The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™

JomFacebookChat +Plus ComponentPlugin

JomfbChat +Plus and Professional are the upgrade versions of the now popular JomfbChat Free extension.
JomfbChat is a chat "Facebook like" for the Joomla! CMS evolved on the basis of the numerous requests received in year 2011. The component is delivered in native release for Joomla 1.5, and 2.5, the 2.5 version is also working for Joomla! 1.6 and 1.7.

For every need simply use the functionality of ticketing and will be given timely responses!
The service lasts one month from the date of purchase.

The component JomfbChat +Plus and Professional are, in functionality, completely analogous between versions 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 of Joomla!.
For the front end you can choose different languages (Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Hungarian, Greek) explicitly from the component configuration, while the back end is translated from the selected language pack in Joomla! Within available languages: Italian, English, Spanish and German.

Jomfb Chat Professional integrates all the features of the Plus version and Free, the Plus includes only the features of the Free.

Features JomfbChat Professional:
- files transfer between users with Drag and Drop HTML5 feature (if supported),
- integrated avatar management with re-size/crop,
- automatic avatars generation if none provided by users,
- contacts managements with possibility to create users relations,
- advanced users list management with possibility to choose (in the admin area) the users recordset; it's now possible include also logged out users, own contacts, friends or join these,
- public messages in a “WALL like” mode,
- chat conversation exporting feature in text format,
- avatars real-time refresh to any image update also for already received messages,
- possibility to choose (in administration) the display of user name or full qualified name also in avatars pop up,
- automatic links recognition,
- advanced component configuration: you can configure the chat to suite all your needs, for ex. you can disable avatars upload or you can define the file maximum size...
- real time users list updating, also for logged out users.

Features JomfbChat +Plus
- Jomsocial integration,
- Community Builder integration,
- Emoticons with option to select image directly from the pop-up or write the shortcut
- multitabs chat session
- no advertising,
- test audio (and much more).

Report Extension

Images

2012-07-21
Reviews: 8
Installed flawless, works very well. Changed things to match the needs (like a group restriction for who's visible in the chat) and am super-happy with the component. Support directed me very fast even though I posted my ticket latenight.
2012-05-25
Reviews: 2
I just installed this on my site and had an issue with a site setting. Tech support responded quickly and everything is running great.

I used to use CometChat, but it didn't work with my iOS devices. The chat bar was also fixed and scrolled with the text, often blocking content. Now, the chat bar stays right where it is supposed to be and everything works very well.
2012-05-12
Reviews: 6
Works great for my site. In comparison to other tools server load is acceptable. Sharing files, popup-Message for incoming chat, easily adaptable color-system ... realy cool tool!

The price is fair.
2012-03-25
Reviews: 16
Smooth install, smooth configuration.
Worked Out of the Box.
Integrates nicely with Jomsocial

1 suggestion would be tho to give back end more control over color of actual component as visible on front end, instead of requiring modification of the source to do so.
2012-03-09
Reviews: 12
This is a great chat system. The installation is quick and easy. The backend options are very clear to understand. It auto recognizes the most popular community plugins. It would be great to have that option auto enable it but that is nothing major.

The price is very fair. However, it would be better if they include how to modify the chat software visually with the download and not a la carte. Luckily, I did not need to buy it but there are some Joomla users that are not familiar with how to edit those options.

I would recommend this extension to other users. I did look at their competitors and this one is (in my opinion) one of the best ones for the features and seamlessness it offers.
2012-03-08
Reviews: 1
I will give this product a 5 star rating. I have tried other chat programs before I come across this one. After installation I had problem with the sound due to other libraries on my joomla site, I contacted the support and within 30 mins the issue was resolved. I will highly recommend this chat software to anyone who want to include chat functionality to their website.
2012-03-03
Reviews: 4
After 2 years of wanting a chat for my joomla/community builder site I have finally found one that works as advertised!! The chat bar is smooth, clean and full of options, and support was very quick to answer a question I had!!!
2012-03-01
Reviews: 1
This chat works very well, and the support is reactiv. Very happy with that JomFacebookChat +Plus