The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™

Kunena Popular ComponentModulePluginExtension Specific Addon

Editor's Note
Kunena is the leading Joomla forum component. Downloaded more than 3,750,000 times in nearly 6 years, Kunena is the only forum/discussion solution for Joomla that is community driven - true open source - public self-help forums, GitHub and documentation Wiki.

The most recent stable release, recommended for production websites running J! 2.5 and J! 3.x, is Kunena 3.0.5

Details about Kunena 3.0.5 are contained in the release notes at http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_3.0.5_Read_Me

For more details about the extent of Kunena features see http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Features

Report Extension

Images

2009-03-14
Reviews: 1
I have Fireboard on another site but thought I would try out the new Agora 3.0 andgot a MySql error right away. Kunena on the other hand looks great, works immediately and I don't have try and decipher illogical documentation as with Agora.
2009-03-12
Reviews: 2
Finally Joomla! as a forum software as good as Joomla! itself. So easy to use, great design and the support is excellent. I liked this software so much that I even had a version of SEF Advance developed just to work with it.
2009-03-11
Reviews: 3
I think this is sofar the best forum I have tried for Joomla!

Very quick install - works natively with 1.5 and no hassles

Excellent image handling and video/file handling and a good set of features/functions

Very Good Work!

Thanks!
2009-03-10
After much testing of many forum components, some I found too complicated and others were to simple and lacked functionality.

Kunena is just great, with a great team of developers - head over to the kunena website to see.

Thanks
2009-02-28
I'm so glad to see that further developmnt of Fireboard (an already mature project) has continued, and that the Kunena team is so active and willing to add user ideas and to help users with any issues or changes they may like to make.

This is the forum component for Joomla right now in my opinion. I've tried a few forums and this one seems to have one of the best balances between maturity and updates/advancement
2009-02-22
Great to have some of the Fireboard team back on track and unincumbered by poor management, unnecessary secrecy and inflated egos! The upgrade from 1.5RC2 was beautifully simple -- much easier than past internal Fireboard upgrades -- and does exactly what they say it does (and quickly!).

Big fan of 1.8 and very much looking forward to their native 1.5.x/1.6(?) version.

I had tried Agora once I found out about the Fireboard project falling to pieces and am so glad to be coming back to this much cleaner forum system.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with cowboysdude's review, especially about the use of Kunena with CB 1.2 and uddeIM being the perfect combination and it certainly has become the de facto Joomla standard.
2009-02-19
This component is a wonderful improvement to previous projects that were either discontinued or lacking in development. Having the component integrated within Joomla, and knowing that the developers are working as hard as they are on this component really gives me a lot of faith in this project. The only negative at this point is that it is not 1.5 native.
2009-02-15
Reviews: 24
The is an OUTSTANDING addition to any site! It's easy to setup.. easy to configure.. easy to maintain and most of all VERY USER FRIENDLY!!

The Support for this is also top-notched! For basically a FREE forum this is awesome!! IF it's not the best already it will be by the time its all said and done! I guarantee it! I have tried a few and finally.. finally found something that both myself and my users really enjoy!

Changing template colors and icons is a breeze [if you have any experience!]. There are plugins for CB as well as PM systems that will integrate with this forum very easily. I suggest Kunena, CB and Uddeim for a great system!

Take it from me.. you will be VERY happy with this package, not only from the ease of use but again the outstanding support you will get if you run into any trouble.

SECOND TO NONE... has become the standard!!
2009-02-08
What a great extension, i changed over from fireboard to this......EXCELLENT EXTENSION.
The only issue i had was on install, but i unzipped package first, ftp'd it to my server and then used the install manager to install from URL....everything worked just fine, i am using Joomla 1.5
keep up the good work
2009-02-08
I'm loving it!

I installed & it is a nice tool of communication, I also installed a spanish translation & everything went fine!
2009-02-07
I love this forum-software. I tried out many others but this is perfect for my needs. Thanks god Fireboard finally will be developed further in Kunena. Many Thanks to the Kunena-Team. :-))
2009-02-05
I have install Kunena Forum at my website after tried out some other forums. Finally I settle with Kunena, it is very easy to install and use.

Thanks to the developers!
2009-02-04
I walked the long way simpleboard, joomlaboard, fireboard and now kunena. Migrated from fireboard 1.0.4 to kunena 1.0.7b without any problem on both Joomla 1.0 and joomla 1.5 (legacy).

The amount of bug-fixing and new features is amazing! In my point of view this is the default choice of forum solution.

The support at the kunena homepage is very good. The developers are (hyper) active, and very helpful!
2009-02-04
Reviews: 6
Installed without any problems. I just have to move the language files for french translation from fireboard to Kunena and to move also my css files if possible. But right now, it's working just well.

I was pretty sure that Fireboard was a good choice as a base for my website forum. Other forums for Joomla! was not interesting, and now Kunena is the proof that à was right to stick to this base.
Then thanks to the Kunena team !
2009-02-04
I'm really glad someone is taking this project to the next level, looks excellent!

Thank You!
2009-02-03
Reviews: 4
I really liked the Fireboard Component, because it was simple, but had lots of features and had the best Joomla intergration. And Kunena is what Fireboard was, just MUCH BETTER! The team that is working with this project is awesome and gives one of the best support. Thank you for this awesome extension and keep on the good work.
2009-02-03
Whoa!

I was one of the first triers of kunena on a live production site itself. Well i instantly liked it and made my installed plugins to work with kunena!

I uninstalled fireboard and installed kunena a site with i realized i was on the live site and not on the local server without peeking on the address bar... LOL! But since it claims it has many bugfixes and enhancements from fireboard, I have to risk and persue... And did not go back!

At the time of writing this, my installed version is 1.0.6 and on its state on my site, it really surpasses the old sluggish fireboard.

It will be 1.5 native soon! An very awesome jomsocial integration.

Congratulations Kunena Boys!
2009-02-03
What a breath of fresh air, finally a component which performs well and integrates with jomsocial. I used fireboard previously however the lack of development made me loose confidence in the project. Kunena is the only forum for joomla and looking forward to the 1.5 native version, keep up the good work (so much progress has already been achieved).
2009-02-03
The version 1.07b still works fine. And if you visit the kunena website, you will see, which changes and innovations will come in future - awesome! And the support in Forum ist quick and really excellent. Thank you for this excellent Forum and your nice support!
2009-02-02
With hundreds of bug fixes from the old version of Fireboard and more to come, the guys at Kunena got the job done. Joomla finally has a native forum worth writing about. JomSocial and CB integration has already been implemented with more to come and soon to go Native J1.5 this is the forum system to choose for your existing and future projects.

Your Joomla forum has a new name: KUNENA

Great job guys!
Page 12 of 12