I had a problem of placing user login form on the same menu/page as the chat. If you logoff from the same page, chat will report an error, because joomla keeps the data while you're still on page. I solved it by removing the login form from the chat window page. Hope it helps you.
Not to mention the prompt unmatched service! I have never had service like this from any module i have downloaded. He took the time needed to get this thing running the way i wanted! Thank you
Blessings be upon you and your great company.
BlastChat for the win.
Blastchat is a great component/module/plugin pack, once you're set up its very easy to work out and runs itself. I had a small 'bug', which I went to the forum to fix, the admin/developer saw my post within 20 mins, asked me for a URL, and come joined me on my site!
He diagnosed my version was out of date in seconds, and hung around whilst I updated it. This fixed the problem instantly, and my users DIDN'T EVEN LOSE THE CONNECTION whilst it updated!! Just a refresh, away we go.
I cannot thank him enough, and cannot recommend it enough.
One thing I'd LOVE to see - an IRC connector so we could self host! That would ROCK. Oh and an iPhone skin!
Give it a try, you won't regret it.
It has been a godsend to our business and our web site! Our members rave about the chat room, it never goes down or gives me problems, and when I email ChatBlast they respond in a professional and timely manner.
This is by far the best Joomla chat component out there and I would never even consider using another one.
Don’t waste your time and money with the others, just download this one!
The module is useless. It doesn't figure out who is actually in chat, but who is online on the website, then gives you a little light-up smilie if that user is in chat.
I'm getting pretty desperate for a chat client for my site, but not so desperate to continue using this one... sorry. I'm only looking because some of my users are having issues with jPFChat loading.
Dear Sir, let us respond to each of your paragraphs individually:
1. what you wrote is incorrect, we require that you create public access to BlastChat component, not to chat itself. The chat administration allows you to fully configure access to chat and rooms (disable guests, etc).
2. this concerns BlastChat WhoIsOnline module (which does not belong under this extension and should not be included in the review), but let me explain module functionality: module does figure out who is online, on top of it it figures out who is chatting. To present online and chatting members, it is natural to show all online usernames and indicate by a smilie usernames of members who are chatting. Of course, module configuration can be adjusted so that it only shows usernames of members who are chatting (not all online members) and smilie can be removed also. (So, module can do and does exactly what your complain about module uselessness was all about)
3. we understand your frustration and we are sorry you judged BlastChat too quickly without either exploring BlastChat features and options more deeply or consulting us about your website chat system requirements and needs. We are always ready and happy to assist in such requests.
To sum it up, based on your review we do not understand why only 2 stars vote would be appropriate as you did not list any real functionality problems. We hope you will take a second look at BlastChat and form new, hopefully better, opinion.
with best regards
Users and flagged as inactive after a couple minutes of inactivity and there is no option to change this. It may be an option in the paid version, don't know.
No option to change the audible notification.
I left several messages in the support forum and received no reply.
I set my chat room up as 100% private and not published. Out of the blue, some guy from Bolivia starts chatting with me and informs me that the room is published.
I uninstalled for security reasons. It's impossible to know who had what kind of access to my site via this component.
I apologize that we did not update information here, announcing that we are in a process of beta testing our new web 2.0 chat implementation, that is only reason why you experienced some problems.
1. users flagged as inactive: you are referring to a module (not chat), this was due to a small error in our code, as well as small error in your configuration of the chat. It is working correctly now. Thank you for pointing it out.
2. you can turn on/off audible notifications (changing the sound itself is not yet implemented)
3. you left 1 forum message and sent 1 email to us. Because we are in a process of upgrading our website, forum has been disabled. But, we did responded to your email (twice) with no response yet.
4. joining blastchat network, your rooms are visible to chatters of other websites. We did not activate "access features" yet, i.e. options to disable access, these settings were visible in Config area by a mistake.
5. no one has access to your website over this component, they can only enter your rooms (but on other hand it is completely free with no limits during this period). We would appreciate if you would explore our BlastChat Client code before you post such an accusation.
If you respond to my email, we will be happy to go into details on the chat implementation, as well as help you set it up correctly, tuned to your needs (like we did for thousands webadmins before you)