* Integrate with Community Builder and JomSocial.
* Backend option for showing all online users/CB friends online/JomSocial friends online and Odudeprofile followers online.
* Gmail style bottom right display of chat boxes.
* Keeps chat boxes open and stores state (data) even when pages are browsed/refreshed
* Displays “Sent at…” after 3 minutes of inactivity.
* Displays “X says…” & blinks chat boxes when window is not in focus.
* Minimize and close chat boxes.
* Support smiley and urls
* Display chat user by username or name
* Chat alert sound when chat window is not in focus(two chat sound selection option available)
Removed the IE bug (operation aborted window popup)
Auto refresh online user list
Fixed IE sound notification bug
User can set their status as Available, Away, Busy & Invisible
Show some user info on mouse hover of user ( works for JomSocial,CB and Odudeprofile )
Bingo...just as predicted, as soon as I took my upgraded site live, AjaxChat worked immediately...no other fix needed. It does what it advertises cleanly and efficiently.
Good product/good support. Can't ask for anything more.
It's a big plus that it's possible to set one's chat status to available, busy, idle or invisible.
And the support is really fast! Within a couple of hours, sometimes minutes, I received help.
I give this component and module the highest rating for these reasons :)
However, the options available in the administrative back-end to customize its behavior are limited. To modify the appearance of the chat-box, you have to modify the css files in the module directory (which isn't a big deal, in and of itself). Several style parameters are, however, hard-coded in the .js files (the vertical position of the chat box being one of them). Not an issue if you know what you're doing, of course, but I would have appreciated some styling options in the back-end.
On the other hand, I find the absence of an option to set the refresh behavior (rate, conditions) of the ajax calls the extension uses to check for users/messages a little more serious. On a site with only one user (the admin) connected, it sends requests every second or so. These are tiny, tiny requests, but I feel like I shouldn't need to modify files to restrict when and how often these ajax calls are made.
Nevertheless, this is a great piece of software, and well worth the purchase if it looks like what you need.
Support is just amazing. I had issues with my website and the developer resolved those really fast. He his also really open to new ideas to improve the component/module.