The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™

Kunena Popular ComponentModulePluginExtension Specific Addon

Editor's Note
Kunena is the leading Joomla forum component. Downloaded more than 4,000,000 times in 6 years, Kunena is the only forum/discussion solution for Joomla that is community driven - true open source - public self-help forums, GitHub and documentation Wiki.

The most recent stable release, recommended for production websites running J! 2.5 and J! 3.x, is Kunena 3.0.6

Details about Kunena 3.0.6 are contained in the release notes at http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_3.0.6_Read_Me

For more details about the extent of Kunena features see http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Features

Report Extension

Images

2014-08-17
Reviews: 4
I istalled Kunena Forum for the first time and have not used any other forum software so far.
The software is very easy to install, configure and to use.
Excellent extension software for Joomla!
2014-07-30
Reviews: 1
Great Software!!!
That is a Great Forum software!
that help me to build up a Forum Site and is Full functionality!!
Thanks!!
thank Kunena !!
2014-07-19
Reviews: 6
It seems to do all I need. Configuring is very easy and it can blend in with your own template (configuration option).
Beware during installation Kanuna creates a new menu for itself in the menu manager. This menu is for the menu above the form. This menu is created using the default language for the menu options.
If you want you can also assign it for a template position (eg position-4).
2014-07-12
Reviews: 2
Needed a forum for my local club site and this was so easy to use! Great UI and quick to get started.

Highly recommend for any site that needs a forum! 5 stars!
2014-06-10
Thank you for this great extension , Kunena is the best of Joomla
2014-03-11
Reviews: 15
I just re-launched my site to attach a forum. I almost went totally phpbb but instead opted on updating to j3.0x with Kunena. I ran a test site for a few weeks and saw no problems. If I ran into a bump in the road it was easily diverted by google and their *ahem* forums. Everything from SEO to modules on the homepage - it's all right there. FOR FREE!
2014-03-03
Reviews: 11
Been using kunena for a few weeks now and have zero issues with it. Incorporated easily with a RT template and customizing it to blend it was as easy as some CSS editing.

Has alot of features that you would find in phpbb3 but not as hard to implement with Joomla.

Would highly recommend Kunena to anyone.
2014-02-08
I love this extension. Great support, too!

Thank you for your work, Kunena team.
2014-01-30
Generally i dont give review to extensions, I was not happy with my Joomla 1.5 site extensions for many years. But i started a new site using Joomla 3 and I am so happy of what I accomplished. Kunena is one of the best forum I have used after Agora in my Joomla 1.5. Keep Up The Great Work!
2014-01-03
Perfect.
Integration Jomsocial, Joomla y Joomdle very perfect ;)
2014-01-02
Reviews: 5
If you're looking for a Joomla native forum solution, then there's no discussion at all: Kunena is the best choice.

I've managed forums for years, and must admit Kunena is still a bit behind other forum stand alone platforms, like phpBB or SMF, but it's making the gap narrower with every new release, and it offers something any of these platforms can't: fully native integration. Also, it's not a "new" project, as it comes from a previous one, Fireboard, which also came from an older one... so there's a lot of "forum wisdom" in this project.

It works together with many other Joomla extensions (Joomla Articles, UddeIM, Community Builder, JomSocial, Easy Social), and allows you creating interactive sites, or directly community sites.

So, if loooking for a forum for a Joomla site, check Kunena first. You won't regret.
2013-12-21
Reviews: 11
Great work ! public forum, private forum. members, grades, moderation, admin, Easy to setup, easy to tune, easy to use.

Suddenly a new site in the site. It brings live to our small club. Members share, and do not wonder for a mailing list.

K 3.0.3 works perfectly with J! 3.2.1 and protostar template.

Great modules and extensions.

Many thanks
2013-12-12
Reviews: 31
you wont find a free extension with such a great support like Kunena team , simply a great forum tool , responsive and it does integrate with most popular community extensions like Community Builder,Jomsocial,EasySocial , i highly recommend you to try it out , i bet most Joomla users are using this very unique piece of work , excellent job guys, i wish to all of you more success on this wonderful tool , best regards :)
2013-12-09
Reviews: 2
Great forum component. Easy to install. Options are very user friendly. So anyone can use it easily.
2013-11-29
If you need a forum in your website, this is the way to go..
2013-11-25
Reviews: 15
This extension is the closest that Joomla can get to being a forum (without any tweaking!) - I used almost all the other extensions listed in the JED. This one is the best supported, reviewed & regularly updated of them all. The list of other plugins supporting Kunena was really not impressive though - looks similar to the multiple cck factions and the cck specific add-ons on the JED. One feature that needs to be addressed is the WYSIWYG editor support - TINY MCE, JCK & JCE - Not that the existing editor is bad but - including these editors would mean leveraging on the existing add-ons in joomla - the short codes - the {plugins} - It would give Kunena the extra edge of affiliating itself with joomla - instead of just being a phpbb(500 addons) with 10-20 addons. There is one other oddity - the administrator does not have any provisions to edit or add new topics or posts fromt the backend- Imagine joomla where the admin gets to add everything from the front-end!
2013-10-10
Generally, I don't review extensions. But, Today I got some time to do this. I have some favorite extensions list in Joomla like Akeeba backup, K2, Jomsocial. This one is next among my list. I am using kunena in more than 10 websites. Whenever I need an extension, I always would browse for best among the JED list. Still, this is the only recommended & best free extension for forum.
2013-09-24
Reviews: 17
This forum works right out of the box.

I have used it as stand alone and now use it together with Comunity Builder.

No problems at all.
2013-08-29
I like Kunena, easy to use and to the point. Works good. Thanks.
2013-08-29
Reviews: 3
Kunena is a great Joomla Forum component. It works very good and has all the options one needs but the design I do not like much.
Page 1 of 13