The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™

Kunena Popular ComponentModulePluginExtension Specific Addon

Editor's Note
Kunena is the leading Joomla forum component. Downloaded more than 4,000,000 times in 6 years, Kunena is the only forum/discussion solution for Joomla that is community driven - true open source - public self-help forums, GitHub and documentation Wiki.

The most recent stable release, recommended for production websites running J! 2.5 and J! 3.x, is Kunena 3.0.6

Details about Kunena 3.0.6 are contained in the release notes at http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_3.0.6_Read_Me

For more details about the extent of Kunena features see http://www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Features

Report Extension

Images

2010-10-12
Reviews: 1
The best free forums in the world. Excellent technical assistance by staff members.
Component installation and support of developers are a guarantee of success.
Simply the best!!!
2010-10-11
Reviews: 2
Excellent Component. They dont come better than this really. Nice work.
2010-09-29
I registered an account just to rate this component. It installs nicely and I had it up and running in minutes. It was easy to style and setup and has many great features!
2010-09-28
I have been using Kunena 1.5 for quite some time. I decided it didn't fit my needs so i browsed among other Joomla / Non Joomla free forums.

Tried Phpp witch worked fine but it was very difficult to integrate it to my site, didn't want a new complete page for it. I tried Agora, SMF and ... I realised Kunena was by far the best.

Now since 1.6 I am completely satisfied with it.
The support on the forums is awesome, I had some issues that were fixed in a matter of minutes so hat off to that.

It could do better for themes & design, but other thatn that 5*
2010-09-26
Reviews: 4
Application integration, friendly user interface, easy configuration, SEF, alot of modification is what Kunena offer. If there is better forum please tell me :D
Owner's reply

We don't know of one. :D

2010-09-23
We're using Kunena quite a while now, and with great pleasure. The developing of K1.6 was a nice surprise: a lot of new features, a lot of options and several possibilities to integrate other extentions.

Installations is extremely easy; upgrading from K1.5x versions is supported, as is a roll-back function. New is also that after configuration changes, one is able to "undo" the settings and go back to the last known state. Great!! Deleted some messages? No problem. This forum has a waste bin!

There was some trouble with the template we used for our site, and the Kunena team responded very quick and with thorough solutions. They not only pointed me in the right direction but took (a lot of) time to "spell it out" for me!

Bottom line: if you're looking for a forum on your Joomla site: don't search any longer, and get Kunena! Keep up the good work over there!!!
2010-09-12
Reviews: 23
I have just started using the new 1.6 version and all i can say is superb!!

********** star rating from me :)

Keep up the great work.
2010-09-12
Kunena forums(1.5) installed without a hitch. Configuration is a little clunky, but it looks like they are working that out for the 1.6ver. Runs superfast and integrates well with CB and uddeIM.
2010-09-12
Kunena is absolutely superb. It has transformed my Joomla website into a dynamic learning community of like minded people who are actively engaged in many dimensions of growth and transformation.

Kunena's flexibility, vast array of features, timely support is top notch in every way. Their development team also works tirelessly on upgrades to improve their already great component.

If you are seeking a discussion forum for your site, look no further! Kunena is the winner and champion. With version 1.6 about to be released shortly, it will only get better.
2010-09-08
Reviews: 5
What can one say? Kunena, in my opinion, is the *only* Joomla forum which is remotely of any use. It's stable, feature-rich, easy to install, easy to configure and use and a real joy to work with. Plus, the prompt support I've received on the website has been exceptional.

Look no further. This is the one. And the future looks bright.
2010-09-08
Reviews: 4
I can't say enough of the help Kunena gave me with putting my forum together. I had a snafu that I was blaming Kunena and CB but rather it was my templates issue regarding Roketheme's Gantry.

You have to go to the site template parameters and turn off Build titles Spans to get the full force of the Kunena Profile to work. For those of you with RT

Lastly, for those of you wondering if Kunena can handle large sites... They can and are working to run even larger sites. The commitment to this forum is amazing and the fact it is free is ridiculous.
2010-09-07
Reviews: 46
Was up and running in minutes.
Great extension
Very easy to use and fast to configure.
Highly recommended
works with Jomsocial and Community Builder so gets
full thumbs up.
Will be using this on all sites requiring a forum
Nice work !!!
2010-09-04
I used two other forum before settling on Kunena. The conversion from Agora to Kunena 1.5 went without a hic-up. Updating from 1.5 to 1.6 RC2 was as easy as pressing two buttons!

This is an awesome forum, easy to install and manage and requires no hacks or bridges. Out of the box the extension did what is was suppose to do. It also integrates beautifully with Community builder 1.2.3 and Jom Social 1.8.8!

The documentation on the site is plentiful and clearly written and the support forum is quick and very active.

For those wanting to tweak their forum template colors there is even a small hack in the support forum showing you how to do this! On two of my sites the Jom Social and Kunena forums no display the same color pallets!

Overall a clean, robust forum with all the bells and whistle but without the hassles. Highly recommended
2010-09-03
Reviews: 11
Are you searching for the BEST kunena Forum? Kunena 1.6 is the response!!
No other forum (tested) running on joomla are better than kunena 1.6.
Perfect management, looks better, works fine!
Simple to use and have a very big community for having a true support of any issues.
For now, once joomla 1.6 is not released as stable, K.16 have'nt the user groups access. But dont belive in other forum features such gruops... Kunena Rocks!
2010-08-26
Easy to use, keep it simple please. Waiting for the new release to correct some bugs and I hope it will include portuguese (pt-PT).

Thanks to this great forum.

Take Care
Owner's reply

Portugese would be great since Kunena already supports 14 languages (built-in). Please post here if you're interested in translating Kunena:

http://www.kunena.com/forum/21-language-specific

2010-08-11
Simple + powerful = perfect.
2010-08-05
Went through a few other options but this one was BY FAR the best option out there for a forum!!!
2010-08-03
Reviews: 31
Hi,
first I used another very good Forum but the owner of the website didn't like it so much so I searched again and chose this Forum. It's easy to install and very flexible to adjust. Now she's happy with the Forum. You're doing a great job. Thanks for sharing with us.
Best regards
Rudolf Aigner
2010-07-30
Reviews: 5
Installed easily
Easy to use
looks damn good
The forum for joomla
2010-07-30
I had used another highly popular forum extension since starting with Joomla! about 8 months ago. Support for the other extension was first rate and the forum worked well overall. But, in the last few months support for the other product seemed to be going downhill along with other issues.

I was not that familiar with Kunena but I felt the need to switch forum products so I downloaded and starting using Kunena. I had always heard that support at Kunena was not that great, but my experience has been otherwise. Support has been available in very reasonable time frames and they seem genuinely interested in helping users of Kunena when they run into issues.

Switching to Kunena turned out to be a good move. Even though Kunena was not my first choice, end the end, it turned out to be the best choice. The developers seem sincerely interested in upgrading their product to meet the needs of the Joomla! community. They also are committed to keeping their product freely available to the community at no cost and I'm not sure that this can be said of other forum developers.

MH
Page 8 of 13