The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™

Kunena Popular ComponentModulePluginExtension Specific Addon

Editor's Note
Kunena is the leading Joomla forum component. Downloaded more than 4,000,000 times in 6 years, Kunena is the only forum/discussion solution for Joomla that is community driven - true open source - public self-help forums, GitHub and documentation Wiki.

The most recent stable release, recommended for production websites running J! 2.5 and J! 3.x, is Kunena 3.0.6

Details about Kunena 3.0.6 are contained in the release notes at http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_3.0.6_Read_Me

For more details about the extent of Kunena features see http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Features

Report Extension

Images

2011-12-20
Reviews: 3
I have nothing to complaint for this plugin and it works very well with the latest JomSocial 2.4. It is nice and stable. It is above and beyond my expectation for a OS product. Can't thank the developer team enough for making Kunena available to Joomla community.
2011-12-18
Reviews: 7
Great component with a great community!

Thank you.
2011-11-26
Reviews: 6
I'm a newbie who's building a 'professional' looking site, and this forum extension was perfect. It's simple, yet, pleasing to the user. It's got a 'new' feel, yet, navigation is simple. Easy installation with 1.7, I dig it.
2011-11-21
Reviews: 13
Super Forum!! Would be nice if topics can be marked as solved....otherwise perfect.
2011-10-17
Reviews: 9
I can't tell you how good I have found this product. I also can't tell you how much I was impressed by installing the latest version! It was awesome! I can't believe I forgot to review this product it's surely worthy, I've been using it for an age, and only reviewed it as someone asked me for a suggestion on a good Forum product! I haven't used any of the others but at this point I really so no reason to. Great work guys, and good support too.
2011-10-17
Reviews: 18
Kunena is the best forum component out there.

The support is also great. Thank you for such a free extension for the community!
2011-10-17
Reviews: 1
It is hard to say anything new about kunena forum. I used it many times and the result is excellent. Thank you.
2011-10-16
The latest version of Kunena is simply terrible in terms of SEO (urls, titles etc.). After testing it a lot, it turned out to be complete waste of time to use in future, because:
- urls are always generated incorrectly (component/kunena). It simply doesn't have proper routing.
- The index page (in our case recent posts) has a nightmare title, which cannot be changed through the standard Joomla! menu manager.

If you are looking for a good forum, skip that one.
2011-10-16
Reviews: 14
This is far the best forum extension i've used for my joomla sites. It works flawlessly with the messaging system i've created for our intranet. I thank the developers and more power to you guys.
2011-09-29
Excellent work guys... the best forum i ever work
2011-08-22
Reviews: 52
Although the development team is at times nonresponsive, and some answers in their support leave something to be desired in terms of politeness, the product is great, and the plugins are getting there. Even integration to tapatalk on the mobile is available, which is a very cool addition and enhances the availability tremendously.
2011-08-18
Have recently installed latest Kunena on J1.7, and I have to say, you guys have just nailed it. Beautiful component, well behaved, and, my biggest wish fullfilled. That is, access to selected discussions can be limited by J1.7 user ACL.
Thankyou
2011-08-12
Easy,Worked Like Charm and Perfect Configuration Options What More You can demand from an extensions.. :)
2011-08-04
Reviews: 5
I am using Joomla for so many years and I was having many problems with bridges to 3rd party scripts. Kunena is the best forum component for Joomla, excellent support and regular updates! Keep the good work.
2011-07-29
Reviews: 26
What can ia say - this is the best forum for joomla that I have seen, and I have looked at them all. Best features and great support!
2011-07-28
Reviews: 4
Finally, was waiting for the 1.7 version of it. Thank you, good job as always.
2011-07-28
Reviews: 26
This is mysecond installation -
1 I set up a 1.54 site and all went so easily well
2 I then created a 1.6 site and, again, installation and using it was a dream.

I had one problem and submitted a ticket - the response was in minutes - and we found that it was due to using Firefox 6 beta. Otherwise I still have no problems and am delighted with this excellent product and support
2011-07-18
Reviews: 5
I am a web developer and have installed over 100 Joomla Websites.
I have setup many other Top Forums for clients who used CMS website and JOOMLA such as SMF and others.

I can assure you. Do not waste your time with another forum Component.
Features of Kunena that stand far above all the others out there from both the Web Developer and the Front End User standpoint? Total integration with Joomla, Log into Joomla and you are Automatically Logged into the Forum.. no need to re log into another forum.. Registrants to the website are automatically registered with the Forum as Members.. .too many to list.. Take my word for it.. Simply always use KUNENA as your Forum and Discussion Software if you use Joomla for your Website! Do not waste your time with anything else! Support is AWESOME as well.
2011-07-16
Reviews: 2
It's a great component for forum i have used in 3-4 website and my clients satisfied with these feature and flexibility to admin...
2011-07-13
Reviews: 29
Kunena is the best forum component for Joomla. Since version 1.6.x it has everything what forum should have. It has also any useful integrations with other popular extensions.
Page 5 of 13