The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™

Universal AjaxChat ComponentModuleExtension Specific Addon

Universal AjaxChat is a Joomla1.5/joomla2.5 and Joomla3 Chat component. This component has been developed to be fast, efficient and secure fully compatible with every joomla authentication systems such as Community Builder, joomsocial, EasySocial ...
Universal AjaxChat is perfect for community sites, radio sites, online TV sites, and sites of companies where they need a powerful chat tools secure, fast, easy to use and to be customized by non-developers
Key features:

* Easy Installation
* Usable as shoutbox
* Multiple Chat rooms
* Private messaging between members
* Private chat rooms
* Invitation System
* Ability to ban users
* List of online users with user menu
* Managing Emoticons / Smilies
* An easy way to add custom emoticons from administration
* BBCode
* The clickable links
* Splitting long texts to preserve the appearance of the cat
* Fight against the Flood
* Possibility to delete messages inside the chat
* Simple interface with ability to add custom commands for admins
* Ability to enable / disable the invitation of users
* Possibility of access for non-members
* Multilingual 22 languages (auto-detecting the browser configuration)
* Several styles
* Chat window to fit browser window with included styles
* Customizing Easy layout with style sheets (CSS) and template system
* Compliant (XHTML 1.0 strict)
* Accepts any input text, including code and special characters
* Saving bandwidth
* Compatible with all existing authentication systems: Joomla, Community Builder, Jomsocial, Joomunity ....
* A highly secure, developed to prevent code injection, SQL injection, Cross-site scripting (XSS), flights and other attacks Sessions
* Tested successfully with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and Konqueror - designed to work with all modern browsers

Requirements:
Server side:

* PHP> = 5
* MySQL> = 4

Client side:

* Enable JavaScript
* Cookies enabled

Report Extension

Images

2013-01-11
Reviews: 9
Lets start with goods,
easy to install and set up.
Very good idea and now the bad

You buy a script with only one month support and updates ,
if you want 6 months updates you must buy both versions (1,5+2,5)
or you have to pay again the script. One month is not one year.

Heavy for the server even with litespeed.

Configuration from admin is not working well.

Support level bellow zero , they dont respond tickets at all.

I used it for 3-4 months, now i have problem with the shoutbox, it stopped working, i asked for support zero help, i trued to redownload it because i formated the pc, i have to pay again.

i liked the script very much thats why i rate it fair and not poor.
Up to you
Owner's reply

how the component worked properly for months and suddenly stopped working?
You want to download and get support even though your subscription expired?
if I give you permission to download, I must do for all members of our website without exception ...
Very strange! if you do not obey my demands I use JED Review system to destroy your reputation
Anyway thank you for the effort and time spent to write this

2012-12-02
Reviews: 1
After reading all previous reviews, I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing this extension for my joomla site. But after searching around and being unable to find a good, low cost alternative I decided to take a try.

My new account was created within 15 minutes of my purchase, although it was done on a Saturday night, and before long I had the extension downloaded. Installation was a breeze like any other Joomla extension,I created a new Chat Menu item, a couple of new channels, and my chat room was live - easily within 30 minutes of my initial purchase.

I am giving this product 4 stars because there are some basic functionalities that I believe it needs or maybe I cannot yet figure out how they are done. I am unable to assign registered users as moderators, and have them show up as such. I have also not been able to figure out how to clear the chat box of all previous chats. There seems to be no way of adding some text at the top or bottom of the chat window. Whether they're there or not, they are just too difficult to figure out.

Short of these minor bumps, the extension works like a champ and my users love it.
Owner's reply

thank you for your comment and I think all your requests have been satisfied

2012-08-30
Reviews: 3
The documentation is rough reading. It is also out of date, based on 1.7. The set up is equally messy. It does not have the ability to create multiple chat rooms. There is no refund policy, and the owner is quite rude and unprofessional. I will not order any joomla commercial products after my experience with this module. I should have listened to the other reviewers. You know there is a problem when the owner states on his website "no refunds". Enough said.
Owner's reply

First of all, I do not know if you used our component as your username never appears in our database

You're right, the documentation refers to the version compatible with Joomla1.5 but there is no difference in functionality to the version compatible with joomla2.5. to make you happy, I note your comment and documentation of the new version will be available soon.

You concentrate your review on the developer but not the product! In such a way that you have not seen that the component allows you to create an unlimited number of chatroom and anyone can verify this functionality from the attached images above or on our demo site.

Yes, no refund because I give you the opportunity to test the component, ask and receive Honestly the answer to all your questions.
In any case, thank you for taking the time and write

2012-08-28
Reviews: 6
50$ for this extension. And it is nothing more than a basic chatbox, and obviously, no refund.

- You can't disable sounds by default
- You can't disable [img] for all users
- You must delete messages 1 per 1 (Useful if someone is flooding)
- You can't disable system messages
- Incomplete translation
- Doesn't support specials characters on room's name
- No logs/history of the chat

When i tried the demo, i really thought it was possible since it's a commercial extension, but it isn't. How is it possible to make a commercial extension without any basic options ? No backend on the demo, you can't see which options are available since there is only 1 pic about them.
I seriously can't believe I spend 50$ on this. It's just a scam.

Don't buy it, seriously.
Owner's reply

No, UAC can not make coffee for you
but yes, he Contains a parameter in configuration to:
-Mute the chat
-Purge all messages from the chat or deleting one by one
-disable system messages ...
-UAC Contains mainly two interface, the chat interface and the logs interface

Yes there is no setting to disable sending images because this functionality is required on any chat software and there is always a method to disable in UAC certain features by editing 2 config file without even having technical knowledge.

You have paid a support subscription at 21h:34 you sent me a request for refund at 22h:49. without even saying why!!!!

How you managed to dissect the functions of a component like this, read the documentation, do your tests, then compare Universal AjaxChat Eventbooking!!!??? and understand that the component does not worth the money in 1 hour? and directly ask for refund

You posted this comment before your second email where you asked for support, and you had the answer to all your questions directly in no time.

Open source are basic and generic software developed to facilitate our dev but are not custom software conteins the answer to all our problems

Note: I do not sell the software but I sell my time dedicated to provide you support and answer your mails.
regards

2012-05-26
Reviews: 5
It was not what I expected.
Did try out the demo and tought that also the avatars of jomsocial was used in the chatbox, but it didn't. It has no connection with jomsocial at all :(
Even there are more small own avatar, if I login as admin my avatar of this extension is still user :(
They layout it is great, but for now I don't use it because I can't see jomsocial avatars or even if I login as admin the admin.png :(
When they fix that and also the abbility to use jomsocial avatars, maybe I even think about it to buy it again, but for now it was a waist of money :(
2012-03-21
Installed and working in a couple of minutes and is working perfectly under heavy use.
A great component and worth every penny.
My only gripe was making the address fields compulsory on checkout, this is my pet hate, the point of using paypal is so we don't have to!!.
2012-02-19
Reviews: 10
Like just about every Joomla extension worth anything, this component took me some time and effort to figure out. But it was well worth the time and money. I am using it on Joomla 1.7, CB with ProfilePro and it works great. I have asked the developer if it can be made to work with multiple windows open at once, that would make it truly powerful. I am hoping for a positive response.
2012-01-26
Reviews: 2
This extension is trash, the way it requires set up is an absolute joke and further more the module can only be used on the homepage. I was planning on having this chat on our live stream section of our site and it won't even load properly.

Refund request was refused
Owner's reply

Hello,
For me, before I pay for a product, I took my time to test the demo and ask any necessary questions when in doubt!

but for you, I think your problem is not with the component and not with how it is developed. Your real problem is how to download the component and get your money....

2011-11-01
Although the friendly support tried everything, the chat was errorous on our webiste. There were issues that seemed minor, but still were unsolvable under our environment. As far as I understood this chat will work properly with J1.7, even if it was said to work with 1.6 as well, but it didn't.

I give three stars because the support was friendly and refunded our money as soon as he realized the chat wasn't going to run properly on our webiste.
Owner's reply

hello and thank you for the review,

as I said before .... must migrate your site to the latest version of joomla!
and I think you have the same problem with other chat software!

You have a good experience with my component in the past, you need a bit of collaboration when necessary for a satisfactory result.
the component is full functional now with all versions of joomla including joomla1.6 if you still use this version on your site

2011-03-15
This software is crap. You get more then a few people and it lags the cpu big time. With my exeperience ajax just sucks. Usachatnow.com use to be ajax technology then they used ajax with a jabber client...this is what needs to be done with this software and then Ill submit a great review.
Owner's reply

hello and thank you for your review,
certainly you use an older version and the latest version include tools to optimize resources and many improvements

Rregards

2011-03-13
Reviews: 7
Well, I am rating this extension excellent because it really is.
I run a website and needed a chat component that could put all users, our radio broadcasters, service providers and sponsors all in touch, real time one with another. I have tried several but run into issues of browser and other components compatibility, extremely slow response to questions (even pre-sales ones) and extremely low in features compared to the prices.

Universal AjaxChat gave me the flexibility I wanted, is full featured with security options included (eg. ban users, ban IP, etc, etc), is extremely easy to install and configured and works exactly as it advertises.

Adding to my report, I cannot commend higher the level of support I have received from the developer, both pre and after sales.

I would rate it higher if I there were more stars!

I reference to some negative comments I read here about this component, I just want to say the following "Ignorance is no reason to justify the negative expressions of your views about something that is beyond your level of understanding and knowledge".
2011-02-08
First off, the product doesn't install. The SQL code is encoded in a way that forces you to insert the statements via phpMyAdmin. More importantly, this product is nothing more than the freely available AjaxChat. Is is absolutely IDENTICAL, except the latter works perfectly and this one does not. This is a terrible knock-off and the developer should be ashamed of themselves!
2010-08-17
Reviews: 117
Have just paid £20 for this Component//Module and love it! It is that simple. I tried Blast Chat which took forever to configure and get working properly. This was like the easiest thing ever.

Thank You
2010-06-21
A very good component easy to install easy to install and understand
2010-06-05
I hesitated before paying this component. Their site seems not to contain documentation and forum is reserved for members.
After I paid and installed it. Really is the best chat for joomla excellent support :)

Thank you for everything
xbq
2010-05-09
Reviews: 6
This component and also the module works really straight out of the box. I am using it for a larger sports club website and needed a stable and reliable function.

The only little disadvantage is that the documentation and sport access details will be provided aside from the payment and online download process of the software package at a later step, announced to be within 24h after payment. So it took me some (precious) time to discover and figure out how the various and comprehensive options for the user will work.
Aside from that: really great function, it's real fun for the user.
No bugs as far as I saw until now.
Thank you!
Owner's reply

thank you very much for your review,

Regarding the validation of user accounts you just consider the time difference :)

Be welcome in the Universal AjaxChat community

2010-04-06
I use this chat on 3 sites, honestly after trying some component of the same type I am surprised by the quality of this component.

With some improvements such as the possibility for a user to enter simultaneously in several chatroom it will become unbeatable.

Excellent work and thank you
2010-04-05
Hello,

I just want to say that this component is a very good work
Assistance is fast and excellent.
Great job!!!!! Thanks for that.
2010-01-25
hello,

I just wanted to say that this component is the best chat for joomla that I used. more choices in configuration and several customization options...
-Templates easy to modify
-fast
-compatible with all community extensions...
2010-01-03
I have been using this software for just over a week now and I do not have words to describe how completely and utterly awesome it is. I have been using JFP Chat for a couple of years and it has done a good job. However, there is absolutely no comparison between JFP and the software, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the other developer I just love this chat room software so much, as do all of my members. Whereas the chat room really didn't get used much before, everyone is in it all the time now. Don't look at any other chat room software, this is the one to go fof. Yes, it is commercial, but it is quite cheap and worth every penny. And good support from the forums, not that I've needed much, everything works straight out of the box for me.
Page 1 of 2